Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 TOTE SWAP- Watch WooHoo! Applied 4 badge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic TOTE SWAP- Watch WooHoo! Applied 4 badge Next Topic
Page: of 11

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  09:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
I have received mine and its wonderful! Sorry i forgot to post it such a long time ago when i got it :(

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

Check out my ETSY store too! I'm loving it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Claudiascraftshop
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - May 09 2010 :  09:38:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Claudia got you marked as received

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

TwstdStitch
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jean
Pennsylvania
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  7:54:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi...what a great swap !! Are you going to do it again? If so, I'd love to get in on round two :)

Jean
Quilter, knitter, spinner/dyer, veggie gardener and craft-a-holic
Sister #1455
Here's to a simpler way of life !!!
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  8:09:37 PM  Show Profile
Jean I do not think I will be hosting another for awhile but someone working on the expert Shopping Green badge might.

Edited by - EastTXFarmgirl on May 13 2010 8:05:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bag Lady Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Viola
Spearfish South Dakota
USA
130 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  11:39:00 PM  Show Profile
I received my bag from my parter - Linda a few days after my surgery. I received an e-mail from her and she is aware that I received my package. I have e-mailed her to notify her that her package is being mailed this week.

Thank you.

Vi

Quilting in the Black Hills
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  07:12:23 AM  Show Profile
I have you down as tote received Viola. Just trying to get everyone to mail out their totes by the agreed mail by date. We still have about 9 totes not yet received. Is there anyone that has not been in contact with their partner lately? I know that things come up. That is why I did the triple confirmation in the beginning. The deadline is quickly approaching. Please have those totes out by Saturday.

Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  8:05:08 PM  Show Profile
Reminder emails have been sent for uncompleted swaps. Ladies I don't want to sound like I'm harping but please get your totes in the mail by Saturday. Prior to assigning partners I asked each of you to agree to the scheduled dates which each of you did. Please email me immediately if you do not plan to complete the swap so that arrangements can be made for your assigned partner to receive from someone else. I have been in swaps where I did not get a timely return and it makes you feel pretty bad. Some of you have emailed me and your partner that situations came into play and all I ask is that you send as quickly as possible.

Go to Top of Page

Bag Lady Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Viola
Spearfish South Dakota
USA
130 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  9:15:16 PM  Show Profile
Linda:

As I e-mailed you. Per the US Postal Service - your package should arrive on Monday - I mailed it out yesterday 5/12/10.

Vi

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7482 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7482 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  08:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Vi - I love getting squishy packages in the mail. LOL!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

shabby-mama
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Nicola
Fowlerville Mi
USA
45 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  5:23:10 PM  Show Profile
To my swap sisters, Lois and Judy.
Your packages are actually on the way. Phew!!!! Just before deadline. So sorry ladies to be so late getting them in the mail. Hope you like them.
Love Nicola x
Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  7:56:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Anna,
To find the tote do a search "plymouth yarn knit market bag" then look for "fantasy naturale market bag".
I really like this bag because it is all done together, some of the other bags I found you knit pieces then sew them together.
The pattern calls for size US 15 cicular needles, I made one bag that way and it was HUGE but it works great for paper goods
I think I ended up using size US 13 circular and instead of having 100 stitches around I changed it to 72 (I think) I can't find my notes and I've made four bags each one was changed a little. Let me know if you have any problems finding it or questions with it. I'm not an expert knitter but I've made a few things. and I have fun with it.
Liz
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  5:13:57 PM  Show Profile
Please continue to post as you receive your tote. Now that the mail by date has past please include in your post if the package was postmarked by May 15. All totes mailed by today should be received within 7-10 days so I will be drawing a name for the free tote on June 1.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7482 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7482 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  10:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Vi -

I got my two bags and surprises today. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much. I love them both. And the FQ, fabric, recipe cards and doilies are wonderful. Thank you!

I'm also sending you an email.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Bag Lady Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Viola
Spearfish South Dakota
USA
130 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  9:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Linda:

Hey the US Postal Service is on time. Glad you liked all the goodies Farmgirl. The dollies are made by my dear friends Mom - she does beautiful work. I am happy you like the bags. Sorry I took so long. Hope you are doing better. I plan to keep in touch.

Vi

Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  05:55:47 AM  Show Profile
Vi, Thank you so much for the lovely prizes. I loved everything and you did not have to send me anything at all. I hope that you are doing better and I am working on your package and hope to get it out next week.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

Bag Lady Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Viola
Spearfish South Dakota
USA
130 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  08:28:12 AM  Show Profile
Delicia:

I am glad you liked your package. I love my bag with my Farmgirl - name on it. That is my book bag I carry with me anytime I am going some place. You do not need to send anything. When I reeived your package - it made my day. Dealing with surgerys and now radiation - the comunication will be more then enough. It is hard for me that I cannot go 100 miles an hour like I am use to. Yesterday I sewed and it was a good day. I made 13 pillow cases to donate to the Better Homes and Garden - American Patchwork - 1 Milion Pillow Cases Program. So far I have made 35 - my goal is 100. I stay home the majority of the time, so reading, and sewing, spending time with my grandkids (once a week) is what my weeks are made of, plus docotor appointments. So please you do not need to send anything - a card once in a while and to share and get to know each other will be fun.

Vi

Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  11:56:13 AM  Show Profile
Vi, I have seen the advertisement for the pillowcase thing. I am trying to learn to sew but, so far it is slow going for me. I have the hardest time with the patterns. I think I rip out about 50 times on each item that I make. I am glad that you had a good day yesterday. What kind of books do you like to read? How old are your grandchildren? Do they live close to you?

delicia
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  8:28:10 PM  Show Profile
I received an email from necobia/Lois today that she has received totes from both her partners and that her's have been mailed to them. We still have a few others waiting on totes. Has anyone heard from Laurie Rae? sassycasie/Casie is her partner and both Casie and I have been unable to contact her. She was very enthusiastic in the confirmation emails and stated that she had her tote ready to send but has not been heard from since.

Thank you to everyone that participated in the swap. I enjoyed it and hope you did too. As soon as the remaining totes are received I will be applying for my expert shopping green badge. Thank you for helping me earn the badge. Be sure to check this thread June 1st to find out who the winner of the free tote drawing is.

Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  1:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, ya'll. I received my package from Nicola today and have been doing my happy dance ever since. Thank you,thank you, thank you a zillion times. Nicola, you are so creative and talented. I love all my goodies. I've been showing them off and had everyone oohing and aahing and wanting to know where I got my stuff. Not only did I get two totes, but a really cute clothes pin bag too. This was my first swap and it's been wonderful. I'm going to attempt to get pictures on here because these are just too cute not to show off.

Judy

"Speak your mind and ride a fast horse"
Go to Top of Page

Bag Lady Diva
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

Viola
Spearfish South Dakota
USA
130 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  8:52:22 PM  Show Profile
Delicia:

Well my grandaughter turned 3 yesterday. My grandson will be one next month. They live in town, so they come out and spend a day with us weekly.

Books - I am ready The Elm Creek Quilts novels. This is going to sound funny but I buy and read stories that includes words pertaining to sewing, quilting, threads, ie The Healing Quilt. I like to collect books. I always go to second hand stores, garage sales, I collect hardback books in good condition.

I collect cookbooks, sewing books, bottom line - I like books.

I should send you the free pattern I got at one of the quilt shops - to use for the pillow case project.

What colors do you like - enjoy your day.

Vi

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7482 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7482 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  9:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I love the Elm Creek Quilts novels. I've read all but the last, I think. There are several mystery series based on quilt blocks, too, like the Benni Harper series by Earlene Fowler. I have enjoyed all of them.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

shabby-mama
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Nicola
Fowlerville Mi
USA
45 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  6:42:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy,
I am so glad you were happy with your totes :). I got the idea for the peg bag on here somewhere but they used baby dresses. I am really sorry that I had such a hard time getting to post this off to you. These swaps are so much fun.
Nicola
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - May 21 2010 :  05:36:37 AM  Show Profile
Nicola,

The time was not a problem. Besides, you made the deadline and it was worth waiting for.

Judy

"Speak your mind and ride a fast horse"
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  09:38:44 AM  Show Profile
Just a couple of more totes needed to be received. Please post as soon as you receive your tote to let you partner know you have it.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Jane
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Alberta Jane
Canonsburg Pennsylvania
USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  10:18:52 AM  Show Profile
received

Lady Jane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic TOTE SWAP- Watch WooHoo! Applied 4 badge Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page