Page: of 3

corrabelle
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Corrabelle
Hamilton, Morrowville ontario, Kansas
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  2:12:54 PM  Show Profile
I shot chicken noodles out of the top of my pressure cooker. I forgot to put the weight on it. Whoopsie!!

A Kansas gal living in Ontario. Sigh.
Go to Top of Page

Leilaht
True Blue Farmgirl

155 Posts

Elizabeth
Highland MI
USA
155 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2010 :  2:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh, let's see... I am a good cook, but I have a couple. The first time I cooked a turkey by myself I put it upside down in the pan. I kept waiting for the little timer to pop. Now, I put it breast down on purpose.

Once I made something as an experiment (don't remember what it was) that I served to my husband and kids. They tasted it and spit it right back out. When I came out of the kitchen I asked why they weren't eating. My hubby said he loved me, but that is awful. I tasted it and had to agree. We had take out that night.

My daughter tried to pop popcorn in my theater style popper, (the pan with the little turning thing inside)and forgot to put in oil. That made a smoky mess!

Liz

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.

Proverbs 31:25
Go to Top of Page

momdrinkstea
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Elizabeth
Ozark AL
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  7:39:47 PM  Show Profile
Got another one for you...
I had taken 2 dozen eggs out of the fridge, and set them on the counter, to
color for Easter eggs. I told my daughter (she was 3, almost 4) that we were
going to paint the eggs. The phone rang....it was my sister. We started chatting,
and after awhile, I noticed that my daughter was awfully quiet. She's my third
child, and I've learned never to trust them when they're TOO quiet. I called her...
no answer. Heard her giggling in the bathroom. I opened the door and there she
was...she'd smashed all 24 eggs on the tile floor and was "painting" with them.
She grinned up at me and I couldn't even scold her! I did tell her we'd "paint".
Have you ever tried cleaning dried egg off TILE? What a nightmare....LOL

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." -Albert Einstein

Edited by - momdrinkstea on Aug 23 2010 7:40:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  9:50:23 PM  Show Profile
These are hilarious - isn't it great to be able to laugh (after the fact) at ourselves. When I was first married, my brothers were helping with some yardwork so I invited them to stay for dinner. I made fried pork chops. To this day (50 years later) they remind me of that dinner whenever pork chops are served. I cooked them slow (my mother told me you had to do that to kill microscopic worms in pork). I cooked them so slow and so long that there was no meat left in them. I had crust from top to bottom. Another time, last year as a matter of fact, I attempted to can creamed corn. The recipe did not mention adding any water to it and it increased in size so much it exploded inside the pressure cooker and the corn waiting to go into the pressure cooker also began to outgrow their jars. It looked like something from a horror movie and we have laughed about that every time I open a tin can of corn. I will try again someday - when no one is around to see what happens. One can only take so much laughing.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  11:57:27 PM  Show Profile
My poor DD has done it agian! I posted 2 pages back about her mac-n-cheese and instant potatoes. This time it was popcorn! I have an air popper and my oldest, now 16, decided to make popcorn for her boyfriend so they could watch movies. I was out at the garden and they were watchin the 2 younger girls. All of a sudden my middle daughter comes runnin out to the garden yellin that they need help in the kitchen. I run in to find popcorn everywhere! It's on the counter, in the sink, on the floor, everywhere! She had poured half a bag of loose popcorn in the popper cause she wanted a lot of popcorn. You're only supposed to use 1/4 cup but she used about 1 1/2 cups!

Her boyfriend is laughin so hard he's cryin, she's bawlin cause it won't stop spittin popcorn, and my 10y/o is runnin around with bowls tryin to scoop it all up! I just stand there stunned at the mess wonderin why I ever leave her alone near my kitchen!

Where is my little 21m/o baby girl? Sittin in the floor happily stuffin popcorn in her mouth! She's grinnin like a fool and about as happy as a kid can get!

Our chickens ate popcorn for 2 days to get rid of all of it! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

corrabelle
True Blue Farmgirl

71 Posts

Corrabelle
Hamilton, Morrowville ontario, Kansas
71 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  07:49:22 AM  Show Profile
Natesgirl, that's a riot!!

Corrabelle
http://themayberrysparrow.com
A Kansas gal living in Ontario. Sigh.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Your funniest kitchen oops!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page