Page: of 22

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  04:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
My to-do list for Wednesday:

1. This is my long day at work. I have 2 client homes to clean. I never dread Wednesdays and my clients, but today I do. My mind says "yes" but my body is saying "no please don't make me". done
2. My kids have way too easy. So today one of them or maybe two of them are going to learn how to do laundry. hmmm need another chore for the other one. Oh I have one now! Pick up all the sticks and stuff in the yard so I can get it mowed tomorrow. ok didn't get them to do anything but clean their room
3. Finish the bathroom. almost done
4. Work on dolly for swap. don't think i'm gonna get to this one tonight

Tried to make the violet jelly and scewed it all up. Maybe I'll get time to pick more violets in the next couple of days.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 14 2010 6:22:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  12:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Kylie we hav not heard from you did you get those taxes done?

Connie your welcome hope you like the results.

Amy Grace any time I can help let me know. I did not mean to take over.

Melaine I sure know what you mean about that poor body. Mine says that more and more every day.

My today list so far done.

Moved a very large pile of firewood and stacked it before 11 am.

Then Author told me you better stop or you will be sorry for many days to come so I stoped.

Now I am resting still with lots more to do. Life is to short to hurt so I will rest for now.

Started working on Christmas orinaments for the orinament swap. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2010 :  1:16:43 PM  Show Profile
Man, I've been really bad this week about keeping a list up. You ladies are doing awesome! I will be back on task with the list tomorrow. Today I didn't have too much to do other than laundry. I'm getting a bunch of cloth diapers cleaned and ready to ship to Mary for her midwives for Haiti thing she's doing this summer. I am hoping to get my boys' room tackled tonight since I didn't get that done the other day.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  04:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thursday:
So far I have folded a load of jeans and put another load of clothes in the dryer. Washed the dishes from dinner and my failed jelly attempt last night and bagged up the trash.

So for the rest of the day:

1. Clean at the apartments. After that I have a client to clean for. She has a bad habit of cancelling at the last minute. So if she does, I guess I will go start on that trailer the land lady told me about earlier this week. apartments- done, took a look see at the trailer I need to start on- eeewwww. Maybe tomorrow or this weekend. needs lots of trash bags and heavy duty rubber gloves! Client's home- done!
2. Clean the bathtub- yes this is all I have left in the bathroom. then it will be done! well now the kids are taking their baths. maybe when they are done
3. Pick some more violets. And try again violets picked and steeping
4. dinner and dishes dinner is done
5. work on doll

After dinner the kiddos convinced me to go to Tastee Freeze (our ice cream joint that is only open in the warm season), then to the park. When we got home the kids got all of their toys out of the front yard and I drained the oil and old gas out of the mower, put new in and mowed the front yard. Now I'm pootered out and smell like gas and sweat and am really hoping the kids save me a little hot water. LOL

Also in my time between jobs I have hosed the dust and pollen off the car, grabbed a bite for lunch and made a stop at the post office.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 15 2010 6:09:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  08:38:52 AM  Show Profile
OK, I started off the morning at the Gym with Kick Butt, I mean KIck Boxing class. OMGoodness. I'm whooped! Now let's see if I can get up some energy to get anything done today LOL!

1. Laundry
2. Shower - Oohh...after that class, I'm stinky! LOL (sorry...TMI)
3. Go to the garden center if I have time before naps so I can get some stuff to mix in with my compost for my Sq. ft. garden.
4. Work in the garden and on transplanting seedlings.
5. Sweep and mop floors.
6. Clean bathrooms.
7. Date night with hubby! Yay!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  1:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Melanie,
Failed jelly is just syrup make pancakes or waffles.
Connie

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  4:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Connie good save for Melanie's jelly. Sooner or later she will get it. Let us know how it taste and next year I will try it. Never heard of it being used in jellys.

Melanie with all your cleaning you should have the cleanest hands in town. Sounds like the trailor was left in a mess. Some people have nerve.

Siobhan I want to hear about that tub have you got it working as yet.

Well girls my day to day besides meals ans dishes. They don't count they are an everyday thing. I made two areas ready for stacking fire wood then started mulching the flower beds that is going to take some time for I have lots of them and they must be 4 or more inches thick so when I get home in August I will not have a lot of weeding to do. Stopped early tomorrow will be here soon. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  6:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the tip, Connie. Wish I had known that last night. I got so frustrated I pitched the whole batch out the back door. Oh well live and learn, right? The kids and I picked the rest of our violets today after school so we have one more shot.

You know what they say, Lilly- cleaning isn't the cleanest job around. LOL Well they were clean till I worked on the lawn mower earlier.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2010 :  7:53:24 PM  Show Profile
Melanie,
Whenever something doesn't turn out quict right always try and think what could I use this for as in your jelly--syrup, sweetner for tea, ice cream topping etc.
By the way I just love the quote after your name. Good luck with your next batch.
Connie

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  04:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Connie!

My to-do list for Friday:

OH I am so glad it is Friday and I don't have to work anywhere but my house tomorrow! It has been such a crazy busy week. I haven't known if I was coming or going. I don't think it would have been so bad if I hadn't been so scatter-brained to go along with it. I feel a little more like myself again so that's good.

So anyhoo:

1. Apartments of course. hahaha Then I have that grody trailer to start on. The maintenance guy has more work in there than I thought. So I am just going to concentrate on getting the garbage out today. That really shouldn't take long. the apartments are done. I'm starting to come down with matt's awful cough so I have decided that the trailer can wait till next Tuesday. It's not even close to being ready to rent out. The ceiling is caving in in the living room and there are lots of other things torn up too. So I'm sure the land lady is not going to be upset that I'm not going in just yet.

2. Go back to the grocery and pick up some more milk. I just bought two gallons on Monday and they are all gone. Kinda weird how we're like this one week- can't keep milk in the house and the next week we'll have 2-3 gallons sitting there and not touch it. oh crud. i forgot this after work. guess i will have to do it after i get the kids from school.

3. I have been goodwilling and thrifting something awful again! I have just been stashing it everywhere. I really need to put some organization to my crafting clutter. LOL kinda started

4. Make violet jelly. Try. LOL and of course that dolly is still on my list too. jelly is on the counter, lids hopefully sealing. It came out a pinkish color and made about 3 1/2 jars. Appears to be jelly like. So I'm still crossing my fingers to see how it comes out.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day!!
Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 18 2010 08:42:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  07:18:15 AM  Show Profile
Have fun with your violet jelly, Melanie! I had a blast making mine. I put it in little bitty jars and am going to use them in decorating the place settings at our Mother's Day Tea at church in a few weeks. They're so pretty!

For me today:

1. Garden center for gardening supplies.
2. Finish mix for sq. ft. box and put grid on.
3. Library (I get to pick up my reserved copy of MJ's Stitching Room!!!)
4. Laundry
5. I'm sure there's more :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  07:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Melanie is ther anything you do not do. Fixing the lawn mower now. You go girl.

What happened to Sharon has she gotten lost?

Siobhan the small jars to put on the table sounds so nice and crafty. Did your jelly turn out and how is it I must do some. This year to many other things have been on our plate.

So far to day vacuum, mopped, made grocery list, did and hung one load of laundry. Now on the PC. Have a great day all. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  07:40:16 AM  Show Profile
Yes Lilly, my jelly turned out nicely. At first it was VERY pink, but now it's getting a more purplish tint to it. It's a very interesting taste. Very sweet (obviously from all the sugar in it) and has an earthy flower taste to it. Kinda reminds me of a geranium or something. It's yummy! Very different and it sure is pretty.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  11:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan- your jellies sound so pretty!
I stopped in the flea market with my sister and looked around the food booth. I found a couple of jellies I have never heard of before - jalopeno jelly and corn cob jelly. Hmmm I can not do jalopeno's for anything, but I would maybe give the corn cob jelly a try, just to try it. But it din't seem very jelly-fied. Is jelly-fied a word. hahha oh well

Actually Lilly there are a couple of things I don't do. LOL
I don't get on our roof. Tried last summer. Barely made it up the ladder, and couldn't bring myself to move from the ladder to the roof. I was by myself so maybe that had something to do with it. But I'm not really a fan of heights.
I used to change my oil and anti-freeze in my cars, but since I bought a newer model van, I've given that job over to the mechanics.
But everything else I at least try to learn if I don't already know. I suppose that's one good thing that I got from my ex-husband. He fixed all of our stuff himself and because he "insisted" that I sit there and hand tools through the whole ordeal I was kinda made to learn a few things. And I guess it's a good thing as I am super stubborn when it comes to asking for help- I won't ask unless it's super super important.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  4:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Melaine I know what you mean about heights..I hate them too. Some years back I fell off the Ladder 11 ft high. Fell on a sewing machine. I was in the garage. Broke 3 ribs and puntured a lung. DH was on a fishing trip 5 hours away. Have not been on a ladder sence.

If you are by yourself I understand all your trying to do for yourself. I don;t have to and I don;t want to.

Did you do the jelly again? Did it tun out this time?

Today for us it was a family day. So a good day to rest for we were gone almost all day. Lilly

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  08:41:50 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Oh yes Lilly! I tried again on the jelly, Friday night. The recipe called for 1- 3oz pckg of liquid pectin, but it didn't seem like it was going to turn out right so I added another. And wah-lah--- it's jelly! Unfortunately it doesn't taste at all right to me, but I'm down with the crud. Bronchitis I think. BLUCK!!! But my mom said she thinks it tastes good.

Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 18 2010 09:10:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  4:16:12 PM  Show Profile
I hope you will be feeling better soon Melanie! The first time I made Violet Jelly it came out as syrup so I mixed it with lemonade and also added violets and pansies to my ice cubes. A nice treat after a long day's work. I posted a recipe for Vanilla-Pear Jelly in the kitchen under Delicia's jam recipe thread. I also have a Peach-Jalapeno Jam, Raspberry-Jalapeno Jam, and Red Onion Jam recipe if anyone is interested :)

Siobahn, I too have made the little jars for the ladies at church, they love them :) Another Violet recipe you ladies might want to try is Violet Sugar, just wash and dry the petals and add to a jar with sugar. Let sit for about 3 weeks, it's nice in Lady Grey Tea.

Lilly, I'm here!!! Ouch! I am sorry to hear about your fall. I am so afraid of heights too. last year my husband fell off our roof (luckily only single story) he still hurts from it.

Sorry for not checking in girls, my husband had the flu this week and HAD to work so I have been neglecting my duties at home and helping him. Thankfully he is better now and won't need me as often :)

Tomorrow's list:

~Quiet time w/the Lord Done, not a chore a pleasure :) Also prepares me for the day
~Exercise Done
~Make Bread Done - 2 loaves, boy does the house smell good!
~Clean-up gardens My honey left with the rake, I was able to pick up a little
~Laundry 2 loads cmpleted, 1 to go
~Dust and polish furniture
~Correspondence A little bit :)
and..
~Do something fun for me :)

I too am glad that you posted what you did Siobahn. I know that realistically I cannot complete everything but it sure feels good crossing off those that get done and is a motivator

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Apr 19 2010 12:17:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  6:10:21 PM  Show Profile
Sharon, what's the red onion jam like? I have some red onions that I need to get rid of. We really don't like them raw and I don't typically use them much in cooking, but the last time I had a recipe that called for a red onion all I could find at the store was a whole bag. What would I use the red onion jam for?

Lilly, I saw you asked about the tub. I finally got it cleaned out and it's sitting in the garden with a tarp over it for now. I used my friend's metal detector, but never found the fourth foot :( I looked on ebay to see if I could find some replacement feet and I found lots, but they all have different looking tops and I don't know which of them would be compatible with my tub. Then I went to see if I could put the tub up on three of the feet and put a rock under the other, but it almost seemed like the feet I have don't even fit right. Maybe I need to look at the bottom of the tub a little more closely and then look at some of the fittings on the feet on ebay to see if I can find something that looks right. Or just put the thing up on cinderblocks. I'm planning on planting all my herbs around it so it may not really matter what's holding it up off the ground if you can't even see down there.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  6:14:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh Siobhan! You will love it. It has red wine vinegar in it, apple juice, sage and black pepper. I will post the recipe in the 'kitchen'. It is wonderful for gifts and used with cream cheese on crackers, a glaze for roasting chicken, or we sometimes have it on roast beef sandwiches with havarti on grilled sourdough :)

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  05:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Ahhh my to-do list for Monday! I feeling a little better today. Thank you so much for the kind thoughts.
This has been such a crazy bug. Friday started off with a deep, nasty cough that got worse as the day went on. That of course led to the sore throat. Then I ran a low grade fever Friday evening and all day Saturday. Most of Saturday was spent laid up in the bed. Most of yesterday was spent fever free, but as my luck would have it, diarrhea set in. Today no fever so far and no diarrhea. YAY!!! (We celebreate the small things around here. LOL)
So anyhoo yesterday I spent the day lounging around watching tv, which is not like me at all, but was kind of nice. It was chick flick day! I didn't see my guy all weekend. That was my doing though. I told him to stay away from me. He catches every little sniffle that runs through this house.

Today I'm going to get me and my son into see the doc. He started with this whole coughing crud. He only has a cough, but he's had it for a week and it won't break up, so I think I should have him checked out. I have taken the day off work. Then I'm going to work on some swaps and a little laundry. No sense in trying to overdo it, right? heeheehee

Have a wonderful day ladies!

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  05:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Melanie, glad you are feeling better, enjoy your day that is after the dr. visit.
I have already washed a load of clothes and have one more to go, then school work for the boys. Maybe a little reading then some cleaning and before bed I will enjoy some time with my heavenly father getting into his word. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  06:55:48 AM  Show Profile
My list for today:

I've already read my Bible and had "quiet time" for the day. It really helps to start my day off well!

1. Laundry one load in process
2. Post office...a couple packages going out to Mary and a surprise for my "little sister", Channah ;)
3. Gardening
4. Library
5. Clean bathrooms
6. Deep clean kitchen (Fridge and inside cabinets, especially)

I realize all of this is probably not going to get done today, but I will do what I can and the rest will just pass on to the next day's list :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  08:16:24 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan - I so appreciate the last line you wrote, about accepting that things might need to get done tomorrow. Every year I have stressed myself out about my garden, saying things like "I have to get this done today so tomorrow I can....". This year I decided that I would get things done when and as I could - it is so much more enjoyable, and I have made it so gardening is not a chore, which it wasn't to begin with, I just made it that way.
Anyway - I love that you can say that - thank you!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  12:18:48 PM  Show Profile
Melanie, I hope that your son will be feeling better too. And duh! Sorry to post the offer for the Jalapeno Jam recipes, I guess I was thinking that maybe you had not found one that worked for you.

~Sharon

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  8:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
We are on our way to feeling better. Thank you Sharon! Matt and I both saw the doc this afternoon and he informed us that he believes that we both have an upper respiratory infection and that I have a bit of the flu to boot. Gave us both a scrip for some antibiotics and sent us on our way. He is sleeping now. Poor guy didn't sleep worth a hoot last night. Doc also gave us another day off school and work, so the med has time to take affect and we hopefully don't infect everyone else around us. I have been wanting some time off of work. Not quite what I had in mind, but I'll take it.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic To Do List: Update Yours Today! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page