Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned Next Topic
Page: of 9

Chels
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Chelsie
Layton Utah
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  7:16:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much! Yes...I had read about vinegar, salt and so many different suggestions I wasn't sure which to try! I have only made wall hangings and have yet to make a "real" quilt for a bed, etc. I think I will take your advice and rinse it a couple more times, just to make sure! I am taking a quilting class, and we are making an Eleanor Burns, "Underground Railroad" quilt. There are quite a few reds and blues, I did not wash before piecing. Although I plan to hang it on the wall. Thank you so much! Chels
Go to Top of Page

LindaJo
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Linda
Fargo ND
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  11:12:54 AM  Show Profile
Whenever I wash a quilt I put in a sheet to absorb any color that runs. I can't think of what they are called, maybe dye magnet? It's the only thing I have ever found that works. They are with the detergents etc.
Happy quilting!
Linda

Art cleans the dust of everyday life from the soul. Picasso
Go to Top of Page

Heather B
True Blue Farmgirl

562 Posts

Heather
Longmont Colorado
USA
562 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  11:40:09 AM  Show Profile
BUMP!

http://homesteadincity.blogspot.com/

"Only your real friends tell you when your face is dirty"
Farm Girl Sister #662
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  12:52:17 PM  Show Profile
joyfulmelodies is back in the swap...yhea!!! Good to have you back. Hey ladies we need 5 more to complete the second group. Ask around, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

mamashaw
True Blue Farmgirl

268 Posts

Annette
Cahokia IL
USA
268 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  07:36:25 AM  Show Profile
Still room?

annette

not all who wander are lost
Go to Top of Page

Bag Lady Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Viola
Spearfish South Dakota
USA
130 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  08:42:31 AM  Show Profile
I just sent an E-mail to Barb regarding being included in the block swap - I also returned the e-mail to be counted in - but do not see my name. I have my red fabric picked, washed, and ironed, ready to go. Let me know -----am I in or am I out.

Vi

Quilting in the Black Hills
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  3:25:42 PM  Show Profile
Vi, Your in!!!

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2010 :  7:43:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm in mini group 1.
Very please to say, my blocks are all strip pieced together. Tomorrow, I'll cut the pieced strips into the final blocks. My MIL is going to machine embroider my name on them for me AFTER Easter and before April 14th. But I told her the 15 of April was the last date, oops.
Anyway- I'm on track!
~ Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

Chels
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Chelsie
Layton Utah
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  07:14:00 AM  Show Profile
Is the due date April 15th or 28th? Are we supposed to have our names on them? Sorry I am new! ;)I am so excited!!

Chels

Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2010 :  1:42:20 PM  Show Profile
I thought it would be nice to have our farm number and our first name. I understand that some girls do not have a farm number that still is okay. Just thought that this way we could remember who made each block. There are two groups each one has a different deadline. But if your finished early you can send them to me....I just will not be able to return your blocks until everyone has finished. Group 1 is April 14th and group 2 is April 28th. I really am glad to know that others are just as excited as I am:) Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  4:04:09 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone is having a Blessed Easter Sunday! My family & I just returned today from our trip. This trip was fabulous. And I completed piecing my blocks for this swap!!!!! Now for the signature and then they will be soon be out the door making their journey to all of you! I see there are lot of other quilt block swaps out there is anyone doing more than 1 at a time?
How is everyone else doing? Seems I've been out of the loop. Great to be back!

Sister #847-Ann Bernadette
Go to Top of Page

shereekimes
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Sheree
Statesboro GA
USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2010 :  7:17:51 PM  Show Profile
I would love to participate if there is still a place.

Sheree LivIt! You can change the world one person at a time. jlang
Go to Top of Page

ayates
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

anna
hailey id
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  08:49:29 AM  Show Profile
I've emailed Barbara, just wanted all to know that I am in and looking forward to a masterpiece! Thank you, ladies.
Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2010 :  10:58:25 PM  Show Profile
Ann~I may be doing to much, but it is so fum making quilt blocks!
I'm doing 2 different sets of sampler blocks for the Henhouse Quilt Chicks,
the signature/friendship blocks, and these beautiful red and white blocks.
How about you?
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  03:30:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie - Henhouse Quilt Chicks? How do you become a member of that group? Currently I am working on these red/white blocks and I am doing 2 block of the month thru my local quilt shop; and last night I started a rag quilt using 2 jelly rolls called "Just Seams". I will agree that making quilt blocks rocks!!! And is addicting, to say the least. Deadlines make me nervous, and I work outside the home full time, so I have to budget my time accordingly as not to over commit. I would love to be a quilter full time w/ benefits though. Any applications out there I could fill out for the job???? lol
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  03:33:41 AM  Show Profile
Also, I was wondering, when do I get a little red hexagon under my name? Does that have to do w/ how many merit badges we have earned? And also, "Farmgirl in training" vs. "True Bluef" etc?
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  04:04:12 AM  Show Profile
Morning girls! Work has been keeping me busy. Not to worry all my blocks are done:) How is everyone else coming along? I cann't wait to see all the wonderful blocks out there. The first group has a deadline coming soon....don't panic girls everything will come together and everyone will love your blocks that you have made from your heart. Happy to say that we have another to join the second group ---welcome shereekimes!! We need one more to complete the second group. Ann, when you become a farmgirl you get the sign and a number. Farmgirl in training is the group for young girls --- not for us who are young at heart:) Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  10:14:44 AM  Show Profile
Barbara, I do have a number, #847. ??? And I am 43 y/o, what did I do wrong?
Go to Top of Page

ayates
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

anna
hailey id
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  10:35:37 AM  Show Profile
No you don't need one more -- here I am! I'm stitching like mad to meet the deadline. Get me on the list!!
Go to Top of Page

urban chickie
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Catherine
Niles IL
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  3:24:54 PM  Show Profile
Ann, are you referring to the labels under our name to the left of our posts? I think they are just different labels depending on how many posts you have made.....the label seems to change with each rise in digit. So anyone who has made 10-99 posts is labeled a "Farmgirl In Training." Three digits is a "True Blue Farmgirl," etc. Also, if you were a paid member of the sisterhood but let your membership lapse, you lose your hexagon until you sign up again....could that be the case? I am fairly new and figuring this stuff out as I go! Have my hexagon but am waiting for my badge and number.
Catherine
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  4:36:01 PM  Show Profile
ayates your on the list!!! Thanks for joining our group!!! I will put you in the second group. I will e-mail you my address. Happy sewing and again so glad that you joined us:) Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Ann Bernadette
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Ann
Hiawattha KS
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  5:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Well, I have paid my membership dues, maybe I just fell in the cracks??? Who knows.
Go to Top of Page

MaryLD
True Blue Farmgirl

861 Posts

Mary
New Braunfels TX
USA
861 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  8:29:16 PM  Show Profile
So- My squares are sewn, for mini group one.
I just need to get together with my MIL, to finish up by getting her to machine embroider my name on them, LOL. If I try to write or hand embroider it myself, it won't be pretty. Found that out on the signature block exchange, LOL!
Mary LD

Haflingers- You can't have just one!
( I'm just one short of a drill team!)
Go to Top of Page

craftystranger
True Blue Farmgirl

525 Posts

Barbara
Franklin NC
USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  06:19:46 AM  Show Profile
Does everyone have my snail mail address? I will post when I receive your blocks. I have already started thinking about my final quilt. Not sure if I want to add green for a Christmas quilt or blue for a summer quilt. Oh yellow might be nice. Will have to wait to see all the blocks to decide. Happy sewing girls, Barbara

Don't forget to laugh!
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2010 :  07:17:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi I need your address. Iwant to be able to mail my blocks next week.

Thank you

Denise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Quilt Block Swap - Closed- Blocks returned Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page