1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  5:40:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by clothedinscarlet

Lilly...good luck with the closing today. I know those can be nerve wracking. They never seem to go exactly as planned (at least that's been our experience in the past). I would love to see what you're doing with the sofa. It sounds like a LOT of work!

My agenda today:

1. Finish cleaning out the pantry (did the fridge and freezer yesterday, even though it wasn't on my list because I just got tired of the clutter).
2. Make grocery list done .
3. Clean up kitchen done .
4. Laundry, Laundry, Laundry. Why is it when I finally feel caught up it piles up again? done as I can be for today
5. Make Camden some new jeans for church and patch the holes in all of the other ones for play (I have a feeling that this is going to be on the list every day this week until it gets done) realized that I didn't have enough denim left to make him some nice pants, so I decided to cut up a pair of Trent's old jean that had holes and make him some jeans out of those. I am pretty pleased with how they turned out, though they're still not nice enough for church. They'll make good play clothes .

That's it for now. I'm sure there's more that needs to be done as this is Monday and a new week for getting things done, but I've got all week. Well, at least Monday through Wednesday (hubby and I are going to a conference in Chicago this Thursday and Friday).

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  5:44:41 PM  Show Profile
I got more accomplished than I thought I would today, even though I still feel like I barely got anything done. This day went by way too fast! I ended up making Camden a pair of jeans out of Trent's old jeans. I kept all the pockets in exactly the same place, so they are very unique looking with the big man sized pockets. Maybe I'll get a picture of him in them tomorrow. I've been having a lot of fun lately repurposing stuff rather than buying.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  5:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful Siobhan!!! Would love to see a picture of Camden's pair of jeans!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  6:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I don't feel like I accomplished much of anything today, except run up and down the road.
The kids and I had hoped to go to the zoo to celebrate spring break, but mother nature decided otherwise. Rainy and nasty out. So than I thought well we'll do a day of the arcade, lunch and whatever else we could find to do. Well we did the arcade. My youngest decided to cop a major attitude on the way to lunch so I told her I would have none of it. And we went back home.

Good thing. My friend was here with her son when we got back to the house. I had offered to watch her son so she could go on a semi-date. I'm not sure if that is what it should be called, but I think it is cause it wasn't a "date" date. Anyhoo.... she had told me no at first, but sometime during the day changed her mind and forgot to call. But anyway, her son hadn't had lunch yet and we were famished so I gave in and took the kiddos to McD's. Gross I know, but they like that kind of thing.

Of course it's Monday and that is my "usual" day to stop at the Goodwill. I found a couple of little things. I dropped my friend's son back at his house cause my friend was home. See I said it was a short date. The kids and I came back home and then their dad called and said their 1/2 brother and sister were down for a visit and wanted to know if they wanted to comne stay the night. So that's where they are and then they will be home tomorrow night.

But I did get the dishes done!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  7:14:06 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a semi-busy day Melanie!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  05:51:32 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hahaha Yeah, Megan, it was busy!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  05:54:28 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here in MI. What's on your to do list today?

Here's mine:

1. Laundry...imagine that.
2. Work on the romper again. I've gotta get that thing finished. My friend is due any day. I think she's actually overdue now.
3. Finish putting together my spring egg carton together which is now way late for my swap partner.
4. Go to the PO to mail a bunch of stuff that should have gone out last weekend, but I got distracted with my weekend out of town with hubby :)
5. Sweep and mop wood floors.
6. Bake molasses cookies that are firming up in the fridge...YUM!

Farmgirl Sister #1110

Edited by - clothedinscarlet on Mar 23 2010 06:35:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  06:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My to-do list for the 23rd:

haha I'm so out of it, I almost put the 22nd down. LOL Getting on with it :)

1. Go to work at the apartment complex - BLUCK this is the only place I clean that I dread going to- DONE DONE DONE!
2. Menu planning and grocery shopping- another ewwww DONE
3. Dust the living room- aarrggg You know I kinda like the dust bunnies. LOL
4. Run the sweeper
5. take care of the critters- usually this is the kids' job but since they are at their dad's house.... DONE
6. I'm sure I can come up with a load of laundry DONE
7. And of course dishes multiply faster than rabbits so I'm sure those will be there later- hahaha just me not enough dishes to do.
8. Dinner- done went out
9. swept up the kitchen and wiped out the fridge. DONE

If anyone would like to swap one of thier eeeewwww-ie chores with one of mine, I'd love to give it a go.

The kids called to see if they could stay one more night at their dad's. Since they all seemed like it was something they wanted, I said okay. Didn't quite think that through. We were going to have a pork chop skillet dinner tonight. That is way too much food for just me. And even though Miss Ruby would love for me to share, her tummy would not enjoy it later. Hmmm guess I need to come up with a new plan for supper.
Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 23 2010 6:36:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  06:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Melanie, sounds like you had a tring day yesterday. Kids they can do that to you. Then the ex and the friend. You made it thank goodness. Siobhan I hope you and your husband have a good busness trip but you know the laundry and the dishes will be there when you get back but even more so to get even with you. Life you have to laugh or it would make you cry. Its raining again to day so no laundry. Sofa work, Kitchen work, and closing today. Talk to you all later. Love Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  06:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, you may come over and change and spray out poopy cloth diapers for me ;) I've got two in diapers and one (the oldest) never poos solid, so there's no easy dump it in the toilet stuff going on there. No...you have to stand over the toilet with a sprayer and make sure you get it all off, hoping that nothing splashes back in your face :) LOL...love my job! I hope you have a good day today, even though you have to go to the dreaded apt. complex :(

Lilly, I hope all is set for your closing today and that it goes smoothly without anymore surprises.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  06:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan, me to on the closing. Had to say I did diapers I know what you mean about the mess in the tolite I am so glad those days are over but you still remember. That is why you have so much laundry you better get that outside tub ready and get in it send the kids to napville. Lilly

Edited by - solilly on Mar 23 2010 06:54:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  06:55:40 AM  Show Profile
Mmm...don't I wish, Lilly...It's so far from ready. I forgot to add it to my list, but I did finally get the metal detector from my friend and hopefully will find the fourth leg for my tub today!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  07:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
It will be ready soon enough and you will wonder how you ever did with out it. Love Lilly

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  07:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Here's my to do list for the 23rd.

1. Worm Ebony ( its a 3 day wormer)
2. Bake some cookies this morning Done
3. Weed driveway some more
4. Mail letters Done
5. Write a few more letters still working on that.
6. School ( Math, reading, writing, history, science,etc) done
7. Clean my goat shed done
8. Reply to some e-mails. done
9. Package some things up for the RAOK

I can think of soo many more things! lol I shall post them a little bit later.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Edited by - maggie14 on Mar 23 2010 5:35:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  09:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
HAHA Siobhan! I have grown ups at the apartment complex that have missed the commode all together. Thank goodness that doesn't happen often, so the poopy diapers sound like a dream job. LOL It's been awhile since mine were that young. There's just something different about baby poo. Not as gross as grown up poo. Ok enough.. that's getting a little narsty now. LOL

I'm feeling a bit flaky this morning. All out of sorts to waking up to an empty house on a weekday I suppose. But I am sure the kids are having a good time with their siblings. And Hallie will love me. A stray tom cat came up in the yard yesterday. She's been loving on it and feedin it. Guess who was sitting in the yard when I got in from work? I'll give her this one, he's a lover and not picky about eating dog food. So he's eating his breakfast and had his lovin. Ruby tried to say hello, but he smacked her in the face. She wasn't too apreciative about that one. I tried to tell he to leave him be, but she's a stubborn pooch.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  09:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
There's also this sofa at the goodwill. It's been there a week or so and it's just what I've been wanting. It has a spot on the back. If it can't be scrubbed out it can be covered with a throw easily. So I'm thinking of taking the seats out of the van and going to get it. But the seats are really heavy. So I'm really really thinking it over.
Well that's solved. Called the goodwill and the couch sold yesterday. My back is very grateful LOL
Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 23 2010 09:33:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  2:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Melanie maybe you really did not want the sofa. Well today floors vacumed. supper cooking right now. Crab cakes, redbeans and rice with a salad. We got all the paper work done and signed on the house. The buyers could not get all there paper work done so we might have to wait a day or two more to get our check. We did OK even with all the fees. We put close to $100,000 down and into repairs that paned out for us. Now we can go on vacation and not worry about renters etc. Still did not finish that sofa. I need to learn to do pictures on here. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  4:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Channah, you are so lucky to be homeschooled! You can do other things besides schoolwork during the day, while I'm stuck in school all day:( Anyways, here's what I would like to accomplish this evening:
1. Put my clothes away Done
2. Knit some more of my second dishcloth Done
3. Re-check the forum:)Done
4. Do some dishes My Mom did most of them, but I helped!
5. Laundry tasks (Siobhan, my Mom and I will agree that laundry multiplies faster than bunnies. As soon you're done with a load, you have to start a whole new load.)Done
6. Read some of my library books. Will probably get done before bed
There's probably more I'm going to do that I can't think of now, but I'll probably think of it as soon as I get ready for bed.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Edited by - knittinchick on Mar 23 2010 7:00:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  4:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Channah and Megan, God Bless you! To be young and have all that energy. I'm tired just reading your list Megan. I can remember the days when I'd get the whole house cleaned in one day and go grocery shopping and run the children to all their school events. Wow!!!!

Blessings, Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  5:04:32 PM  Show Profile
I have been web searching all day for craft tutorials and sewing patterns for my MJF chapter to make together. As chapter leader, I have a lot of fun thinking up all kinds of crafty things that the Palouse Prairie Girls may want to try. Crafts, gardening, adventure,picnics and more...that's what I've been up to all day...my poor printer has her job cut out for her...humming away with all of the projects I've found!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  5:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Megan, I bet you are a lot smarter than me. :)

Today I also did....
Cleaned house really, really good from top to bottom while mom was in town.
I am making dinner. :) A daughter has to help her mom right? I love to cook and help out so I am enjoying it.
Folded some clothes and am doing laundry.
I wormed our dog too. :)
Talked to a dear friend who I have not heard from in a while.
And soon I will have to get ready for dance. :)

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  6:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I felt completely lost today without kids again on a weekday. Don't get me wrong I miss them on the weekends when they are gone too, but there's something different about a week day. I can't put my finger on it. I gave in and went to the big town about 30 minutes from where I live.
My son got a shocking gag pen at the arcade yesterday and I accidentally broke it and promised I would find him another one. And I did. I also found one of those hand shockers. I strolled through Michael's and found a few things. Went to Jo-Ann's and found nothing. Went to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings. I thought all of this would take my mind off the kids and being by myself. It didn't work.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  6:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Channah I'm just going to have you girls move in with me. I've gotten pretty slow getting things done lately.hahaha

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  7:03:30 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Channah! But I'm sure you have a lot more work to do, having four goats and all. Brenda, thank you! Tonight I also took out the garbage, and I have to help my Mom with labeling and stapling some things for a school event. Busy evening!
You ladies should all be complimenting yourselves as well. Looking at some your lists makes scared about growing up! But I think I'm ready. I already know how to do wash, load and start a dishwasher, do dishes by hand, and do many domestic duties. I really think that we farmgirls are very productive ladies!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  10:04:06 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would be happy to work for you Brenda!! We would have soo much fun!!

Megan, They do keep me busy! lol I will soon have 6 or 7 goats. lol

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic To Do List: Update Yours Today! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page