Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  2:41:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh Melissa sorry to hear about your allergy sufferings. I can relate and once the Farmers start harvesting their Alfalfa I will be in trouble!

Denise, good for you! I really need to get back on track with WW. I have never gone to the meetings but just doing it at home helped. (It's those Church Potlucks that get me)

Laurie, wow you did alot! I still need to finish up organhizing paperwork.

Melanie, that's good news about the washer. How was your daughter's concert? What a blessing that must have been :) A Honeysuckle bush is on my wishlist :)

Megan, have fun at your banquet :)

Today was a busy day with Ladies Prayer and Bible Study. I made some bread and did some paperwork. Time to relax this evening.

Tomorrow:

~Work on Church Stuff DONE
~More Laundry and ironing DONE
~Correspondence DONE
~Gardening DONE
~Would like to do something crafty
~Need to make bread Dough rising now
~Strip beds and change linens

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on May 20 2010 10:58:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  06:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning ladies!!!

Here is my list for the day:

Fold Laundry that is already clean
Wash/Dry/Fold the rest of the laundry
Clean living room Mostly done
and shampoo carpets
Stip down Nora's bed,
shampoo mattress and take outside for sun drying Canceled- rained out
Shampoo Nora's carpets
Strip down our bed, shampoo and take outside for sunshine drying Canceled- rained out
get dishes done Done!
Get dinner started
Go to Tala with Nora and enjoy some OFF time!
Clean the bathroom shower curtain.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on May 20 2010 12:26:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  10:01:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to give the house a lick and a promise:) and then my dad is coming over to help me with some plumbing issues. I'm kind of excited to learn this - my dad has worked on just about everything you can think of, so it is time for him to pass on some knowledge to the next generation.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  10:03:31 AM  Show Profile
Oh and Alee - what good ways have you found to clean shower curtains?

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  10:11:04 AM  Show Profile
Already done today: Made ice cream, did a load of laundry, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, practiced a little baseball with Camden, tended to the garden, knitted a few rows on a special project.

To do:

Clean up kitchen thoroughly.
Sweep and mop dining room floors.
Pick up in living room and vacuum.
Clean toilets and counters in bathrooms.
Take a shower somewhere in there LOL! Hubby is taking me on a date tonight! YAY!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  10:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sharon, the concert was wonderful! The last concert is made up of all the bands and it is so awesome to see how the kids grow in their talent from one year to the next. The sad part was- the jazz ensemble did not perform. They are a wonderful bunch of kids, super talented and love what they do. Caitie plays the alto sax and she always looks forward to their performance and of course someday having the opportunity to join their elite group. And there always seems to be one kid that has a cheering section at the band concert. This was Caitie's year! Usually it's just me and Hallie that go to the concerts, but this year my sister and her 3 kids, and my mom and dad made it out. I think Cat was a little embarrassed but she said she liked the attention.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  12:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by graciegreeneyes

Oh and Alee - what good ways have you found to clean shower curtains?

Farmgirl #224

Amy Grace- I just take mine off and throw them in the wash with a load of towels. The towels help scrub off the junk. If they have gotten moldy I splash straight vinegar on the mold first for 5 and let sit for 5 minutes to let kill the mold. The wash. No need to dry- just rehang and it will dry.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  04:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Today:

1. I have the apartments to clean. This is one of those rare days when I don't dread that job. :)
Dishes, laundry and that sort of thing.

The kids are going to their dad's house later for the weekend, so I have plans to clean the house and box up some stuff to either go in a yard sale or goodwill. Jeremy will be down later too. I haven't seen him since last weekend and I'm ready to just curl up and relax with him.

Woo-Hoo I got everything done today. Hahaha not that I had much on my list. Tomorrow will be the real kicker!

Hope you all have a great day!
Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Edited by - melanie47601 on May 21 2010 9:17:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  6:53:09 PM  Show Profile
Laundry, laundry, laundry...and these are the main culprits:

Yes, they are playing in the sandbox in their pjs. Sigh.

Melissa

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com

Edited by - Butterscotch Grove on May 21 2010 6:53:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  9:12:51 PM  Show Profile
Today I did dishes, started to organize my area on the table, and I found a new graduation dress that I like a whole lot better!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  9:16:21 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
At least they are in the sandbox, Melissa. :)
My dad's favorite story to tell about me and my sister is when I was 3 and she was 2. We had a sandbox and a swingset, but he found us playing in the firepit. I think he said it took about 3 baths to get all the ash and soot off. The clothes I think wound up in the trash. hahaha

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  9:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Well ladies I'm going to go ahead and post my to-do list for Saturday tonight.

First thing in the morning I have to take care of the critters, then it will be time to put on my "man pants."
Then I'll be out the door and mowing the back yard. As soon as that is done, I'll have to dive into the a/c unit. Take off the a/c cover, hook up the water hose (since I don't have an outside faucet, I have to unhook the cold water hose for the washer and hook the water hose to it and run it out the back door.), hose the hair and dust build up off the a/c coils, replace the cover, hose off the mower,and put the water hose and washer back together.
If that is not enough for my manly chores, then I need to summerize the house. Yep- summerize. Since Sunday is supposed to be about 90 degrees out, I have to get out the aluminum foil and duct tape and cover all of the windows on the back side of the house. It's the best way to block that evil afternoon sun.

Gee it seems like I just fixed the toliet and figured out my washer problem. Oh wait I did. I'm kinda tired of wearing the pants in this house. Can I have my dress back now? LOL

I hope you ladies have a lovely, relaxing day tomorrow.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  08:32:39 AM  Show Profile
Melanie - good thing we don't have a fire pit! Wow - you are da man! Do you wear a frilly apron over your man pants while doing those chores? ;-)

My list for today:
1. Remove Boy from lap.
2. Sit outside and sell stuff for 7 hours at the Farmer's Market while worrying that DH forgot to water the plants and/or feed the children.
3. BBQ for dinner.

Gotta love summer Saturdays!

Melissa

My blog:

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  08:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Hahahaha I thought about it Melissa, but it's a good thing I haven't yet. I got pretty grody out there. Grease and mud are not a good combination.

So far I have the critters taken care of, the a/c taken care of, even went ahead and got Ruby's crate scrubbed down and drying. She probably won't be happy that I've done that. Didn't get the grass mowed. Tried, but the pull cord broke. Now I'm thinking I wish I could have some really strong words with my high school counselor who wouldn't let me take small engines because it was for boys.
So now I'm off to find my mower manual and later to buy a new pull cord and see if I can't fix it. Then I'll mow the grass tomorrow.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  6:00:25 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Melanie, that seems like a full day! Today I had a track meet, but I still managed to help my Mom outside a little bit. But other than that, I'm beat from the track meet, so I will be mostly crocheting scarves for my teachers.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Thweattheart
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Julie
New York NY
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  07:38:08 AM  Show Profile
I so enjoyed reading this...I live and die by my list that I keep in my entourage - it's the only way I can keep myself on task...I have my daily list and then we have the "wedding list" My oldest daughter is getting married in August at our house and there is only 11 weekends left to do so, so very much!!! Here's today's list:

~Dishes (unload, load & handwash) Done
~Mop kitchen floorto be done later tonight when everyone else is in bed...too much foot traffic through this room otherwise
~Scrub down upstairs bathroom shower & wash shower curtian (got great ideas on how to do that from reading other posts here)Not done but exchanged for doing the kitchen instead - cleaned the coffee maker inside & out and all the little things that usually get skipped over
~Make pork tenderloin, rice & beans & big salad for dinnerDone - Dinner turned out fabulous
~go through paper piles and either file or recycle in process
~shop online for new living room sofa (current one is almost 20 years old and broken - must have something to sit on when all those people are here for the wedding).Haven't found anything I like yet so I'll keep looking

If not me...then who?
If not now...then when?

Edited by - Thweattheart on May 23 2010 4:30:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  2:53:22 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I haven't done much of anything today. I didn't crawl out of bed till noon. That isn't like me at all! Well I guess I needed the extra sleep or I wouldn't have done it. I really should have been up early working on the mower, but oh well. It's quite warm out today- humid and 93 degrees. So I think I will pass on the yard work. The kiddos will be home in an hour. I did go ahead and get my grocery shopping done today. Glad that I did. I ran into some old friends. I spent more time talking to them than it took me to get the groceries. heeheehee

I hope you all are having a beautiful Sunday!!!

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  4:17:22 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, it's so hot here that I didn't do much of anything either! I did start organizing some seasonal clothes, though.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  04:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Supposed to be another scorcher today. Well it's supposed to be all week. It's not even 7am and the a/c has already kicked on. What's that tell ya? So for my to-do list today:

1. Clean for 1 client done
2. Drop some RAOK's off at the PO done
3. Really need to fix the mower and mow the grass trying to get there

Stopped at the goodwill this afternoon when I got done cleaning. Found a thing or two for some RAOK's, a set of old glasses (like i really needed these, but they are pretty) and a nice armchair for the living room. I have been hunting one of these for months, one with a wide bottom so I can kinda curl up in and snooze or just relax. I know I really need to go outside and work on that mower but that chair is calling my name. I'm afraid the chair might win.

The lawn mower is in pieces. And I just can't seem to get her back together again. Guess I'll have to find someone to help me do it.

Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on May 24 2010 6:04:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  3:51:11 PM  Show Profile
Stuff to do:
1) Pick up dog doodie
2) Put some books away
3) Finish homework
4) Crochet, crochet, crochet!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Edited by - knittinchick on May 24 2010 6:35:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  4:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Lets see.

1. Milk goats again. Done!!
2 Finish school Done!!
3. Clean room Done!!
4 fold clothes Done!!
5. do dishes Done!
6. get a few RAOKs, recipes, letters, ready to go in the mail tomorrow done!!
7. Finish crocheting the scarf I started yesterday for a farmgirl Done!!
8. Crochet a few dish rags. Done!!
9. Pratice guitar. Done!!

Hugs!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)

Edited by - maggie14 on May 25 2010 06:50:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  10:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Melanie - sorry to hear about your mower. Hope the mower fairies come and fix it while you're napping in your new chair!

I have a question - what's RAOK? (suppose I should just do a search....)

My list for Tuesday

1. Laundry startedstill working
2. Dishes
3. Make some bugs
4. Finish skirtthought about it briefly
5. Re-do little dolly's hair, finish her dress
6. Sew American Girl sized kuspukworked on it
7. Take kiddos to dr for well-baby check-upswell, the Boy has some mysterious hives, so his trip to the doc will be a hivey-baby visit
8. Make a decent dinner.DH is out burning the winter's crud out to the grill - mmmm, BBQ ribs!

Melissa

My blog:

Edited by - Butterscotch Grove on May 25 2010 5:50:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Melissa~ RAOK stands for Random Acts of Kindness. We have a group listed in the swap section. It isn't a traditional swap as we don't have partners or sending requirements. I mail out a master list to all of the farmgirls who sign up at the end of each month and we just have fun with it. Next list goes out May 31st in case you are interested in joining us.

oh the lawn mower fairies didn't make it last night.
and make some bugs????

To do today:
1. Clean around the house- I think I'm going to focus on laundry, dishes and living room dishes are done, washer hose is clogged again. bluck! tried to find the clog in the washer hose. no luck guess i'll have to break down and call the repair man tomorrow
2. Take the van into the shop to have the a/c recharged. The kids will love me this afternoon! guy at the shop said my a/c works better than the one in his new truck. couldn't find a thing wrong with it. and no charge for looking at it. I just love those guys! They are the best mechanics! They never treat me like a silly girl that doesn't know anything or take advantage of folks.
3. Do my spot clean at the apartments done
4. Do some more cleaning around the house. this didn't get done. we had to go to the laundry mat
5. I know what you mean about a decent dinner, Melissa! We need one too! sandwhiches and scrounging again tonight. it was almost 9pm by the time we got around to eating supper.

oh i forgot to mention today is the last day of school for the kids! they are super happy to be out of school for the summer!
well my sister's guy came down and tried to fix my mower, but notta. it's still in pieces. but he came back with their mower and mowed the yard for me. wouldn't take any money so i stole her kids after i got done at the laundry mat so they can have a little peace and quiet tonight.

Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on May 25 2010 7:27:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  06:20:17 AM  Show Profile
Today's list:

1. Laundry
2. Gardening
3. Gym
4. Post office to get stamps for my Amish recipes so they can get sent out today.
5. Knitting
6. Make Camp list for this weekend

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  06:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Todays list.

1. Milk goats, etc. Done!
2. Make bed. Done!
3. Crochet some dish rags. Finished 6 already.
4. School Done!
5. Science class Done!
6. Tap class today at 7:30 Done!!
7. Pratice guitar
8. Take Shower. Done!!

Hugs!!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)

Edited by - maggie14 on May 25 2010 10:25:35 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic To Do List: Update Yours Today! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page