Page: of 2

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  11:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That sounds like soo much fun Judy!!! And yes, fashion can be stressful.

Kayla, We do sound alot alike! How cool is that?!?!

thank you soo much ladies for joining in and sharing stories! It has been so much fun to read!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  11:55:42 AM  Show Profile
I think, after reading some of your posts, I'd like to live in the pioneer days and the 40's... I love the grit the pioneer women possessed! They could handle anything, mostly because they had to. And I just LOVE the fashions of the 40's, not to mention the music. :)

I forgot to comment on this earlier... I do agree with Brenda, part of why some of those old fashioned activities have disappeared is we have many choices now on what to do. But, in my opinion, many of the activities we do nowadays just can't compare... we don't get together like we used to. Don't enjoy the simple things in life. There's a lot of technology involved which, i think, "rots our brains". Granted, we are able to travel to see great things... but some miss the great things at home, in their local area. We forget to just enjoy ever day, want more and more. At least that's what I've seen with some of the younger generations... some could use some old fashioned fun!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  12:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, you are so right.

Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  2:05:49 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone ever seen the Pioneer reality series PBS did a couple years ago. I know it can be rented thru Netflix. They did specials in several different time periods. I like the Victoria era. The series changed my appreciation for modern conviences quite a bit.

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  3:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I did Michelle! It was really good! I loved it!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  5:44:08 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, you are very right. Nobody takes the time to value the simple things, like new life in spring or fresh fallen snow. Modern conviences take away from that.
Judy, that really does sound fun. I think most people have lost that sense of being neighborly like that.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  07:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Well, Channah, my dear. . . if you had been born in a different era we wouldn't have the ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL PLEASURE of knowing you right here and right now!!! So, I'm grateful you are right here and right now!!!

I think, for me, and perhaps for you and many other farmgirls, because we are of kindred spirit and like-mindedness, we are the ones who can model a simpler lifestyle, more gracious, sensitive and caring attitudes and bring the TRUE FARMGIRL SPIRIT into this modern world and "walk the walk" and "live the life".

We can let the whole world know WHO we are and WHAT we stand for, that we a "different breed"! We are tough, yet some of the most sensitive, caring, loving people on earth!! We are creative in ways noone else can match!! We are resourceful beyond measure!!!
Furthermore we are FUN, FUN, FUN, FUN . . . and FUNNY, FUNNY, FUNNY!!!

I'm here because of all of you farmgirls of kindred spirit who are some of the most wonderful, unique people on God's green earth!!!!
I'm here because we encourage, support, give . . .and we are tough!!!
And we can live our lives from "another era" for all the world to see and be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO envious of us!!!!

God Bless you, Channah!!!
God Bless all of you!!!
LONG LIVE FARMGIRLS!!!!!!
Love you all!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Mar 25 2010 07:42:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  08:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Amen!!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  10:54:51 AM  Show Profile
Awww, CeeJay, I couldn't agree with you more! And you do make a good point... without this technology we wouldn't we able to connect this way. And we are all FUN and FUNNY! Who wouldn't love us farmgals?! :)

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  11:14:12 AM  Show Profile
You Go CJ!!!! You explained who we are and what we do, to the tee! It couldn't have been put any better than that. We are all what you described and proud of!!! May the modern woman try to take us down. No Way!!!!

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  11:24:28 AM  Show Profile
It is those of us who feel born out of time who will be the ones to pass on the traditions of old.
I think I have always felt that way also. I am not sure about outhouses & snakes in my house but other than that I could have handled it!!
It is good to know there is another generation (who as the born out of time people) so it will continue on. I like to teach the kids the old time arts & traditions. We have a peschool group that came out to see the animals & the farm. Some of them had never seen animals & were surprised to learn where some of their food came from! How sad is that?

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  11:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
It is sad that the kids in Bri's Pre-K-5 class have no idea where milk comes from or eggs. They have never seen their Mom sew or garden or feed animals.

I want to pass to Bri love for old things, simply things, and a love for nature and animals.

I look forward to a wonderful evening when the power goes out. We sing songs, read books by candle or flashlight, just talk. Then if it is chilly, we all slip into bed and cuddle to sleep. I guess I am kind of a hypocrite. I love chatting on this forum with ya'll. All of ya'll are closer than most of the friends that I had in Ohio. I guess we are lucky to have it both ways.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  11:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I love how you put that CJ!!! You go farmgirl!

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Born in the wrong era. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page