Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned Next Topic
Page: of 9

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  1:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Very cool! But this time, since it's garden season etc, could the deadline be extended?

Ann Bernadette ~ Farmgirl #847
"It's not the heights you come from that count; it's the depths you reach."
. . . from "New Mercies" by Sandra Dallas
Go to Top of Page

Bugabee
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Kristie
Lugoff South Carolina
USA
33 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  8:09:31 PM  Show Profile
I came home to a package waiting on the table!! They are awsome!!!!!!!! I was really impressed with the quality of everyones work. I laid them out on my bed and they are going to make a gorgeous quilt. I have decided to use a black and yellow fabric for sashing that I've had for years but never felt compelled to use. I realized I didn't sign mine and now wished I had. I made all the ones that have #1165 on them. I added my intials(KBN) on the ones I got back so they will match everyone elses. I loved the gift barbara! Where did you get that? I would love to make a green and cream color quilt to go along with that square. Are we doing another one?

The best way to prdict your future is to CREATE it.
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  03:26:08 AM  Show Profile
Love you quilting farmgirls:) I found the gift fabric while I was in Paducha for the quilt show. They did not have it in the red. Which is what I really wanted. But as you know a farmgirl can make do!! I would love to do this again. We will need to think about a deadline, with gardening around the corner, and vacations. Oh we aslo need to think of a theme. Perhaps a green and cream quilt - to match the gift fabric? Keep talking I know that we can find our next quilt.... Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  11:34:06 PM  Show Profile
I got all the wonderful blocks and they are super!!!! everyone did such a great job.
Hubby asked if I was going to make a quilt with them or if I was just going to sit and admire them. He is so funny, men just don't understand sometimes, it is a man thing. Ha

I did realize that everyone but me stuck to the red and white theme, I found the yellow in the center of mine and fell in love with it and just had to use it, sorry, I do hope it didn't throw everyone off.

All those who didn't sign theirs I am going to make a label for the back that tells all about the exchange and who everyone was that participated. It will be such a special quilt, all my farmgirl friends.
Thanks to all.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  03:48:10 AM  Show Profile
jelliott your yellow just added the "zing" to our other blocks! Glad that you are enjoying your blocks. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  5:30:41 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I am so happy we are considering another project. That gift fabric IS PERFECT! These quilt block for me are a symbol of our "kindered spirits" and love and appreciation for the fine are of quilting. I always am proud to say, "I'm a Quilter" and now I can add that I'm a "Farmgirl Quilter" and am part of a Henhouse that is just full of great Chicks!

Ann Bernadette ~ Farmgirl #847
"It's not the heights you come from that count; it's the depths you reach."
. . . from "New Mercies" by Sandra Dallas
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  2:59:43 PM  Show Profile
Nicie I have received your blocks thanks:) Still waiting for two more sets, then I can return the blocks to everyone. Ann must agree with you...I'm a "Farmgirl Quilter"!! Love that!! Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  09:34:45 AM  Show Profile
I cann't wait....so..excited to recieve/see the blocks.. and mail.
farmgirl sister Debra

Worry ends Where Faith in God begins.
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  10:19:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for letting me know that your received by blocks. Can't wait to see what I get in return.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  10:31:11 AM  Show Profile
Barbara, did you get mine yet? For the second round.

Heather

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  2:03:19 PM  Show Profile
Heather B your blocks came today right next to my MJF issue - how perfect! Just need one more set...then off the blocks will go back to everyone. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Bag Lady Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Viola
Spearfish South Dakota
USA
130 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  5:46:06 PM  Show Profile
Barbara:

I mailed my red/blocks today to you with my envelope for my blocks to be mailed back. The deadline - 28th was that for blocks to be mailed - with this surgery I am so behind - sad news I am going back in for surgery again on Monday 5/10/10 - All I can say is that it has been an interesting time since March 29th. Anyway blocks on your way to you

Vi
Quilting in the Black Hills

Edited by - Bag Lady Diva on May 06 2010 6:53:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

ayates
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

anna
hailey id
USA
170 Posts

Posted - May 06 2010 :  7:04:36 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, I'm sure you posted & I missed it, but did you receive my blocks for group two? I mailed 'em 20April. I'm getting soo excited to see all the designs. This is the best swap ever! Thanks for your work!
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 07 2010 :  09:51:09 AM  Show Profile
ayates, yes your blocks came in during the first set. Vi thanks for mailing your blocks - hate to hear that you need another surgery. I will be thinking about you:) I will post when your blocks arrive. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 08 2010 :  4:08:47 PM  Show Profile
Vi, I received your blocks today. Thank you!! I am waiting on one more set. I think that the benadryl messed up my counting regarding the sets. Sorry... pollen in the south. Shereekimes send them my way....I would love for everyone to get their blocks back this week!! Thanks, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!

Edited by - craftystranger on May 09 2010 1:34:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  12:14:28 PM  Show Profile
"BUMP"

Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  9:53:07 PM  Show Profile
Barbara, any news on the block situation? Thank you for being the hostess of this swap. You have to be brave to take it on and make sure it happens. I think you have achieved your goals. Is another swap in the makings? Perhaps a different color and a specific block. One that would be appropiate for new quilters and and used quilters (I didnt want to say old).

Heather

Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

Bag Lady Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Viola
Spearfish South Dakota
USA
130 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  06:33:27 AM  Show Profile
What about "experienced quilters" ------ I like that better.
Just joining in.

Vi

Quilting in the Black Hills
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  08:56:06 AM  Show Profile
I still have not heard back from our missing block farm girl. I have decided to send the second group's block back without her. I just don't like to keep everyone else waiting. I'm up for another swap. We could have a color swap again or make star blocks. You girls chat it over. Let's see what we can come up with..... Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

MargaretW
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Margaret
Dittmer Missouri
USA
99 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  07:06:21 AM  Show Profile
count me in if you get another on going, along with the blocks we could exchange fat-quarters too!

Margaret

Proud to be an American! There is nothing better on earth than our freedom!

Edited by - MargaretW on May 14 2010 07:06:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  08:15:24 AM  Show Profile
I would alsolike to be in on the next block exchange, I am going to try and get the red and white
blocks together this weekend will post picture if I do.
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  10:26:04 AM  Show Profile
I also would like to do the next block exchange. Maybe something in yellow or purple.
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  12:13:31 PM  Show Profile
Nicie I like the yellow and purple idea...and maybe flowers? Could be the block, applique, or in the fabric? Keep the ideas brewing, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  12:17:37 PM  Show Profile
I like the idea of exchanging a fat quarter with the block.I know that it could get pricey but what if we had the list of swapper's and you send your 12 blocks in and one fat quarter. When the swap mama gets the blocks she divides them up and then give's each girls fat quarter to the name on the list below hers and the last on the list her fat quarter goes to the firast on the list. Having a Star block of some sort would be nice to do.What does everyone think.

Heather

Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  1:25:52 PM  Show Profile
Whew..I have just returned the last set of blocks. Look for them in the mail and let me know when you have received them. Now -- lets talk about the next swap. Did everyone like the size? Or do we want to go smaller? Swapping a fat quarter would be great. I like Heather B's idea. Do we want stars or flowers? I would love to hear what everyone is doing with the red and white blocks. I hope to start putting mine together this weekend. I am going to take them to my quild luncheon thursday. I must show them off...I just love my farmgirl blocks, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page