Page: of 22

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  06:15:18 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Our to-do list for today:

1. I need to call a couple of clients later today.
2. I have already done the dishes and so far there is only one load of laundry that needs to be done. That's my cleaning rags for work. No biggie.
3. I really need to finish mowing the lawn. It may just wait. I feel better but I'm still not at 100%. Anyone have a goat I can borrow for a little while? heehee
4. But our main thing today is- Matt and I (since we have the day off together) are going to work on going through some stuff and getting it tagged and ready for a yardsale at my sister's house.
5. and a nap sounds really good today. I haven't slept good the last couple of nights.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  2:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Sorry not in touch with you girls in a while still love to read your input.
Melanie Sorry you have been ill. With all the cleaning you do who knows what germs you run into. Then take them home.
Siobhanglad your still on the tub it will work out soon.
Sharonthanks for all the jelly info.
Amy GraceYou just have a way at making everything sound better.
Well we dh and I have been doing as much business as possible. Yard work, packing and planning that at times I do not know what I am doing. It rained all day but this was the day to wash and wax the camper. Well it got washed all but the roof. Tomorrow the roof and the coating will go on. Then if there is time Amy Gracewe will wax it. The time is moving real fast for us now. I will love the traveling and learning as we go. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  07:47:41 AM  Show Profile
Man, I've gotten really lazy about making my list, which is probably why my house is such a mess right now LOL! I've got a busy weekend ahead as I am attending a Women's Conference through my church tonight through Saturday morning and then church on Sunday, but we've got friends coming over Sunday night for game night, so I need to get my butt in gear and get this house presentable!

1. Laundry
2. Kitchen
3. Sweep floors
4. Tidy up bathrooms
5. Craft room reorganization (YIKES...It's scary in there!)
6. Transplant tomatoes today. They need to go to bigger pots and get ready for hardening off next week.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  10:05:38 AM  Show Profile
Well - today was going to be a garden day but it's a little too wet so inside projects it is:
1. 6 loads laundry (haven't done it in a while - yikes!!)
2. Vacuum living room - done
3. Sweep kitchen and tidy up so I can cook and cut out aprons on the table - done
4. Clean up craft room - mine is scary too Siobhan/Liza-Jane, so much so that I don't want to do any crafts
5. Mail some packages and letters - done
6. Make a cake - my husband very subtly hinted at that last night, hey - I have the day off, I can make a cake. Plus it might use some eggs:)
7. Do some sewing.
8. Oh wait - instead of sewing or gardening I think I will just go ahead and take my last minute genius son into town to put money down on a suit rental for the prom he just decided to go to - no, I'm not bitter, why do you ask? Just kidding, I love him, he just never plans ahead - there was one band concert where I was informed he needed dress pants 3 hours before he needed them - and we live 30 miles from the closest place to buy dress pants. sigh....but he is graduating next year and I will miss him dreadfully!!
I think I'll stop there - if it dries out later I will spread the compost in the beds so I can dig it in tomorrow
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Apr 22 2010 2:21:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  7:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday was my first day back to work since coming down with the crud and I thought I was going to fall over after only working 3 hours. But today was much better! I'm getting my strength back.
So after cleaning the apartments, I trucked on to the grocery and picked up a couple of things I forgot the other day. Once I was back at the house, I put the dog out and had some lunch and worked on the RAOK list.
Then I was back outside to mow the lawn. Oh it was awful! I started on it last week, but hadn't gotten it finished before I came down sick. But it is done now! And it looks so much better! While I was mowing I noticed Caitie's lilac bush has some teeny blooms coming out. We planted it last year. She is so excited!
Then I "thought" I was going to go soak in a hot bath, but the maintenance man for the trailer park showed up before I could get that far. When he came last winter to help me shut the water off due to a frozen water line he found out that my the outlet my heat tape wasn't working. My electrical troubles go much farther than that. Well he came and fixed half of my electrical glitches today!! YAY!! I have an outside light again!!! And all of my outlets in the living room work too! He said he would be back to fix the rest of it soon. I offered to pay him, but he wouldn't take anything. What a good guy! I think I should make him a pie or something. What do you gals think?
And then I got the mail and I got even more wonderful surprises! A lovely RAOK package from Lilly! A spring theme towel to take to wrok with me. No scrubbing allowed with this towel. Just going to use it to dry my hands and wipe the sweat off. And boy it does get hot in those apartment buildings. There's not a lick of a/c in the hallways. Lilly, thank you so much. It is so nice to know that someone is thinking of me while I am scrubbing away. :) Also in the mail box was this big ole' box of yarn from Melissa! I will have lots to keep me busy!
It has been an awesome day! Oh and of course I've done the usual laundry, dinner and dishes. And Caitie asked me to staighten her hair after her bath tonight. So an hour later and that's done too. Now I'm going to go fold a load of clothes and throw the last load into the dryer.

Have a wonderful evening ladies!
Hugs~ Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  7:50:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow, you gals have been busy!!!

Yours truly didn't do anything today. I woke up with a very bad migraine and earache along with jaw pain. I have TMJ and when migraines strike they affect my jaw. I had planned on helping out my husband with his work but it didn't happen.

I did manage to have my prayer time and Bible Study this morning, washed 2 loads of dishes and did a little baking. That's it for me. I am feeling better now so hopefully sleep will get rid of the rest of the pain.

Ladies have a wonderful and productive day tomorrow and Siobhan, have a refreshing and blessed time!

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  08:20:18 AM  Show Profile
well i have been reading all the posts. what busy gals you are. i have been busy planning. the new journey has begun. i seriously packed yesterday. 10 boxes. i cleaned up after. so today i clean house for a client. its always a pleasure. her house is never dirty. then i will vac and mop the house here. cut soap bars, lavendar, choc. make 1 more batch soap, use blower on back patio, take cuttings of trees and start. plant more spring veggies, pet buttercup and check udder. i must say when she goes to pasture i will have a sad heart. she truly enjoys my company and i hers. i will put dinner in before i go to work.i need to organize the bills i cannot pay. i plan on packing more tonight. i emptied the playroom. i am putting full boxes there.i will talk with realtor about off grid props. who knows what time and strength will allow. going to be hot today.yipee hope i can get it done happy days girls sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  10:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
So far today I have cleaned out at the apartments. Big fat check mark on that one! It is done for the week! YAY!! I have the weekend to myself!!!
Anyhoo afterwards I did my banking and went to a yardsale and the goodwill. And stopped at McD's for lunch. I kinda regret that. I sounded good, but really wasn't.

So this is what I have left:
1. Clean out the car done
2. Haul off the trash done
3. Do up a load or two of laundry load in the dryer, load in the washer
4. Mop the kitchen floor done
5. Do some organizing and cleaning in the living room picked most everything up and put it away. still need to dust and run the sweeper
6. Clean the bathroom
7. Work on some projects- mainly my dolls for the dolly swap.

kids are packed for their dad's and just got done with dinner

Hmmm that's kinda a long list. I'll do what I can today and I have the whole weekend to do the rest of it. The kiddos will be going to their dad's tonight and will be home Sunday evening. So I have lots of free time I need to fill up.

Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 23 2010 2:49:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  08:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Well it's quiet at my house. the kids are with thier dad and it's just me, the dog and the housebunny. Oh and No Name, the fish.

So let's see what did I not get done yesterday? The bathroom and the living room and working on some projects. I've been thinking about re-arrangin the living room furniture today. I'm not really sure I want to though. I've got a couple of really heavy pieces and I am just not sure I'm up to scooting those across the room by myself. Maybe I will just dust and call it done.
We have some storms moving in today. Hope it doesn't get too nasty.

Hope you all are having a beasutiful weekend!
Melanie

Go to Top of Page

lulu
True Blue Farmgirl

240 Posts

Connie
Geuda Springs Kansas
USA
240 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2010 :  12:58:19 PM  Show Profile
Melanie,
I use sliders to put under things that are to heavy, they are plastic discs that go under the legs and they let you move some pretty heavy sofa's. We had storms last night that blew things all over the deck. And it looks like it could rain somemore today. The clouds and my knees are a dead give awayfor storms. Today was my day to be at the museum from 10:00 until 2:00 not many people out, the neighboring towns are having city wide garage-sales. Oh well I just visited with the other gal that volunteers her time also. Wil have a quiet time this afternoon and go to the fund raiser supper tonight at the community center, their having stuffed baked potatoes. yum
Connie

LULU

Take care and write soon.

When you wish upon a star...Jiminy Cricket
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  05:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I didn't get much done this weeked. Both Saturday and Sunday when I thought I was going to get going, my finace` showed up moments later. Due to having the crud last weekend, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've seen him soooo.. I would much rather catch up with him.

I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with my list so I'm going to keep it as simple as I can. :)

1. I have 1 client to clean for today DONE
2. grocery shopping DONE
3. finish cleaning the bathroom DONE
4. work on dolls some more been working on them, going to get back at it in a couple of minutes

Wow it has been a good day! I have been working on trying to keep myself motivated. Do you know how long it actually takes to clean a bathroom? Really not that long. I HATE cleaning the bathroom. But it is completely done! Next is dinner and then the dishes, sack up the trash and start a load of laundry. After that I'm going to get back to work on my dollies. I have the skirt for one almost finsished. I'm crocheting this outfit and I'm curious to see how it turns out. Dinner is done. We had enough box tops to get a free pizza so we decided to treat ourselves to that. Dishes are done. Washer is acting stupid and not wanting to wring out the clothes. Very aggravating considering it's only about a year old. And it's not overloaded. Hmmm Maybe I will call the place I got it from and see if they can do anything about it.
Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 26 2010 6:15:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  05:10:16 AM  Show Profile
OK...finally back on task after my busy, busy weekend. List today:

1. Package and mail seeds for Jodi.
2. Gardening
3. Tackle my mess I call a craft room.
4. Maybe a little sewing, maybe not.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  07:33:34 AM  Show Profile
Melanie,

I'm glad that you took it easy this weekend, we all need that especially after being ill.

Siobhan,

How was the conference? I bet you were so refreshed :)

The past few days have been rough on me. I have been dealing with Migraines and was helping Michael out with work so home duties got a little neglected. I did take care of meals though :)

Today:

~Laundry - Done
~Did dishes. Have another load to do, a friend gave me some cool Milk Bottles and Bottles with stoppers to use for Herbal Vinegars and such so those are soaking to get labels off.- Done
~Got correspondence finished for the day, just need to mail it.
~Work on some things for church - Done
~Work on Bible Study - Done
~Make a couple of phone calls - Done
~Clean and decorate

Whatever gets done gets done :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Calicogirl on Apr 28 2010 09:07:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
OH Sharon, I've heard those migraines can be horrible. I've been very blessed to have never had one, but my sister gets them quite often. I hope you are feeling better.

Hugs~ Melanie

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:27:15 AM  Show Profile
Sorry about the headaches, Sharon :( That's miserable. My women's conference was awesome! Except for not being able to sleep on the crummy beds LOL! But somehow I was still refreshed and I have caught up on my sleep and feel great now. Thanks for asking!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  5:54:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm a newbie here...mind if I join in the To Do List posting? I NEED external motivation to get anything done, and haven't found it yet. :-)

Thanks,
Melissa

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  6:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Melissa! You've come to the right place! I just saw your post in the welcome wagon and I thought, "I hope she joins the to do list thread". You'll fit right in with us "scatter-brained-would-rather-be-outside-in-the-garden-or-crafting-than-getting-chores-done" kinda farmgirls. We all need some "external motivation" and that is why we post our lists every day. To hold ourselves a little more accountable to get things done. I very rarely ever finish my list, but I do get a lot more accomplished now that I write it all down and see it every time I come into the farmgirl connection :) It's very helpful!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  10:52:02 PM  Show Profile
All righty then! Thanks for that, Siobhan. So, here's my list for 4-27:

1. Clean bathroom
2. Clean kitchen
3. Shop for mini greenhouse and soil
4. Turn compost (well, the thawed part, anyway!)
5. Gather and enter business receipts (YUCK)
6. Embroider face on new doll, make dress
7. Cut out DS's shirt
8. Clean off dinner table
9. Vacuum
10. 1/2 hour cleaning studio.

Doesn't look like much, written down. We'll see!

Melissa

LOL - figures I'd do the embroidery first! And this list is looking longer this morning...
Ugh - that compost really took it out of me. Might have gotten all of it done if my car hadn't driven me to Joann's, of its own accord. Got some great remnants, for kid and doll clothes, and I actually purchased YARDAGE for myself. New clothes! That aren't t-shirts and sweatpants! Got my greenhouse and put it up, too! Yea! Might still get Boy's shirt cut out tonight, but I'm tired Daughter's got one night left for her library book, too - and four chapters for me to read to her at bedtime. I'm gonna pass out in her room, I think!

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com

Edited by - Butterscotch Grove on Apr 27 2010 8:32:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  04:41:22 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Well yesterday went much better. I feel like I actually got some things accomplished!
So for today:
1. Clean a client's home (this is a catch-up from being down last week) DONE
2. Clean at the apartments (just a spot clean, but with the other makes for an entire day of work.) DONE
3. Dust and declutter living room [blueDONE

4. trip to the Post office(between cleaning jobs) take movies back (on my way to the first job) DONE
5. Work on dolls- I almost have the outfit for one doll finished!

And of course the usual- dinner cooking, dishes and laundry started[/blue]

Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 27 2010 5:00:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  06:16:33 AM  Show Profile
To do today:

1. Get together seeds for Jodi that I never got to yesterday. done
2. Laundry done
3. Sweep and mop floors
4. Deep clean bathrooms
5. Craft room re-organization

Farmgirl Sister #1110

Edited by - clothedinscarlet on Apr 27 2010 2:19:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  07:54:31 AM  Show Profile
Wash 3 loads of clothes-done, sweep and mop kitchen, vacuum, and put up a few more pics-done, then fix supper and who knows what else I will find myself doing. Oh yes I need to get a letter written too! I didnt get everything done on this list but I did get all hubbys pipes that was in the fire cleaned up. So I did accomplish something!

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com

Edited by - Ga Girl on Apr 27 2010 5:07:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  04:39:56 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
To-do list for Wednesday:

1. I have two clients to clean for. DONE
2. Scrubbing down the washer and dryer at home (at the very least the dryer. There is quite a bit of lint building up.)
3. Work on dolls. I got the dress to one of them crocheted last night. It's cute, but it won't fit the doll I have picked out. aaarrrgggg I either have to start over or find a different doll. i started over on the top part of the dress
4. The kids have youth group tonight.DONE
5. Mow the lawn. DONE

I also vaccumed the living room and swept and mopped the kitchen.

And of course dinnerDONE, dishesDONE and laundryDONE.

Melanie

Edited by - melanie47601 on Apr 29 2010 04:45:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  05:48:38 AM  Show Profile
Sweeping the kitchen floor-Done
Now to mop-Done
Wash sheets and comforter-done
Clean bathrooms
Do school with boys-Done
Need to get to letters written
Swept and mopped bathrooms, office and laundry room!-done
Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10

Farmgirl sister #1156
www.KKJD1.etsy.com

Edited by - Ga Girl on Apr 28 2010 10:05:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  07:15:24 AM  Show Profile
1. More laundry
2. Grocery shopping
3. A vocal rehearsal at church since I skipped practice las night with the whole band (I was so hormonal and emotional last night - I feel like my body is having a hard time getting back to normal after having Truman)
4. Library
5. Meet with my knitting group tonight. Tonight is our last meeting and I'm glad. I love knitting and I love getting together with the girls to knit, but I think I need the summer break from it.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page

solilly
True Blue Farmgirl

726 Posts

Lillian
Williamsburg Virginia
USA
726 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  07:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Click to see solilly's MSN Messenger address  Send solilly a Yahoo! Message
Sorry girls I have been busy but not on the site. I have stopped counting the laundry, dishes, mopping or even the vacuuming. It took onr day to really wash the camper, 3 days to wax it and one day to do the treatment on the roof. Now all I have been doing for the most part is weeding, mulching and making mulch. So I just do and don't think it makes it easier. For I do not think I will be able to get it all done before our trip. Because of the weather south and west of us we are in the 40's and 50's today it was in the high 80's oh well it is spring. Hoping all is well with one and all be in touch in time. Lilly

learning the life I always wanted.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic To Do List: Update Yours Today! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page