Page: of 22

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  8:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
That is sad Siobhan. I agree with Brenda, at least you will have some fun. My sister absolutely loves Chicago! I have never been and she swears I have to go see it one of these days.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  05:43:27 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe I forgot to get on here and update the thread yesterday. I'm slacking LOL!

My to do list for today is:

1. Go to church
2. Come home and make Sunday Linner
3. Laundry
4. Work on finishing romper (still not done with that thing. For some reason I have a hard time picking it up)
5. Play with my new sewing machines and see if I can actually get one to sew.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  06:04:48 AM  Show Profile
Once I get the body working again I will be taking mom to the store AGAIN!!! As you know that will be an all day deal. By the time I get back the old back and legs will be done.
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  06:45:12 AM  Show Profile
LOL...have fun today Brenda :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  07:49:19 AM  Show Profile
Today, I get to work on the garden before I go off to work!
It is finally clear out [don't know about warm - but at least it's not storming...]
Smiles!
Carla

"You shot it Tarzan-
You eat it."
Dave Ramsey
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  08:02:32 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been feeling well the past few days, but today I will do something!
1. Go to church Done
2. Sweep the floors Examined the floors, doesn't need to be done
3. Finish homework Done
4. Put clothes away
5. Maybe start weeding
Will think of more after church!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

Edited by - knittinchick on Mar 28 2010 5:33:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  08:02:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda - that always makes me laugh, good luck today!!
I can't keep up with what y'all do every day,
Siobhan, I'm sorry to hear about your experience at your church conference, of all the places where you would expect inclusion, that would be it.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  08:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
So far today I have: got my shower. Now I'm starting to understand why my dad says his shower in the morning isn't necessarily to get clean but to get his body to wake up. Something about hot water and stiff joints and just helps wake me up all around. Anyhoo.. then I have stripped my bed and remade it, folded a load of whites, popped a load of darks in the dryer and a load of jeans in the washer, washed up the dishes, took care of the critters, put the ribs in the slow cooker. Now I'm on break. LOL

So for the rest of the day:

1. I really, really, really need to clean my room. It has gotten way out of control. It doesn't help that this is also my craft room. It wouldn't be such a mess if it was just my bedroom. LOL
working on it
2. Convince myself that m&m's are not a breakfast food. I didn't win. The m&m's are all gone. LOL
3. Call my friend to see how her date turned out called
4. Call my mom to see if she is still going to stay with my aunt and uncle. My uncle's fight with cancer is nearly over. Please say a prayer for a our family. I'll post over in the prayer threads too. called and posted to the prayer thread
5. And work on some projects started- I have another dishcloth crocheted. [/blue]

Working on putting together some RAOK packages. I have a few boxed up and ready to go out this week. I have a few more little piles to get packaged up for later deliveries. Laundry is finally finished. I really need to wash the dishes again and the trash needs to go out. [/blue]

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 28 2010 5:44:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  5:35:50 PM  Show Profile
Today I became sort of sidetracked from my list. Oh well, I got things done. Today, I took out the garbage, did and am still doing some laundry, biked to the library to return a book, and did some dishes. Full day! Melanie, I pray for your family!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  5:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Megan

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  06:56:22 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for you and your family Melanie.
OK...I actually didn't complete one single thing on my list yesterday. Well, except for go to church. I did do that. But, I didn't get anything done around here. We got home from church late because we went to Panera Bread for lunch for Trent's birthday and by the time we got home it was already late in the day and we had to be back out of the house at 4 PM to go have dinner with our senior pastor and his wife. We always enjoy our time with them. They are amazing and we are so grateful to be a part of the family at our church. And I'm so grateful that my husband has a boss who is also one of his best friends. And not to mention, his wife is like a big sister to me. She's great. So, that dinner was fun :) All worth missing out on chores for LOL!

So, now to play catch up today:

1. Laundry
2. Clean up kitchen
3. Sweep and mop floors.
4. Clean bathrooms.

That's a lot of work for today. I think I'll stop there for now and see how much I get done.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  11:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Siobhan. My uncle passed on last night. It is hard losing Uncle Bobby and will be for awhile, but we know he is not suffering any longer and there is some comfort in that.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  12:00:06 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, Prayers are with you and your family, we are so sorry for your loss.

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  12:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My to-do list for today:

I was supposed to work, but Hallie had a barky cough and crusty red eye. So we made a trip to see the doc and it was what I had expected- pink eye. At least we caught it early and she can return to school tomorrow as long as she doesn't have a fever crop up. As far as the rest of the day has gone: we have done a load of laundry; cleaned the bathroom mirror, sink and vanity top; went to the doc; out for lunch; the pharmacy; grocery shopping; the goodwill.

We're going to go get cousins and siblings from school in a bit.DONE Then I'm going to make dinner.DONE Hallie and I decided that it should be family movie night. We agreed on Madagascar. Then after I will work on some more RAOK packages and clearing my room out some more. Hope to have my little pile ready for my weekly drop at the PO tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 29 2010 3:02:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  1:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad they caught it in time Melanie! I will be praying for her!

Here is my To Do List for today!

1. Clean out goat shed. Done!!!
2. Milk Sadie. Done!!
3. Trimmed all my goats hooves. Done!!!
4. Scrubed and cleaned all my goats water buckets and feed pans. Done!!
5. Take a shower. Done!!
6. Do laundry. Done!!

Things I still need to do.
1. Work On some RAOK things
2. Reply to 12 letters. Half way their!
3. Clean room
4. Finish school
5. Crochet some dish rags.

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  3:50:29 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, I had pink eye a few weeks ago, and that turned into strep throat. Not fun! I send my prayers.
For this evening,
1. Put clothes away Done!
2. Read Done!
3. Knit dishcloth Done!
4. Do dishes Done!
5. Clean up after dog outside Done!
And probably a few more things!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Edited by - knittinchick on Mar 29 2010 6:22:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  4:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Melanie I am so sorry for you and your loss. I know it is easy to say it is good but the pain and the loss will always be a part of you. Your daughter will be fine in time. No more empty house ha. Prayers and blessings to come your way. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  5:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Last thursday after I finished my day and my bath I was to tired to get on line and talk about my day or anything. Yes it is a very good feeling when you have finished something. Friday after a few house picking ups I went with a friend to a craft show. Got home found out we had to run and pick up the house check or wait until Monday to get it. Got it then home late by 30 min for a dinner and Easter show at church. But we still saw the whole show which was very good. Got home at 10pm. Saturday went to an other craft show with a different girl friend. Got home late again. Time just passes when you are having fun with friends. Sunday came and went as well most of the day is gone when church is envolved. Then today I had to work on bills and get camp grounds and other things stright for a trip to NC this Friday thru Thursday. Some one told me my dh and I are retired and I said ya so we can do a whole lot more work with no end in sight...Lilly

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  5:06:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow Lilly...you've been a busy lady!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  5:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan I am so sorry about what happened to you at the conference. People are not supportive of nursing mothers. I nursed both of mine for 10 months each but that was some time ago. born in 1974 and 1977. I am the kind of person that will come right back at you so I always stood my ground. But one would think where church people are it would be a much different thing and would be more aware of the good you are doing for your kids and yourself. I think it is great. No better feeling when you are full of milk then to have a little one suck on you. I still remember dose days. My son did not want to give it up. My daughter was easy. My son was the only one who ever bit me only once. It was funny. He had eatten and was full he looked up at me and grinned then went right back and bit me. He knew what he was doing and I Tapped him never again did he bite. He had teeth at that time so he must of been about 6 months old. Things like that one does no forget. I will sent you some pictures soon. The wood work has begun. I also have to fill you in on this peice. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  5:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh...I've had my fair share of being bitten. This is my third little nursling and he has teeth and bites me all the time in spite of my tapping and giving a firm "NO!" He cries and looks so hurt, but then he just does it again LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  6:24:06 PM  Show Profile
Yay! Everything is done! A quiet afternoon today. But I'm sure tomorrow I will have a lot to do, and I have track practice. Channah, what is RAOK? I've never looked at the threads about it. Seems like everybody's busy around here, but better to be busy that bored!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  6:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Megan, RAOK stands for Random acts of Kindness. Its a place where we send things to farmgirls. :) It's under the swap section.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2010 :  6:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
P.S. Melanie can tell you alot more about it! She is the one who is doing it!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2010 :  04:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for your prayers. Hallie's eye looks better. She still has some cough, but the doc said as long as she didn't have a fever she could go to school. She's not to thrilled with that decision of course. LOL

As for my aunt I have not been able to talk to her yet. :( My mom had hoped I would be able to get off work early today and take her to my aunt's. My mom has severe panic and anxiety and doesn't go far from home alone. Not that she rides well with anyone either. But unfortunately because I had to take off with Hallie yesterday, I can not cut my day short today. But I think I can shift my schedule around and take off either Thursday or Friday. I know my mom really needs to be with her sister right now. Just trying to figure a way out to get her there.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic To Do List: Update Yours Today! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page