Page: of 22

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  2:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan, I hope you get better soon and are taking it easy today.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  3:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies, Can I jump in too? Here is my list!

1. Mow both front and back lawns
2. Weed driveway
3. Finish school homework
4. Make as many dish rags as I can. lol I have 70 to make.
5. Clean bathroom, kitchen, living room, and room really good.
6. Worm Ebony
7. Milk Sadie ( milking 2x a day)
8. Exercise for an hour
9. Write 6 letters.
10. Play with goats.

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  6:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Ok this is what I did today. Washed 3 loads of laundry hung them out on the line broght them after folding them. Now they are all put away. Wanted to do the weed chipper but dh could not get it going. He worked on it all day. I ended up pulling nails from the sofa I am going to have covered. This job is going to be a very long one. Cooked 3 meals cleaned up after them and I am tired. See you all tomorrow. Lilly. I am going out with a friend tomorrow.

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  04:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan~ I hope you are feeling better today! {{HUGS}}

Ain't it funny how the list grows and grows as the day goes on. ahhh My nephew would let me have it. "Ain't isn't a word Aunt Nanny!" That's what he would say to me. hahahaha
And my favorite part-- After dinner, I get to work on my projects!!! Oooooo I feel like a little kid at Christmas!

My to-do list for today:

1. Work at the apartment complex, then a client's homeDONE
2. Finish cleaning bathroom- commode, floor and dust ahhh DONE! I hate cleaning the bathroom
3. I didn't clean the desk yesterday so it's on the list again today-DONE
4. Dishes-DONE
5. Go to Miller's 5&10 to look for Easter cardsDONE didn't find what I was looking for. well poo
6. Sign the kids up for daycamp eeerrrr she changed her mind.
7. Get Caitie from band practice-DONE
8. Dinner-cooking
9. oooo called honey man. I haven't talked to him since Tuesday and that was real quick hi and bye cause he had to go pick up his 4-wheeler at the shop and he stopped at my house to grab the trailer. He always tells me "You never call me. [insert whining tone]" hee hee I'm sooo not like his past relationships. I think it's funny!

Went to the thrift again to pass time between jobs. I really need to stop bringing home things, but I got a really awesome deal today!!! I found a big carnival glass bowl (gold color) for $5, a silver sugar and creamer set made in india for $6. They also have this really pretty rusty color couch with a big floral pattern on it for $60 and it is so tempting to take the seats out of the van and go back up there and get it. But since I worked my tukus off today and those van seats are really heavy, I think I'll let someone else have the deal on the sofa.

I did get some mail art done for the mail art swap. I think it starts next month. I played around with that after the kids went to bed last night.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 18 2010 3:43:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:23:10 AM  Show Profile
What a great idea for a topic!

My to-do list today, in no particular order:

1. FINALLY hang out some laundry (sheets today!!).
2. Clean ditches in front of the house with the kids.
3. Mail out a couple RAOKs.
4. Figure out a really great recipe for augratin potatoes or scalloped potatoes for supper.
5. Among other schoolish things, teach the boys about what's going on inside those eggs we have incubating!! (which I'm sure will lead to yet another "babies" discussion. Those are always fun!)
6. Continue to listen to that sweet ol' rooster crowing up a storm!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:24:23 AM  Show Profile
Gosh...maybe I should have waited for the 3/18 To Do list post? Oh well...I can just say I was really prepared. :)

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:36:13 AM  Show Profile
OK sisters...I'm back on task today! Feeling a TON better. Unfortunately hubby got sicko yesterday, but I'm so jealous of the fact that he only threw up once and felt instantly better. Goober.

Anyways, here's my list for today:

1. Clean up kitchen..It's getting there.
2. Tackle the laundry that hasn't gotten folded or put away (why is laundry so easy to wash, but so hard to get sorted and put away into 5 sets of drawers?)working on it now
3. Library with the boys Done.
4. Drop off Redbox movie Done (since hubby came home from work sick yesterday, I took all three boys to Culvers for an ice cream dinner- real healthy, I know - and then we picked up The Princess and the Frog - it was OK, but a lot scarier than the previews showed).
5. At least 1 more load of laundry washed and out on the line.
6. Go check out two treadle machines tonight (one of them is a White, so I am hoping it's got the bobbin case that I need for the machine I have- the bobbin case is rare and the ones I've found are $40. The lady is asking $25 for each of these machines. I haven't even seen pictures, but it they are in really bad shape, I might at least be able to get a bobbin case for $25 LOL) Talked to the lady - going tomorrow instead
7. Work on finishing romper (man, I just haven't been able to pick this thing up the past few days - my friend's baby is due any day...I need to get to it)

That's enough for now. I'm sure there is more to do, but I will just have to do what I can to get caught up for now. Looking forward to my relaxing anniversary weekend with Trent.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)

Edited by - clothedinscarlet on Mar 18 2010 12:59:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:56:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh, you all are so hard working. I feel like a slug.
Yesterday I visited my mother and shampooed her carpets. This made me very happy I have mostly wood floors.
Today for me:

Fold and put away laundry
Sweep and mop floors
Fix dinner for friends that are coming over tonight.
Clean up after dinner.

I think thats a short enough list that I might get it done today.
Have a good day everyone.

Judy

*Love one another*
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  07:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
OK today I started at 5:30 am eastern time. Got breakfast cooked cleaned up and away. Changed bed picked up den, Kitchen and dinning room. Now waiting for girl friend to go out. I do hope Siobhan you and you husband are much better today. I do not like that kind of sickness. Keep us up to date. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  07:48:35 AM  Show Profile
I feel like I havent gotten anything done the last few of days! Maybe today is the day! I started a new job and am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the paper work I need to get done. So I havent been getting other things done around the house!
Hope yall have a great Thrusday! Its finally sunny here!

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  08:42:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm on vacation from work so I am going to post my "got-it-done" list at the end of the day, otherwise I will feel like I'm still at work:) Siobhan, have fun with the treadles!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  08:52:42 AM  Show Profile
1) change the sheets, wash and dry on the line while the sun is shining!
2) find a home for all the various documents/letters I have on the dining room table - need a better mail station
3) clean the bathrooms
4) vacuum the house/dust
5) pull up some more sod from the front yard for the new garden space
6) pick up more yarn to finish my mobius wrap
7) finish crocheting the wrap
8) sweep the driveway
9) water the red clover seeds I'm trying to sprout in the shady spot in the yard
10) tend to the chickens
11) hang up the clean laundry

Wow, I better get started!

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  09:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
You girls make me TIRED!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  3:12:57 PM  Show Profile
I love how everyone is so ambitious!!!! Gosh, after reading this thread...I think I need a nap. Oh wait, I have to go re-make all the beds since all the bedding is drying on the line!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
-Oscar Wilde

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  3:34:06 PM  Show Profile
For me today it has been laundry laundry laundry!!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  4:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Ok got back around 5:30 pm after trift shopping, lunch and grocerys with a friend. It was a very warm and sunny day so it was good to get out and away for a short while. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  7:32:35 PM  Show Profile
Okay - here is my "got it done" list
3 loads of laundry - washed, dried and folded
Dishes - 3 times
Made banana bread
Made peanut butter and jelly bars
Made souffle for dinner for the first time
Cleaned the living room
vacuumed the bathroom
Cut out 2 aprons
One burn pile - two more to go.
I guess that's a pretty good day
More tomorrow, of course!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  05:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My to-do list for the 19th:

1. Go to work at the apartment complex- DONE
2. I have already done the dishes once. I will have to do them again after dinner thought. Caitie did dinner dishes.
3. Dinner is a Beef Taco Bake- DONE turned out pretty good. Need to do a double batch next time.
4. Laundry- one load. Oh I really should go pop that in before I leave for work. -DONE

Then my honey man and his son will be down this evening so that will end my to-do list. Probably no crafting tonight. But I got a couple of things finished last night. I made a few more pieces of mail art. Although I think they need a little more embellishing. I'm trying to figure out what else to do with them. And I made a shopping tote out of a man's flannel shirt and a belt. I put the belt on upside down so I need to switch it. aarrrgggg

Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Mar 20 2010 07:48:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  05:20:57 AM  Show Profile
Well today first thing I need to do is take mom to grocery store! YEA!! Shes one that she likes to look at everything. And at 85 very slowly. I could get the whole house cleaned in the time we spend at the store. But it is one of her few outings and she looks forward to it. Then I carry all those bags in and tomorrow she'll say she doesn't have anything to eat. She loves to cook but has trouble standing for very long. So I try to think up things she can fix with what she has that can be prepared in stages.
Then when I get home, I will start on my house. Running to so many doctors the last couple of weeks, things have become quite a mess.
Still have penpal letters I want to sit down and do. I enjoy them so much, but right now I've been short on time.
Hopefully there will be some time to do some crafting. It seems that is what always gets put on the back burner and most times not done.
Anyway, I believe that will fill up my day. Oh and we have to eat, so do some cooking!!
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  06:50:27 AM  Show Profile
Well, I got pretty caught up yesterday AND hung out my bird feeder, which made the Chickadees' day and mine too...I love listening to birds!!!

On the agenda today:

1. Donuts with the boys (this is Saturday morning tradition, but since we won't be here Saturday we moved it to today).
2. Take boys to Grammy and Grampy's house up north.
3. Go look at sewing machines.
4. Go to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D IMAX with hubby.
5. Have a nice anniversary dinner.

That's about it. No chores for me today! *sigh of relief*

You ladies have a wonderful weekend! It's my anniversary tomorrow, so I'm not sure if I will stop by to change the title or not. We'll see. We do have hubby's iphone, so I can easily do it in the car on our way to somewhere. I'll talk to you all on Monday at least :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  06:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Today 1 load of lundary and on the line. After the same old same old. Making bed doing breakfast and dishes. Now back to pulling nails from my sofa. I sure will be glad when this job is over for the next step of the job. Taking me to long but it will make a difference. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

StitchHazel
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Kylie
Rome NY
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  07:44:11 AM  Show Profile
Full day today, not a lot of work at home, but lots of things to do at work because we are going out of town for part of next week!

1. Iron dress to wear to professional development seminar hosted by chamber of commerce.
2. Wash and put away breakfast dishes. Shine the sink.
3. Clean dashboard and front-seat area of car in preparation for trip.
4. Wash a load of laundry.

"It's wonderful what we can do when we're always doing." -George Washington
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  10:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, SIOBHAN!!! I hope you and hubby have a wonderful time!

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  12:54:41 PM  Show Profile
Happy Anniversary to you Siobhan. It sounds like you are feeling better. Enjoy your evening.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  1:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, your post had me laughing. I HATE taking my mother shopping. She said if Wal-Mart was ever robbed, her fingerprints would be on every item in the store. Sadly, it's true.
I finished my list from yesterday and today its changing bedding, and sweeping and mopping floors again after all the company last night. Did some typing for an attorney friend this morning that I free lance for some. I'm calling it a day after this and poking around the yard this evening.
Hope everybody enjoys their day.

Judy

*Love one another*
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic To Do List: Update Yours Today! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page