Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 What to bring to the hospital for a birth...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic What to bring to the hospital for a birth... Next Topic  

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  10:07:46 AM  Show Profile
So, I've been appointed as the winggirl for my friends baby's birth. She's going to be induced tomorrow, and her sister popped yesterday, and obviously won't be able to make it.

What should I bring? I think magazines, camera of COURSE, and maybe some snacks-I've never done this before! Help!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  10:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
During labor she won't be able to eat much if anything (eating can make you vomit) so maybe some juice or jello cups though most hopitals provide that via a "nourishment" room in the birthing area that anyone can go and get things from.

If she is uncomfortable in the hospital gowns (I was) bring her a men's tee shirt oversized or something like that which she can wear. They usually cooperate as long as you say it is okay to be cut off in emergencies. Lets see- Vitamin E oil for the sore areas after the birth- It made me heal about 2x as fast the doctor said. And also some clean cushy socks!! Your feet get COLD! She might also like her own pillow.

Also it is nice to make sure the baby has a nice going home/picture taking outfit. Along with a blanket for baby. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  06:43:38 AM  Show Profile
Megan,
Lucky you.
I used to attend a lot of births years ago and I so miss doing it. It is such a spiritual and emotional experience.
Try to savor every minute .
I was fortunate enough to attend and assist at my daughter's delivery of my granddaughter!!!! That was the best by far
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  09:38:56 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait! She's got scrubby socks, and I'm bringing some extra shirs. I think I'm going to stop by evil wal-mart and buy some of those swaddling outfits that take the place of the swaddling blankets. Yesterday when I was in the hospital visiting her sister who just popped, they both mentioned they didn't have any of those.

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2010 :  12:39:12 PM  Show Profile
I found lip balm to be helpful since I wasn't drinking or eatting much, my lips got dry. I was glad the hospital had a tooth brush too. I agree that my own pillow was something I couldn't have gone without.

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  07:22:31 AM  Show Profile
So is there a new baby here?!

The one thing I wish I had was a really nice robe. I am planning on it for my next. I saw one for a great deal at macys the other day http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=427866&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results its short and I perfer long. I figure I could wear it after the first 24 hours. I am also going to look for one in purple or red, or white (to bleach) because of what I call "The big bleed", its about 1000x your period as your uterus drains. Plus some grannie panties, something that is huge and old, I didn't want anything squeezing my tummy after my c-section.

I hate to advertise but have you ever heard of gdiapers.com they are really awesome and they have cloth and eco friendly liners. I'm investing in the 350 bucks it will take for ALL of my new baby's diapers for their entire diaper life!

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  11:10:58 AM  Show Profile
I always think the dad's need a long sleeve shirt, and mom's really like it if they bring their own pillows, but put old pillow cases on them just in case, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  05:51:13 AM  Show Profile
I would pack my pillows in those zipper pouches too. They help protect them from allergians, they are in expensive too. Because hospitals are the worst place to be for germs

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic What to bring to the hospital for a birth... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page