classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  5:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Well mom and I left about 12:30 and I took her for lunch. Then to Hobby Lobby and Walmart. She got her grocery's there. Got home at 7:00. I'm pooped!!! Now you know why I LOVE taking her shopping!hahahahaha So I'll not be doing anything else today!
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  05:37:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning farmgirls! First of all, thank you for all the anniversary wishes! Second of all, enjoy your Saturday. Don't work too hard. Spend time in the sunshine if you got it. It's supposed to be yucky and rainy/snowy here today so we're going to our movie today and will do some thrifting/antiquing for fun!!!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  07:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Sorry time got away from me yesterday. The dh had the pc this morning so I am later then I wanted to be to be posting. I spent 6 more hours on that sofa pulling nails and staples. I still am not finished. One more day and it will be ready to go to the wood man for repairs and finishing. Then we had a grandson event to go to yesterday evening so after getting the cloths in and folded I stoped we did not get in until 10 pm so my day was shot. We also ended up eating out good for a change. Hope you had a good day yesterday Siobhan. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.

Edited by - solilly on Mar 20 2010 07:26:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  07:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Now today started early again another load of clothes washed and hung out. Also put away yesterdays clothes. Cleaned and refilled the bird feeders. breakfast done and cleaned up also worked a little on some photo albums. I have a lunch date with some friends at one pm and then as a group we are going to see Alice in Wonderland. The weather is just so great I am keeping myself out doors. Lilly

Edited by - solilly on Mar 20 2010 07:57:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  07:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I didn't think I would get any crafty or farmgirly stuff done last night cause of my honey man and son coming down to visit. Buuttt I forgot how he likes to watch the 4-wheeler videos on Youtube. LOL I have looked high and low around town for a box of Easter cards without luck. So yesterday I found some vintage easter potcard images online and printed off a bunch to use for post cards. I almost have them all addressed and ready to go. And then I was able to work on the shopping tote I made the other night. I turned the strap right-side up and then thought it needed a little something more. It's just too plain. So I pinned some lace around the opening and need to sew that one later.

My to-do list for the 20th:

1. Take kids to get donuts for breakfast - DONE
2. A couple loads of laundry DONE
3. Sew the lace on the shopping tote. DONE
4. Dinner DONE
5. Start on a menu and grocery list for next week- I really despise this chore. I don't know why though. Of course I didn't even come close to getting it finished or started for that matter. LOL
6. Maybe try to work in the yard for a little while. ummm maybe tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

Ummm we got a little sidetracked. We decided to ditch the housework this morning and go to the movies. We went to see Diary of a Whimy Kid. It was cute!

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 20 2010 9:05:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  5:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Well I got in late again after hanging out with the girls after the movie. Alice in wonderland is a very good 3d movie much better then I thought it would be. When I got home the dh had taken the clothes in for me a sweet guy. I folded them enough for anotherday. Good nite all. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  6:58:40 PM  Show Profile
I saw Alice in Wonderland today too, Lilly. We went to the IMAX theater. It was really interesting!

I also got to go look at the treadle machines today and ended up buying both of them. I will be picking them up this week sometime. Maybe I will take some pictures for you all to see!

Trent and I had such a wonderful weekend! We stayed at a really nice hotel where we had a beautiful dinner at the hotel restaurant who's chef makes masterpieces of local, fresh ingredients. YUM! And then we had breakfast at another local restaurant run by the sweetest Lebanese lady who also uses fresh and local ingredients to make the yummiest stuff! Trent and I are total foodies, so eating lots of good food is our idea of a great celebration! We also went to a nice little antique store and enjoyed browsing around there for a while. It was nice just being together without the boys for a few hours at a time (Truman was still in tow at times because I am still nursing him).

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  06:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My to-do list for the 21st:

1. one load of laundry- one load turned into 4. DONE
2. cooking and dishes dishes have been done twice
3. working on raok list DONE
4. hanging with the kiddos and get our things ready for our trip to the zoo tomorrow. Hallie has never been, so we are really hoping it doesn't rain. coming up with a new plan. the rain just won't stop.
5. Stripped bed and washing bed clothes done

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 21 2010 6:20:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  06:19:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!

Here's my list for the day:

1. Go to church done .
2. Come home and make some lunch for the family done .
3. Grocery shopping partially done - more tomorrow .
4. Empty out suitcase from the weekend and sort dirty clothing .
5. Load of diaper laundry and one of clothing.

Farmgirl Sister #1110

Edited by - clothedinscarlet on Mar 21 2010 7:10:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  06:33:09 AM  Show Profile
Still working on my house cleaning. Try to finish a book.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  06:57:09 AM  Show Profile
To do today:

Make bread
Ironing
Climb up on feed bin and see how much is left (my dh has a fear of heights so this job is always mine. LOL.)
Work on baby afghan.

Judy

*Love one another*
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  07:34:57 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan, I hope ya'll have a wonderful time to yourselves for your anniversary. My DD's and I are supposed to go see Alice in Wonderland Tuesday! Can't wait.

Judy, I am making bread today, too. What kind are you making? And be careful up on those feed bins.
And hopefully having the last of my does kid today.
And I need to make doggie treats.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Mar 21 2010 07:57:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  08:44:39 AM  Show Profile
My project is using a handsaw to cut down a bunch of branches, then burn them all. I'm not really looking forward to it so that is all I am putting on my to-do list, then I can sew or something as a reward:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  09:02:01 AM  Show Profile
Work on projects for my chapter
Clean out and re-arrange the pantry
A bit of laundry
A MAJOR grocery shopping trip and hopefully sit down and stitch up some of these half done projects of mine!

I hope that everyone has a lovely Sunday !

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

StitchHazel
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Kylie
Rome NY
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  09:03:20 AM  Show Profile
Lots of things to do today:

1. Finish washing interior of car. (I vacuumed it yesterday and what a difference it made after a winter of sand and salt!)
2. Super laundry day! Four loads and bedclothes.
3. Work on a computer slide show for upcoming event at the theater where I work.
4. Stop by the grocery store for a few supplies.
5. Tidy up the house and freshen guest room linens for expected company this coming weekend.
6. Write a column and pull editorial extras for this week's edition of the newspaper (my other job).
7. Give cat ear mite medicine. DONE

That's all I will commit to today! My to-do list is long, but my sanity won't be if I try to do too much :D

Kylie

P.S. Happy belated anniversary Siobhan! I hope you and Trent had a nice time.

"It's wonderful what we can do when we're always doing." -George Washington
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  11:05:24 AM  Show Profile
Scratch the burn pile, way too windy. I did get the branches all dealt with, the dog run raked and cleaned up and some random cleaning in the backyard. Fed, watered and gave the chickens some weeds and turf to play with:)
I guess I will work on tomorrow's project so if it isn't windy then I can flipflop, so....off to deep clean the kitchen, wash the curtains etc.

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  5:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
I am glad you had a good time away from home Siobhan. Sounds like you needed it. Having kids can get you down sometimes. Been there some time ago.
Well we are selling a house. Closing on it tomorrow so I had to go over and get all our things out get them home and put them away. What a day I'm tired and the day is gone. HD stayed home for he was tring to get the chipper working for me still no luck. By weeks end he says if he can not fix it he will take it to the shop. I sure hope tomorrow I will also have this sofa de nailed. I will have to learn how to get pictures on this site so I can show you all what I have been up to so long. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  05:52:40 AM  Show Profile
Lilly...good luck with the closing today. I know those can be nerve wracking. They never seem to go exactly as planned (at least that's been our experience in the past). I would love to see what you're doing with the sofa. It sounds like a LOT of work!

My agenda today:

1. Finish cleaning out the pantry (did the fridge and freezer yesterday, even though it wasn't on my list because I just got tired of the clutter).
2. Make grocery list.
3. Clean up kitchen.
4. Laundry, Laundry, Laundry. Why is it when I finally feel caught up it piles up again?
5. Make Camden some new jeans for church and patch the holes in all of the other ones for play (I have a feeling that this is going to be on the list every day this week until it gets done).

That's it for now. I'm sure there's more that needs to be done as this is Monday and a new week for getting things done, but I've got all week. Well, at least Monday through Wednesday (hubby and I are going to a conference in Chicago this Thursday and Friday).

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:17:27 AM  Show Profile
1. Remake the guest bed. (We have a friend of our son's staying with us for 3 days while his folks are on a trip. He has lots of allergies so I stripped the bed and washed everything. Now it all has to get put back.)
2. Complete my grocery shopping list. I need to go right after dinner since I fell asleep on the couch last night and didn't make it into town.
3. Wash diapers for the baby. Hmmm maybe this should move to the top.... :)
4. Since school is let out early and each of my son's have a friend over, that'll be 4 boys to look after plus my baby daughter. I'm not thinking much of anything will get done after they get home. :)

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Here goes!

1. Worm Ebony
2. clean room
3. Get School done ( Math, History, Science, Writing, reading, etc.)
4. Clean goat shed again ( this is a never ending job. lol)
5. Write 10 or more letters. ( some are Thank you cards)
6. Finish the 2 scarfs I am making.
7. Weed more of the driveway. :)
8. e-mail a few people
9. Read some of Jane Austen for book club

Siobhan, That is the way my mom feels about Laundry. lol Last week she got fed up with it and we are now doing our own laundry. lol I have always done laundry but my brothers are not so happy about it. lol

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:54:02 AM  Show Profile
I've just sit down to rest a few. Doing laundry, I don't know how 2 people can have as much laundry as we do. Then I've been on the kitchen floor cleaning the outsides of all my cabinets and appliances. I probably won't be walking tomorrow. But you do what you have to, don't we girls!! Then I need to go back and finish the tops. I want to do my deep cleaning because I want to paint my kitchen a very pale yellow and blue as an accent color. I found a really cute valance at K-mart for $2. And it's very pretty, yellow and blue and white. So that's what go the snowball rolling. Hopefully finish up penpal letters that I didn't get done last night. Then they will all be ready for the mail. OK, time to get up.
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  11:28:59 AM  Show Profile
Channah...how many siblings do you have? I have three boys and a husband and between the 4 of them and diaper laundry, I feel like laundry day is like that movie, "Groundhog Day". I wake up every day and its the same thing all over again...laundry laundry laundry. It never ends!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  11:30:59 AM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, my boys are not old enough to do their own laundry yet. But believe me, as soon as they are they WILL be doing their own. Then maybe they will think twice about throwing clean clothes that they've barely worn down the laundry chute.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  1:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Siobhan, I have 2 older brothers 19 and 18 and one younger sister who is soon to be 14. I am the 3rd oldest. :) Oh and then theirs my mom and dad so thats 6 of us. :) We have lots of laundry! lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  2:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan it is not only laundry, laundry all the time you forgot the dishes. I can have the kitchen picture clean and it seams in min. there are dishes to do again. Yes I can say for my husband and I laundry and dishes are a never ending thing. You were right Siobhan about the closing. We got both banks stright. Loan bank and morgage bank, closed all gas, electric and water accounts. But the paperwork was running behind so now it is 2pm tomorrow. You are so right about the sofa but when it is done it will be nice. I have to read and learn to post pictures on here. Siobhan you have started a great site here and more and more are coming on board. Go girl. I still like that little jumper you made from a sweater. Great work. my day was shot with the running around. Maybe back to the sofa tomorrow. Love Lilly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic To Do List: Update Yours Today! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page