Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Aria's LAST MAJOR Chemo is TODAY!! **UPDATE!!*
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Aria's LAST MAJOR Chemo is TODAY!! **UPDATE!!* Next Topic
Page: of 2

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  08:38:01 AM  Show Profile
We head out in 90 minutes for Aria's LAST vincristine chemo and spinal tap where she gets another chemo called methotrexate injected into her spinal fluid! The LAST ONE!! The spinal tap is scheduled for 12 30 (pacific time) and her vincristine is around 2 00!!!

Just this past Friday, she had her last round of "yellow pills" which is an oral chemotherapy methotrexate that she takes every Friday. DONE!

She will have 5 days of steroid chemotherapy and another daily chemo called 6MP that's she's taken daily for 2 years and probably a few stabilizers for tummy upset and such and by Saturday morning before cartoons, Aria will be COMPLETELY DONE with her chemotherapy for leukemia!

Yeah, the emotions are at an all time high! Tears easily come and flow that's for sure. I am both elated and frightened, relieved and still holding my breath. I'm in awe..truly..in awe of her!!

On that note, may I invite each and every one of you in CELEBRATION. The end of this chapter of the journey approaches. I would never have made it without you!

Here's to Aria! Here's to YOU!!

Aria (heart tattoos on her neck and all!!)

All my love! ~julia hayes

**UPDATE**

Aria pulled through just GREAT!! Everything was terrific, labs, spinal tap, chemo...it was all we could have hoped for. It was a great way to close this monumental chapter of the journey.

So what are we doing to celebrate? Aria is taking it easy watching the movie, "UP" with Reo while Rianna is completely sound asleep on the sofa.

Me? What do you think a farmgirl would be doing? You got it, I'm cleaning. I am wiping everything down...ceiling to floor. It isn't a panicked kind of cleaning. It is slow going and thoughtful but it comes from an incredibly stressed place. Yeah, I think many of us farmgirls cope this way. Stressed? grab some vinegar and start scrubbin'. In my case there are 3 major things happening; remodel with dust everywhere and I finally can't take it another minute. Second- company...my 3 dearest Goddess girlfriends are coming in and they're going to help me celebrate Aria in real style. Last, I don't know what else to do with myself.

Let me see if I can explain it. You see, this isn't really the end of our journey. We all know this and if you don't, it isn't. It is the end of a part of the journey while simultaneously being the beginning of something else. In Aria's case the end of her treatment is an enormous milestone but it comes with real terror and remaining threats. The beast of cancer isn't chasing us anymore but it remains close behind. Will it strike again? I don't know.

Today in clinic, people cautiously celebrated us. They were happy for us but guarded. I understand this. Aria is doing well. Aria has always been doing well. Aria sat beside a boy who we've know this entire time. He had a bone marrow transplant almost a year ago. The last time we saw him was at a Christmas party and he was doing well--really well. I had never seen his mom look so happy and relieved. Today, they are facing his very recent relapse back into cancer. The beast struck him again and his prognosis is grave. He's 9 years old. This level and degree of joy and sorrow that co-exist for us is heavy and I don't always know what to do or how best to carry it. I'm still rather new at it and so I clean. I scour. I scrub. I cry. I laugh. I pick and putter...I cope. I live....This is my journey......Thank you again for being a part of it! ~julia hayes

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com

Edited by - julia hayes on Mar 15 2010 4:25:29 PM

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  08:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Hip Hip HOORAY!! !For Aria!!!! !YAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO little lady!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/justanotherhousewife
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile
A big sisterhood WOOOHOOO to you and Aria...I'm almost in tears I'm so happy. Special BIG hugs!!!!!
Love and light to all of you

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  09:12:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is so amazing Julia!! I remember clearly when this journey started for you and I wept knowing how terrified I would be if Nora ever had the same illness. I am so glad that the journey is almost over!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  09:21:25 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad that this long journey to wellness is finally coming to a close for you. How scary it must have been for all of you. I am so HAPPY and ELATED that you finally made it through.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  09:26:34 AM  Show Profile
Praise be to God!! Yeapeeeeeeeeeeee! What wonderful news. Prayer's are coming that this day will go smoothly! Give her a big HUG for all her hard work. So happy for all of you.

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  10:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Thank God this is the last one. God Bless you and Aria! My prayers are being sent your way.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  10:14:38 AM  Show Profile
I am beyond happy for you all, what a wonderful, blessed day.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  10:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Great for Aria this is the last one and we hope and pray she never will have any of this to do again. Prayers. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  10:49:56 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Aria is a little beauty. I am sure you are just a jumble of all kinds of things right now. I can't even imagine. I will be sending up prayers and good thoughts for her.

Hugs for you both, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  11:40:30 AM  Show Profile
Hallelujah!

Yippee!!

What a journey Julia...Isn't it amazing the strength that one can draw from deep down? And to have sustained this for 2-years...And, Aria---I know she is bound for great things your little one. Wish I were there so I could give her a BIG hug!

I never had any doubt that you and your wonderful family would be able to "bear" up. You have done so with grace, humility and your keen sense of humor!!

My thoughts are with you and Doc and the kids.

Take care dear friend.

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  11:43:19 AM  Show Profile
So AWESOME!!!!!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  11:47:02 AM  Show Profile
That is great! I'm thinking of you both today.

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  12:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is so wonderful Julia!! I am so happy for her! What a sweet picture!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

just4karyn
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

karyn
n.highlands ca
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  12:56:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow!!!Aria I am sooooo proud of you and your mom you are an amazing young lady stay tuff nothing can get you down..only if you let and you proved that. Love and Hugs

YIPPEE....
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  1:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Amazingly wonderful good news! Prayers being sent that everything goes well and continues too.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  3:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Julia, that's great! I haven't been able to follow Aria's story for the entirity because I joined only last month, but the way she has united the farmgirls is amazing. Tell her thanks for me for being so inspirational.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  5:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Julia - your accounting of this struggle and journey has been so poignant and so generous to include all of us farmgirls. I am still praying it through with you and Aria. But just look at how many prayers have been answered! And she is still so beautiful....love to you both and all of your family. God is good, and may He continue to bless Aria with strength and health.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  5:31:36 PM  Show Profile
Julia - don't forget to include some chocolate inbetween your cleaning frenzy....a good brownie or chocolate hit is manna to the womans spirit....May your heart be light and all sense of foreboding banished. Today, all is well.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  5:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Julia, what relief this part of Aria's and your family's journey is done. Honey, no one can ever be sure about life. The only way for any of us to get through it is just to live in the present to be happy we have today. You cannot live in the past or the future, only the now. Now is wonderful, Aria is healthy and well.Just be the beautiful family full of the love and fun that you are. I am sure it willl take time just to get used to what "normal" life is now. Your lives have been rollercoaster rides that's for sure. One thing I know for sure is that this long journey has left you with one precious gift, life will all be so beautiful, so celebrated, never taken for granted. Because you truly know how precious and wonderous and fragile it can be. My heart is so full of happiness and hope for all of you. I hope you know what a gift you have given us by sharing this experience so honestly and from your heart. Thank You.

Love and Hugs, Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  6:12:39 PM  Show Profile
Wow Julia, what a milestone!! You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, you and Aria and your whole family. Stay strong and serene.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  8:46:48 PM  Show Profile
whopeee wahooo and happy dance toooo!
hey neighbor, sending you hugs across the fields...

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  8:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am sooo happy everything went well Judy!! Give Aria a big hug for me! Thank you so much for keeping us updated. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

beadbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

148 Posts

Therese
Valencia California
USA
148 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  10:17:54 PM  Show Profile
I am fairly new here, so your story in unknown to me, but I get it. I agree with what Mary Jane said, and can only add that stories and outcomes like this inspire all of us to be better people, and remind us of the precious gift of life, family and friends. I am so very happy for your good news.

Therese

If you ask me what I came into this world to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud. ~Emile Zola
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  11:18:52 PM  Show Profile
To hear of Aria's victory warms my heart. I can't imagine how elated you must feel. So....a big YAHOOOOOO!!!! Life is strong, life is resilient, life is GOOD.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  11:39:37 PM  Show Profile
So happy for you Aria, you are a little hero! Hugs and kisses on that dear little face!
So happy for you too Julia. My biggest wish for you is that your next journey will be one of peace, happiness and continued good health for your family.
xoxo
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Aria's LAST MAJOR Chemo is TODAY!! **UPDATE!!* Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page