dandelionhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

205 Posts

Debbie
Plymouth Mass
USA
205 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  05:20:36 AM  Show Profile
I watched a few of the Video's too..LOVE THEM...!!! Mary Janes story is beautiful and Rene', you got me inspired to set up a booth at our local farmers market to start a chapter! You made it look so easy and fun!
Thanks for the inspiration!

farmgirl sister #1199

Deb~
www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.com

" home is where we all craft the life of our dreams."
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  2:22:16 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all your hard work Kevin! I know we all appreciate all that you do for us gals!

Melissa ~ Farmgirl #724
Mother Hen to The Knitty Gritty Farmgirls of the Inland Empire
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  2:50:24 PM  Show Profile
Kevin your the best! Thanks for setting up all the fun things for us!

Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

wildatheartfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

P.J.
Garden Farms CA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  08:41:06 AM  Show Profile
Not sure why but it's breakin my heart...when I try an view the videos at maryjanesfarm.tv the site comes up but when I click on the video selection the screen remains blank....yes I am only trying to view the underlined categories. Even Jamie's paper making video won't come up. However, when I doubleclick on your direct link to Jamie's video through this forum it comes up perfectly...any idea why?
P.J.

wildatheartfarmgirl.blogspot.com
wildcreekcabin@aol.com
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Video/Merit Badge Farm Boy

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  09:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi P.J.

Have you tried refreshing the page when you go to it? Also some of the merit badge videos are pretty large and take longer to load. Is anyone else having a similar problem?

-Kevin

Edited by - Kevin on May 24 2010 09:26:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hallie
Video Sister

79 Posts

Hallie
Pullman WA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  10:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Kevin does need lots of cookies! He is busy editing and shooting and keeping us all in line with our merit badges.

This week we are shooting a beginning aprons video using one of MaryJane's vintage treadle sewing machines. I'm finally getting a handle on adjusting the tension (it's a little different from my modern machine at home) and boy does that baby sew pretty stitches.

We've also shot a couple of videos with the Kammerzell's, a couple of wonderful farmers raising grass and heritage cattle here on the Palouse, that I'm really looking forward to seeing! Check out www.maplekhighlands.com for cute cow pics.

Hallie
Sister #1112
www.maryjanesfarm.tv

Edited by - Hallie on Jun 30 2010 1:29:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2010 :  11:05:03 AM  Show Profile
Here's a teaser photo from our upcoming video about the Highland cattle.

Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  2:58:20 PM  Show Profile
*New Videos*

Head on over the DIY section of http://www.maryjanesfarm.tv/DIYMagazine.asp to see a whole new video series showing how to make your own Adventure quilt or pillow as featured in the June - July issue of MaryJanesFarm.

Enjoy!

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein

Edited by - Kevin on Jul 12 2010 10:26:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  3:31:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh Kevin, I just saw the picture of that ADORABLE Highland baby!! My daughter and I did alot of "ooooohhhhhhh"!! We'll watch some videos this evening!! Thanks for all you do, Kevin!! Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

soleil
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Linda
Butternut WI
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2010 :  8:15:20 PM  Show Profile
Geese, Kevin.....if you're going to put all that great stuff out there for us to watch and learn, you're going to have to come up with a way to find more hours in our farmgirl days!!!! : )

Can't wait for the apron video.

Sunshine for your day*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ * and blessings for your heart,
soleil

Even as we dream, we begin to succeed...even as we succeed, we begin to dream again.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2010 :  10:04:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Lin and Linda. Hopefully these videos will provide some tips that'll make things easier, thereby giving you more time in your Farmgirl days. ;)
Also if there is anything from back issues of the magazine that you'd like to see a video of, let me know.

kevinquinn@maryjanesfarm.org

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

soleil
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Linda
Butternut WI
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  05:54:19 AM  Show Profile
How about the "Twine" projects? I'm not sure just what issue but I loved it. I think it would be fun and one not to difficult to do.

Thanks, Kevin, for working with these video so I'll have more time!?!?!?! : ) They are really fun to watch. Do you know anything about the DVD's that are "Coming Soon"? I keep for those.

Sunshine for your day*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ * and blessings for your heart,
soleil

Even as we dream, we begin to succeed...even as we succeed, we begin to dream again.
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2010 :  1:28:44 PM  Show Profile
That's a great idea we could probably tie (no pun intended) that in with the new Knotty Farmgirls merit badge. As for the DVD we want to get some more videos done before we take that route, but when it happens we'll be sure to get the word out. Thanks.

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

girlfriday
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jessica
Dallas TX
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  4:36:57 PM  Show Profile
These are awesome!!! I'm lovin it around here more every day!

Proud Farmgirl Sister #1727!
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  12:49:10 PM  Show Profile
Cool, thanks Jessica.

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  12:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Another new video! Woot! This one is a tie-in with our Aug - Sept issue and shows you how to make the hammock we featured in the Art of Hammocking article. This has been our most relaxing video to date.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.tv/DrawDIYVideos.asp?Action=GetDIYVideo&MagazineVideoID=54&MagazineIssueID=8

-Robert A. Heinlein

Edited by - Kevin on Jul 20 2010 1:34:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hallie
Video Sister

79 Posts

Hallie
Pullman WA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2010 :  2:08:36 PM  Show Profile
Kicking back in that stylish, comfy hammock is the best reward for pretending to know how to throw a rope!

Hallie
Sister #1112
www.maryjanesfarm.tv
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  5:00:10 PM  Show Profile
Be sure to check out our new videos over at www.maryjanesfarm.tv

There's a new What's Your Beef? merit badge video for Sisterhood members, and a new Farm Romance video featuring Tom & Cheryl Kammerzell of Maple K Farms and their Highland cattle.

-Kevin

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2010 :  2:35:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sisterhood members,

There's a new video in the "how to," section of www.maryjanesfarm.tv showing you how to make a delicious garlic scape pesto for the beginner Bustin' Out badge. Enjoy!

-Kevin

Edited by - Kevin on Aug 10 2010 09:15:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2010 :  4:44:45 PM  Show Profile
And another new video today! Once again in the "how to" section look for a brand new video showing you how to earn your beginner Plant It Forward badge.

-Kevin
Go to Top of Page

soleil
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Linda
Butternut WI
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  7:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Geeze, Kevin! How are we s'pose to keep up with all the great new stuff to watch and learn. Don't you sleep?!?!??! Gotta go try to make the pesto.....

Thanks Farmguy(?) for all your work.

Blessed be,*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ * soleil

Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  09:34:53 AM  Show Profile
What is this "sleep" you speak of?

-Robert A. Heinlein
Go to Top of Page

soleil
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Linda
Butternut WI
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  09:43:56 AM  Show Profile
I've only heard talk of it from some distant land! : )

Blessed be,*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ * soleil

Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  3:20:29 PM  Show Profile
*SPOILER ALERT*

The Oct - Nov issue of MJF is going to have an article about making your own rag basket out of spare material, but you can learn how to make it right now! Head over to www.maryjanesfarm.tv for a brand new video in the DIY section. We pulled out all the stops for this one, our designer/photographer extraordinaire Denali makes her MJF.tv debut to give Hallie a hand.

Here's a direct link to the video:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.tv/DrawDIYVideos.asp?Action=GetDIYVideo&MagazineVideoID=55&MagazineIssueID=9

Also for those of you on Facebook and Twitter be sure to "like" MaryJanesFarm on Facebook or "follow" MaryJane on Twitter for all of the latest news and stories from the farm.
http://www.facebook.com/MaryJanesFarm
http://twitter.com/MaryJaneButters

-Kevin

-Robert A. Heinlein

Edited by - Kevin on Aug 25 2010 09:43:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kevin

152 Posts

Kevin
Pullman WA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  3:49:22 PM  Show Profile
There's another new video up today for Sisterhood members. Hallie will give some tips for earning the Make It Easy, beginner In the Garden badge. Enjoy!

http://tiny.cc/p4qfv

-Video Farm Boy Kevin

-Robert A. Heinlein

Edited by - Kevin on Sep 09 2010 4:48:59 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic www.maryjanesfarm.tv Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page