True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  09:33:59 AM  Show Profile
Girls,
Should be getting my tote bag, and budget mix, and some other things I ordered. How is it going out there in farmland with trying the MJ recipes? How are they coming out? and anything that would be helpful to know?
NANCY JO

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  11:33:55 AM  Show Profile
I made the strawberry scones last weekend and they were very yummy. They didn't brown up very well, but still tasty. I also made the chocolate chip cookies for my honey and they came out great. I think I would rather use my stevia next time because it calls for a lot of sugar. Very yummy, going to do crepes next. Anyone made them yet? This is all from the new magazine out.

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  9:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
i tried the fold over tonight and it was sooooo tastey!! It was a big hit! and SO easy!! I might try my first bakeover tomorrow night...or heck maybe another fold over!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  07:39:16 AM  Show Profile
I am planning to make a fold over this week, glad to hear it's a winner!

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  09:30:53 AM  Show Profile
I made the muffins today, page 73 in the magazine. I put nuts in instead of raisins, put some butter on a couple when they came out of the oven, yummy. Will make them again. Going to try the crust for a small pizza tonight, got lots of extra cheese in the fridge. See how that comes out.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  11:54:07 AM  Show Profile
Are you all using MJ's budget mix or does anyone use another or make their own?
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  12:04:25 PM  Show Profile
I'am using the budget mix for the two things I made today.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  1:05:43 PM  Show Profile
I am going to make a peach cobbler tonight (I canned up alot of peach pie filling last summer) and I will let you know how it turns out. I will be using the budget mix...I have just been craving peach cobbler!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  1:36:52 PM  Show Profile
Thats sounds really good Jenny, sometimes I think I should take up canning again, but I would have to start from scratch, and buy not only all the canning supplies, but also the produce.
If the budget mix keeps working this good for me I'am going to have to order the big size!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  3:55:14 PM  Show Profile
We use a local mix that's not organic called shawnee mills (made in Shawnee, OK) They make brownie mix, no sugar added cornbread mix (which I like), and a pizza crust mix. We made the pizza crust the other night. We put olive oil on the pizza pan and prebake the crust for about 5-7 minutes, then put ingredients on it. This time we topped it with a can of great northern beans mushed up with herbs and spread over the crust, then sauteed turnip greens, carrot and onion and topped with just a bit of cheddar, then we put it in the oven for another 10 minutes or so, just to warm everything up and melt the cheese. Would have been even better with goat cheese but that's what we had on hand. When I get enough ahead on my budget, I want to order the chillover powder and the budget mix. I think the chillover could be made with just juice and fruit and be really good.

Julie

Edited by - Juliekay on May 04 2006 3:56:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

magdaverte
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

3 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  4:49:02 PM  Show Profile
I made up my own mix and have used it for cobbler and muffins so far. The recipes in the new magazine are great! Tomorrow I am trying the pancakes and scones!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 04 2006 :  9:01:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm using the MJ budget mix and have made the panbreads, a bakeover, the chocolate chip cookies AND pancakes, and they've all been great! I really do want to try the crepes, but I'm sort of "crepe-shy," I guess...

I made some chill-over "jigglers," and they were good - I made them with cranberry juice - but I think they'd be better with orange juice like in the magazine...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - May 05 2006 :  07:37:24 AM  Show Profile
My vegetarian son will not eat jello anymore. I want to order the ChillOver but I never see a recipe for just plain "jello" from the ChillOver. Has anyone made "jello" from it and would you share your recipe? Nothing fancy - just colorful flavored stuff. Also he said he's had vegetarian jello made out of the same base but it always tasted funny. Is MJ's ChillOver jello "not" funny tasting"?
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - May 06 2006 :  4:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
For the fold over that i made i used mix from the local store, its a whole wheat mix called Hodgson Mill Insta-Bake mix, it worked really well with the recipe i didnt have to change anything.

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  09:41:10 AM  Show Profile
I ordered my tote bag yesterday! Also ordered pesto fry bread, scone mix and some attitude bars (special treat). Hope it comes today or tomorrow. Oh - also ordered some chillover as I'm anxious to try some of the recipes in the new magazine. I'm pretty close to Moscow and last time my order came so quickly! Can't wait to see my tote bag.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe

Edited by - blueroses on May 09 2006 09:42:13 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic MJ RECIPES? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page