Page: of 22

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  05:02:24 AM  Show Profile
So, today after school and homework, I have some things to do, and posting them really motivates me to get them done.
1. Put more clothes away.
2. Take garbage bins out. Done
3. Type up my forensics piece for our state competition. In progress
4. Read. Done
5. Sweep the floors.
6. Brush my dog. Done
I'll think of more to do after school!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

Edited by - knittinchick on Mar 24 2010 5:47:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  05:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
So far today I have taken care of the critters, made the bed, put the clothes away, the kitchen counter seems to be a catch-all so I've cleared that off and put it away, loaded the car with my cleaning equipment, even put my makeup on this morning. I think I feel a little better when I take time to put it on. And I've watered the plants. So anyhoo...

This is the rest of my to-do list for today:

1. I have two homes to clean today (other than mine)- these are the jobs I enjoy even if it does wear my hiney out. DONE
2. Pick up the kids from their dad's DONE
3. Straighten living room and dust- didn't get that done yesterday
4. Dinner and dishes dinner got done
5. More laundry- found some bags of clothes in the car the kids left from their last trip to thier dad's DONE
6. Dust my bedroom and put some things away.

I don't really expect to get all this done today. I expect to get distracted with the kiddos and we'll do something else since it's spring break.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 25 2010 06:15:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  05:47:34 AM  Show Profile
My list is small today.
1. Go to chiropractor.
2. Go to Hospital, my newest Great Grandbaby is being born today. ~blessings~
Connie

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  05:48:30 AM  Show Profile
Megan and Channah, you two young women just amaze me daily. Makes me have hope for the future.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  06:52:17 AM  Show Profile
Connie, congrats ahead of time on your new grandbaby! How exciting! You'll have to post an update when that task is complete ;)

Today, we have to take our boys to their grandparents' house and I will be picking up my treadle machines on my way home (I can't wait to play - I'll finally have a treadle that actually has all it's parts and works!!!!). Then we will have an early dinner and go to be early because we have to be out the door on our way to Chicago at about 4 AM...YIKES! So, I have a lot to get done this morning in preparation for the weekend before I go.

1. Laundry (always number one)
2. Pack a bag for boys.
3. Pack a bag for Trent and I.
4. Empty dishwasher and clear and wipe down kitchen cabinets and counters.
5. Plant a few seeds, if I have time.
6. Make dinner.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  08:03:46 AM  Show Profile
Connie be sure an post about the new baby, can't wait to hear!

1. Clean laundry room
2. Cut out some patterns
3. work on praying hands dishcloth
4. Take penpal letters to post office
5. Fix dinner
6. Start some swap projects
7. Enjoy my evening

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  11:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Connie, that is wonderful!! How exciting! Here is my list today!

1. Clean goat shed. Done!!
2. Worm Ebony
3. Clean Goat shed. Done!!
4. Clean room. Done!!
5. Write more thank you cards. Done!!
6. weed driveway
7. Milk Sadie. I milked her this morning and then I have to milk her tonight so I am half way done. lol
8. Exercise for an hour
9. Pratice tap
10. Math, French, Geography, Science, reading writing, etc.
11. Work on dish rags
12. Reply to e-mails.

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  12:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Wonderful news Connie! Sending prayers for a healthy baby and momma. {{HUGS}}

Have a safe trip, Siobhan!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  4:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Girls! I'm happy and exhausted, little Savannah Amiya MaeLynn arrived at 10:08 am (cst)weighting 7lbs. 9ozs. 20 inches long and as far as this great grandma can tell perfect. Amiya is an Indian name from her daddy's side and MaeLynn is for several gggrandmothers and 1 ggrandma(me) &her grandma (my oldest daughter). And I'm just as thrilled with her arrival as I was when her Momma got here, 26 years ago. ~Happy tears~ Everyone is doing fine. I now have 12 grandchildren, and 5 great grandchildren, that can make a granny tired but happy. I looked at my dear huband and said "just look what we started."
Connie

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  5:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
What a beautiful name Connie!! I am soo happy for you!! Babies are wonderful gifts from God!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  5:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Diane, thank you. Connie, congratulations on being a Great-Grandmother, again! I haven't finished my homework yet. I was really tired and had to chillax after school, but it will get done! You guys all inspire me to work harder and whine less about doing work. Thanks to all of you!
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  5:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Your welcome Megan!! No just kidding! I am not much of an inspiration. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  6:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Connie, congratulations and I am glad that all is well, Siobhan, I hope you and your dh have a great business trip. Megan and Channah besides helping Brenda find your way east to help me as well. Well today I finnaly finished pulling the nails. I spent 2 hours on it but that part is done now it goes to the wood man to have all the wood repaired and stained over. Dh fixed the wood chipper so after lunch I worked on the twig pile. I worked on it for 6 hours and was so tired I had to take a bath. I do not have an out door tub but I did leave the window open. We are to close to traffic and other houses but it was a good bath any way. Think I will do it again tomorrow. Well we closed on the house but the buyers could not close yesterday so now we have to sign more papers for the day change. Always something. Needless to say I am tired tonight. I did not say how many times I hit my hands cutting them open pulling nails, tacks and staples. What a job. Some one help me with pictures and I will post some. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  6:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Wow Lillian!! What a busy day!! I would love to help you too!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  7:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Channah. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  7:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh Connie I am so thrilled for you! I have goose bumps!!! Baby's are a very special gift from God. Here I go again, But they just smell so GOOOOOOOD! Congrats. And pray mommy and baby,Amilya Maelynn,very pretty name, are healthy and happy. Keep up updated on all the days following.

Lillian I would say you have reason to be worn out. You was working hard girlfriend.

I really did't get much of my list done today. DH and I were both lazy and we just watch some movies and a really nice dinner it was one of those days that we just connect with all our thoughts and dreams and what we want to do in the future. Had a really nice day. The list will be there tomorrow when I get back from the dentist.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  02:52:11 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, your day sounds wonderful. I love those lazy days with my hubby. They don't come around very often with little ones, but they sure are refreshing :)

Connie, congratulations on the ggrandbaby girl! How precious! My kiddos are little, but I already can't wait to have grandbabies someday...LOL! It must bring such joy!

Lilly...great job on getting all the nails removed! Sounds like you had one exhausting day, but I bet it feels good! When you want to post pictures, load them onto a hosting site like www.flickr.com or www.photobucket.com. Once loaded you will be able to click on your picture and get a code that ends in ".jpeg". Then, just copy and paste this line, removing the "your picture code here" part and copy and paste the code you got from your picture in it's place: Make sense? If not, you can always email me pics and I will give you the code to put in your post. I can't wait to see!!!

As for me, I am on my way out the door to Chicago for the Catalyst One Day conference. It's really for my DH. He's a music pastor and has to attend leadership and worship conferences several times a year, but I really enjoy the opportunity to go along, especially when we get to go to a big city like Chicago!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  05:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Thanks again Siobhan I will give it a try.
Well we have to sign more paperwork today.
2 loads of laundry done and on the line.
back to chipping need to do for tomorrow rain again.
will let all know how all goes. Love Lilly

Edited by - solilly on Mar 25 2010 05:48:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  06:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My to-do list for today;

1. Go to the apartments to clean again. - I'm out there three days a week- DONE
2. I still have not dusted the living room. I suppose I really should try to get that done today.
3. Dishes DONE
4. Clean my room. I didn't get around to that yesterday either.
5. Get kids to clean their room. I think I'd rather work at the apartments. LOL DONE
6. Get some RAOK's ready to go to the PO next week.
7. work on that scarf some more. Silly me got it too wide. Trying to come up with a way to fix that without ripping it all out.

Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 25 2010 5:19:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  4:51:09 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Lilly...I was posting on my way out the door this morning and didn't realize that what I was trying to explain wasn't making any sense because the code was making it think there was a picture, even though I didn't put a picture code in. Basically, you need to put the code between [/img] and [img], but the other way around. If I actually put them in the right order it will try to post the word "and" as a picture. Hopefully that makes sense. Like I said, if it doesn't make sense you can email me a pic and I can post it for you.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  4:57:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh...and I've had a soso day today. We got to the conference and the people running the event were less than courteous to this nursing mom and made me feel like a total outcast for having a nursing baby with me. It was an awful feeling, being that this was a Christian leaders conference. They were NOT nice at all. I am a mother of three very well behaved boys and I am very aware that babies can be a distraction, but I don't need to be lectured on the fact that they will remove me from the conference if my baby makes noise. I can very well tell when he is being disruptive and I will quietly excuse myself. And I wasn't the only one they treated like this. There were a whole room of us that they seated behind glass garage doors to watch the conference. This was the solution they found to the fact that they forgot to consider the fact that young ministers might have nursing children that cannot be left with a babysitter. Oh well....not going to dwell on it. It was just a disappointment :(

Farmgirl Sister #1110

Edited by - clothedinscarlet on Mar 25 2010 5:26:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  9:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I think that is just sad Siobhan! I think nursing a baby is a wonderful thing. I am so sorry it was a disappointment.
Hugs!!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  08:12:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Channah. I'm sure that the coordinators of the conference got an ear full from my husband yesterday. He was pretty upset with how we were treated. I just hope that they will re-evaluate how they dropped the ball on this. Like I said, there were several of us parents with little babies that were not treated well. Sad....

Anyways, Trent and I are going into downtown Chicago for fun today. I am hoping to discover some cool vintage shops. Speaking of vintage...Channah, I finally found you a hanky on ebay about a week ago and I thought it was going to be in my mailbox when I return home, but I got an email from the seller last night saying that she had gotten backed up or something and JUST sent it yesterday. LOL...what am I, 3 months late for that swap now? I'm so sorry. I think you will like this hanky though when I finally get it and doll it up for you! Someday your hanky will come...LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  11:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Please, please do not feel bad Siobhan! I am in no hurry! You just take your time! Goodness knows I've been late for some swaps too. lol I am not upset with you at all so please don't feel bad. :) It sounds like you will have a fun day!! :)
Hugs!!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  12:30:47 PM  Show Profile
Siobhan I'm so sorry to hear how you were treated. It was all so unnessasary. Nursing babies is so natural and beautiful. At least you can have some fun in Chicago! Happy shopping.

Blessings, Brenda

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic To Do List: Update Yours Today! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page