Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned Next Topic
Page: of 9

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  7:29:26 PM  Show Profile
No blocks today ... just looking for two more packages to complete our first group. Hopefully they will come soon. Then I can mail them back to everyone this saturday. That will give me time to get ready for the second group!! Debbie I will place your blocks with the second group. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Chels
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Chelsie
Layton Utah
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  09:39:52 AM  Show Profile
I hope you got my email two weeks ago saying I could not do it...I also posted to see if you got my email....sorry.
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  5:46:41 PM  Show Profile
Sorry that you had to drop out chels. I am waiting on Heather B's blocks - I have sent her an e-mail. Then I will be able to send the first group back to everyone. The second groups blocks have started to arrive... Thank you ayates and debbies journey. I have blocks sorted and are almost ready for the return trip to your homes. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  9:44:07 PM  Show Profile
my blocks are ready except for my signature, can't figure out how I want it... running out of time so i better make up my mind lol

someplace between lost and found
annette

not all who wander are lost
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  06:23:17 AM  Show Profile
mamashaw some of the girls signed with a fine tip pen that is used for fabrics, some used their machine, and others did not sign. Just pick one and I say just do it!! Your signature is part of you sent out to touch other quilters. I saw a victory quilt the other day that had tons of signatures....It was awesome! To see the number of people who cared about an individual. Those signatures were done with red work. Cann't wait to see your blocks:) Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  06:32:00 AM  Show Profile
Yhea Heather B has sent her blocks my way:) This will complete the first group. I will be sending everyone back one of their own blocks. Please let me know when you have recieved your blocks. Thanks, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  1:40:41 PM  Show Profile
I have all the blocks for group one. I will be mailing them after work tomarrow....keep your eyes on your mail box..... Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  05:15:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Barbara, I am really looking forward to looking at all the blocks! You have done a fine job of organizing all of this.

Ann Bernadette ~ Farmgirl #847
"It's not the heights you come from that count; it's the depths you reach."
. . . from "New Mercies" by Sandra Dallas
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  09:25:18 AM  Show Profile
My Blocks are signed and ready to go in the mail. One short note.. my quilters rule got broke yesterday and I am unable to trim them to the 12 1/2 sq size. I won't get to town for a new rule until sometime next week. Would you ladies mind doing your own trimming of my block? I so apologize ( my 4yo does too as he is the breaker of said rule )

annette

Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  1:08:26 PM  Show Profile
mamashaw, I can trim your blocks... don't worry:) I am ready for the second groups blocks!! Send them on ladies. I have 4 counting my own just waiting on 7 more. We only had one person drop from each group. I think that is pretty good, I know how life gets in the way with all our hopes, dreams, and good wishes. I will keep everyone posted as the blocks arrive. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  3:57:37 PM  Show Profile
I am waiting for the mail man to see if they are in the mail yet. I am so excited to see all the others that are coming. I am so thankful that you did this swap and agreed to sort them and send them out. Lots of work for you. I am so glad that I connected with MJ's forums. It has been so much fun. Hugs to all.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  6:31:49 PM  Show Profile
Nothing like finishing at the last minute lol. I JUST finished the last of my blocks for group 2 and will be sending them out tomorrow morning. I tried challenging myself on this one and while I think the blocks are good, they are not perfect and I was hoping for closer to perfect. Hopefully I am being too critical. But I had lots of fun and cn't wait to see what everyone else has done!

Catherine
Farmgirl #1370
City Girl By Birth,
Suburbanite By Location,
Farmgirl at Heart
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  7:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Crafty / Barbara,

Thank you so much! I am putting them in the mail tomorrow.

annette #1372

Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  08:30:59 AM  Show Profile
While we are all waiting on our blocks .... Take a look at sew mama sew blog. This is quilt month for her blog. She has posted a quilt for each day and some have links to the patterns. I just love seeing ideas from other quilters. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

bellagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Carmen
Holland MI
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  12:36:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello,
I joined too late to be a part of this last quilt block swap. Please give me advice on how join the next one.
Thank you. Sister #1443 Bellagirl
Carmen
Holland, MI

Blessings from Heaven and Earth
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  04:43:03 AM  Show Profile
Bellagirl sorry that you found us to late. I know that we will have more swaps in the future. This one was fun! Everyone made such great blocks. Keep checking here so that you can see what we make with our blocks. Happy to see another quilter, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  1:44:55 PM  Show Profile
Today I have received nettie's blocks. Thanks! I love it! Keep them coming.....Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  10:37:11 AM  Show Profile
Ok, so are we going to stay together as a group and continue to make more block?

Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  11:56:59 AM  Show Profile
Ann you make me laugh...let me finish this one first...hahaha but we could swap again!! Maybe change the color, or size. Toss it around and see what we can come up with. Today I received blocks from urban chickie. Thanks. I really like your red that you used. Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  4:59:33 PM  Show Profile
That's my enthusiasm coming out ;) My blocks came to day and I need to apologize that my block is a little smaller. Im sorry I did not realize. And Barbara, did you intend to mail back to my 1 of my blocks? I had made 12 and sent out 11, keeping 1 for myself. I was worried that someone would be a block short. Let me know. And I absolutely so enjoy looking at all the blocks. I love all the different fabrics and patterns. Great job everyone. I hope mine being too small doesn't mess this thing up.

Go to Top of Page

Bag Lady Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Viola
Spearfish South Dakota
USA
130 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  11:23:52 AM  Show Profile
Hello Barb and Ann:

I just e-mailed Barb - regarding mty finished Red/Whilte blocks that I have completed and ready to be mailed. So will wait for her reply.

Thank you.

Vi

Quilting in the Black Hills

Edited by - Bag Lady Diva on May 01 2010 11:24:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  12:32:12 PM  Show Profile
Today I received mamashaw's blocks. That makes 7 for group 2...need only 4 more. Ann, yes I returned one block that you made, we had one person drop from each group. Just to keep it simple I returned one block to each person. I think that everyone did a great job - don't you? Vi, I sent you an e-mail. Will be on the look out for your blocks. My mailman has never been so busy. Hopefully nicie, Heather B, and shereekimes have sent their blocks my way!! Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  3:12:26 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks Barb. Hi Vi!!!!

Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  5:11:10 PM  Show Profile
My blocks came today- YAY!!
they are al so wonderful- I'll have to study them for a while and then decide what to make!
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  08:46:53 AM  Show Profile
My blocks came!! To everyone who was in my group, your blocks are just awesome. I wish everyone would have signed them though, but thats okay I will make a list and
put it on the back of the quilt when it is finished. I was so excited!! I wanted to put them all together! But I have to finish my other quilt blocks first, but I have my sashing for the blocks so hopefully tonight I will start putting them together.
Thank you BARBARA for putting this swap together, and I'm on the same page as
Ann when is the next one?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page