2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  11:59:07 AM  Show Profile
I do salt on watermelon

Hubby eats PB&J whenever the mood strikes no matter the time

I have a bowl of ice cream EVERY night, even in the dead of winter. I will buy 8 half gallons at a time if the price is right and nothing else will be in the cart BUT ice cream!

We eat spaghetti under chili (it's a Cincinnati thing)

I put Tabasco sauce in everything.

Hubby leaves empty containers in the frige....or nearly empty, like the last drop is gonna kill him.

I can't bring myself to buy t.v. dinners and pre-packaged foods, and would rather slave in the kitchen than eat some garbage full of who- knows -what. (Frozen pizza is the only exception.) Live 20 miles from the nearest Pappa John's or Dominos and you know what I'm talking about.

We eat only Smuckers Natural P-nut butter or Almond butter from Whole Paycheck...I mean Whole Foods.

I will eat lima beans and peas with butter and salt, but will swallow them whole. It's a texture thing

For you Southern gals, I eat my 'mater sandwiches with mustard and Doritos and not Duke's Mayonnaise. (Just not a mayo gal)

I don't like the sour smell left in a partially consumed or empty glass of cow's milk, so I switched to almond milk.

Oh, and the best one passed down form my dad. Try Ritz crackers, slathered in P-nut butter and topped with a dill pickle slice!

I'd rather have a diet pepsi over any coke product any day, and will ask for water if no pepsi is offered

Room temperature Diet Mountain Dew is fine in a pinch

and the last.....I will continue fromr now 'till forever to pick the crusts off sandwiches (unless it's fresh home made right out of the oven kind of bread)
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  12:22:36 PM  Show Profile
I put potato chips inside my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The jelly must be strawberry.

If I make a "good" turkey sandwich, the bread has to be spread with Country Crock. (Got that one from my grandma)

Milk has to be very cold to drink or be put in cereal.

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  6:25:23 PM  Show Profile
I am dying laughing reading about the bologna sandwich with potato chips.

Reminds me of my father who LOVED bologna sandwiches with pickles and jelly, which makes my stomach hurt to think about. But he wouldn't eat peanut butter, bananas and honey which is one of my favorites!

Are you putting stale bread into your stewed tomatoes? That is all the ingredients we use here - bread (hamburger buns?), tomatoes (best home-canned) and a small amount of sugar. The bread dissolves and thickens the tomatoes a little. I will look up a recipe, but that is how my Grandmother made it. (Her parents were first generation German immigrants - she was born in 1910.)

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  8:00:47 PM  Show Profile
My mom always put stale bread in the tomatoes too. Stale bread, toast, probably anything else that was handy. And home canned tomatoes.

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Meaningless Food Rules Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page