hammondfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Julie
New Caney Texas
77 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  04:47:16 AM  Show Profile
Hello,

Have any of you received free advertizing on your business?

Best Regards,
Julie Hammond
Hammond Farm
People Tested Goat Approved, tm
www.hammondfarm.com

Hammond Farm
www.hammondfarm.com
People Tested Goat Approved, tm

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  05:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
I wouldn't take any "free" advertising at its word.

I'm in the advertsing business - ads are never free.

The only "free" advertising is the best kind of advertising - word of mouth.
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  11:35:55 AM  Show Profile
Best "free" advertising I ever got was a full page write up (with pictures) in an area newspaper! When you have something interesting going on, call the paper and ask if they are looking for human interest stories! One local paper here welcomes submissions, especially if you provide photos! I get tons of PR for our boy scout troop this way!
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

jamsnbread
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Is
Worth IL
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2006 :  9:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Send jamsnbread an AOL message  Click to see jamsnbread's MSN Messenger address  Send jamsnbread a Yahoo! Message
If you are looking to do advertising online then you can go to http://www.prweb.com and post a press release for free. I have done this a few times with both my businesses and prweb ranks very high on all major search engines.

You can also try your local sport and communtiy activities. Sometimes they have brochures and literature that they hand out at their games and for a trade of services they will put an ad in for you.

Your local phone company will sometimes through a free online and book ad when you set up a business line.

Those are some ways to get some free advertising.

Isabel

Jams -N- Bread
www.jams-n-bread.com
info@jams-n-bread.com

C & A Computer Services
www.cacrs.com
info@cacrs.com
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2006 :  3:14:02 PM  Show Profile
Check with your state Farm Bureau publications or any state/regional newspapers and give them an interesting story about your business. Maybe they will be willing to do an article about your farm business and that helps get free advertising. If you are involved with the farmer's market, check with your county extension agent and see if they have a newsletter/website that they can advertise your business/website online.

Always be on the lookout for newsletters and newspapers of local/state business/organizations and check into how to get articles written about your business.

Jessica~Miss Wilma's Niece
Take a look at my country living photography & more at http://kydeere.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

Presidio
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

christina
Alderson West Virginia
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2006 :  08:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Presidio an AOL message
Yup, local newspapers are usually hard-up for things to put in the paper. Especially interesting local stuff. Just drop by and ask them if they would like a story and most likely they will jump on it. We do it at our agency all the time. The papers just love to have a story handed to them.
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Free Advertizing Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page