Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Hows' the Swap Going!! A Different Kind of Swap!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Hows' the Swap Going!! A Different Kind of Swap!!! Next Topic
Page: of 17

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2010 :  7:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Staci, I received your wonderful surprise package today! How neat - earrings to match the necklace you made me. The soap is so pretty and smells good too. I would like to learn how to make soap - maybe sometime soon!
LOVE your camper - you will do so much fun stuff with it - can't wait to see it when you have "glamed" it up! I really like what you are planning on doing to her. I'll be keeping my eyes out for little goodies for you!
Love, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

jsparks60
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

June
Greene NY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2010 :  3:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Candida,
I have a package for you and will be mailing it on Monday! :)
June

Farmgirl #1401

'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be' - from 'Simple Gifts'
Go to Top of Page

Nettie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Nettie
Bedford PA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  08:25:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Joyce,
Well I missed your fourth of July. I will have to make up for it with something else. I lost your note you sent me on the colors you have in your house. Could you give them to me again?

Nettie
Go to Top of Page

DuckGirlMass
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Candida
Leicester MA
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  8:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Send DuckGirlMass an AOL message  Send DuckGirlMass a Yahoo! Message
woohoo !!!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.....

Farmgirl Sister # 1507

www.etsy.com/shop/SomethingWiccan
http://stores.ebay.com/Something-Wiccan-Buffalo-Carvings
www.somethingwiccanwares.com
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  09:34:11 AM  Show Profile
What a blessing! I got to meet my friendship swap partner!! Here is a photo of Ruth (violetrose) and me.
She was on her way from GA to MA to visit with family and came through my neck of the woods. We managed to meet along the highway (not the best background for pics but we didn't care!)I'm wearing the lovely apron she made for my birthday next week. She had a whole bag of goodies for me and some fresh, honest to goodness, Georgia peaches and tomatoes - YUM! I also got to meet her DH, David. Felt like we could have talked for hours... lots of hugs and stories of our MJF friends shared during our oh, too brief visit. (BTW - Ruth is an awesome and elegant lady - delighted to meet her, Dave and their sweet pooch.)
I'm praying that they made the rest of the journey safely and that they and all their family make it there and home again safely...

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  09:35:26 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Judy, for starting all of this!!!
staci

Edited by - staci860 on Jul 20 2010 09:35:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  4:10:28 PM  Show Profile
Staci, that is so cool! How awesome for you two to meet.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  6:14:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Staci, thank you so much for sharing....your story and picture warmed my heart!!! You two are just beautiful and I love your apron so much that Ruth made you! I'm just so thrilled you all were able to meet and visit and I send prayers for their safety during their trip! Wow, Ruth sounds so special, as you are too, Staci!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  10:24:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gail-What a thoughtful package you sent:) How kind of you to think of Lexi and Chloe, they LOVED the toys. I was thrilled with all that you sent, like a child at Christmas. The jar you made is darling and absolutely love the red work pattern book, thank you so much. Can't wait to try the lemon pound cake! Bless you for being such a wonderful and thoughtful friend. I have sent your package and hope it has arrived and brightened your day:)
Hugs,

Sharon
Farmgirl Sister #1393
*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  07:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Got a nice little package from Mburns the other day! Thanks Marlene, you are awesome.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

Happy to be a "Raggedy Ann" in a Barbie World!
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

960 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
960 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  03:47:07 AM  Show Profile
Staci, It was wonderful getting to meet you - you are such a pretty, sweet lady! You look so cute in your apron! Thanks for posting the photo of us. Thanks also for taking the time to come meet up with Dave and I. It was the highlight of our trip ! You were so thoughtful to bring us each a magazine and some candy - we are enjoying it all!
Having a good visit with family now. The family reunion is tomorrow, can hardly wait - it will be the first one ever on my dad's side of the family. He passed away 5 years ago at age 93. We miss him greatly, but he left such a legacy.
love and blessings, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  10:23:18 AM  Show Profile
Kelly (Wall) sent me the NEATEST box.......Christmas in July, right down to the Christmas wrapping paper and a cute, cute tree that I'm sure you made, Kelly! Also got 3 vintage Christmas balls (they made it here in one piece---yehhhh!), an adorable towel with stitchery and buttons that I love and have already hung in the kitchen! I love the old tea tin you shared with me from your collection, a Santa bag kit which my daughter is going to do, and other fun things! It was so much fun to open that Kelly....hope you have a great camping trip. I'll be writing soon! Hugs and smiles, Lin

Edited by - Lin on Aug 03 2010 1:15:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  3:51:15 PM  Show Profile
You are so very welcome Lin!! We had a great time camping, we had hoped for cooler weather, but it was unseasonably hot in the mountains of NC! Not even a sprinkle of rain. (which I was glad). We are home safe and everything is all cleaned up. Glad to be able to jump in the pool, and now relax!

Kelly #238

May your bobbin always be full...
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  3:53:06 PM  Show Profile
Staci and Ruth, I am so happy for your meeting! That is the best feeling when you can actually meet and hug your farmgirl friend! I enjoy every minute of my conversations with my swap sister, and would love to meet her someday!

Kelly #238

Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  5:58:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sharon,
Sorry it has taken me this long to get this posted. BUT.....It is scary sometimes -------in a good way:)-------to see how much we are alike!!!! I just love the Aunt Martha embroidery pattern.
I love her old timey patterns and am going to do these on a pair of pillowcases. I want to do the birds on the dish towel that you sent. I LOVE the beautiful doily. Doilies are one of my favorite things to collect and this one is unbelievable. My very favorites are the handmade pin cushion and needle keeper. I have never had a needle keeper and you even personalized it with my name!! I am so blessed to have you as my Farmgirl Sister. You are just precious to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
I am thrilled that you enjoyed all of your goodies, Chloe and Lexi too!!
Many blessings my friend,
Sister Gail #61

Go to Top of Page

sw80689
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Sharon
Papillion Nebraska
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  11:34:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gail-You are so welcome! Glad you got the package and liked what I sent, that makes my day:) I have the pattern I sent you and it is turning out beautiful, I am making a table runner from the edging and flower patterns. So glad you can use it. I want to make pillow cases next, too. Creative minds think alike:) Lexi and Chloe are still having a ball with their toys and send their thanks! Hope you are enjoying your summer! You are a precious friend to me, too!
Blessings to you,

Sharon
Farmgirl Sister #1393
*We are all angels with one wing, the only way to fly, therefore is to embrace one another*
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  06:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Lin, I recieved your lovely letter. I loved reading it, in fact I read it twice in case I missed something. And thank you for the hand crafted apple, It is so cute, and well made.
I will be sending a note soon!

Kelly #238

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  1:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Glad you got it, Kelly!! Love having you as my swap sister and it's so much fun sharing with you! I just loved my box you sent me with such neat things that will always remind me of you!! I've started putting together some little surprises for you and will send in a few weeks. Washed my towel you made for me last weekend and it looked so darn cute waving in the breeze on the clothes line!!! :) Will look forward to your note!! Hugs and blessings, Lin

Go to Top of Page

jsparks60
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

June
Greene NY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2010 :  4:25:49 PM  Show Profile
Sorry for being behind, Candida. I still have to get my summer package out in the mail to you. I had to go into the hospital for a bit to get a quart or two of fluids and antibiotics. But I promise I will get that package out to you this week!!!!
Thanks!

Farmgirl #1401

Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  1:54:05 PM  Show Profile
Lin, I am glad the towel held up through a washing! HEHE! I am sure it frayed which it is supposed to. I am jealous of your clothes line! I want one sooo bad! Just don't know where to put it so its not in the way. Today was the kids 1st day of school. they all did great and all are very happy with their teachers, a blessing for me!
Talk to you soon,

Kelly #238

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2010 :  8:06:10 PM  Show Profile
You're so funny Kelly! The towel made it through 2 washings now and looks just fine!! I just love it!! My clothesline is a "makeshift".......I have a small piece of yard between my old garage and back of the house. Hooks on the garage that have been there for ever, so strung clothesline between the two. Works just great! SSSOOO happy your kids are starting off the school year happy!! Yeh!! Talk soon!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

Go to Top of Page

DuckGirlMass
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Candida
Leicester MA
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  09:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Send DuckGirlMass an AOL message  Send DuckGirlMass a Yahoo! Message
June, I received your package and I love everything!! Thank you so much! Hope your feeling better, I sent you a little something a few days ago. Enjoy!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.....

Farmgirl Sister # 1507

Go to Top of Page

Nettie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Nettie
Bedford PA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  6:26:38 PM  Show Profile
I received a lovely book from joyfulmelody for my anniversary. Thank you joyce. A personal note is on its way to you.

Nettie
Go to Top of Page

jsparks60
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

June
Greene NY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2010 :  5:16:42 PM  Show Profile
Candida,
How did you find my favorite new magazine?!! My husband found it while I was in the hospital and I just subscribed. Then you send me two back issues! It's wonderful!!! And the wampum means so much to me - thanks so much! I'll be sending you an email - I have some questions for you about harvest time.
Thanks,
June

Farmgirl #1401

Go to Top of Page

DuckGirlMass
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Candida
Leicester MA
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2010 :  08:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Send DuckGirlMass an AOL message  Send DuckGirlMass a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad you liked them! We must be on the same wavelength! LOL ! Talk to you soon.

Farmgirl Sister # 1507

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Hows' the Swap Going!! A Different Kind of Swap!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page