Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Horsey crafts Next Topic  

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:16:06 PM  Show Profile
If you love horses, please check out my blog for a craft project that I made. Also a picture of my Amish buggy for model horses. I collected models when I was young because I couldn't have a real horse. i still can't afford a real horse so I guess this is my substitute addiction. Hope you enjoy it!
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  07:04:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cindy, the bit idea is really neat. I used to collect horses when I was little also. I finally did get a horse when I married my husband. He promised me a horse if I married him--so I did and I still have horses. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  6:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Hmm..the ole "promise her a horse and she'll marry me" trick LOL. Not a bad deal! I've volunteered for some therapuetic horsemanship programs but my current work schedule doesn't allow it. If I could have a horse, I'd like to get a mini. I don't mind that I couldn't ride it since I'm not a very good rider. I just think they're so darn cute!
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Go to Top of Page

Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Anne
Wisconsin
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  6:39:47 PM  Show Profile
If you really want horses never give up. I didn't get my first horse until I was 38.
Volunteered with a therapy program and volunteered for a Standardbred rescue for a few years before. Then got paid at the rescue.
After a few years with riding horses we discovered minis and were hooked. We've been showing and raising minis for 10 years now.
It's just wonderful, a lot of work and a lot of fun.
We've definitely found our niche with the minis.
We are down to 15 right now with 2 foals due next month.
Anne

"Bless the beasts and the children, for in this world they have no voice, they have no choice...."

website havencroft@havencroftminis.com
Go to Top of Page

simplecomfort
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Tawnya
Rural Orrick Mo
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  8:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Send simplecomfort an AOL message
yes, i too always wanted a horse. i got my first horse, chloe about 5 years ago at age 40 and then advertised for any unwanted ones. thats when my rescue, giddyup horse rescue, got started. i had 12 at one time and even delivered a foal from a rescue. i now have 4 that are home forever and love it. who would of thought that that dream would turn into reality

"Thank God I'm a country girl"
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  9:01:40 PM  Show Profile
Anne--speaking of minis, there is someone in the St. Louis area who has the smallest mini on record. She's so small that her owner can hold her like a (large)lap dog. I've read about people who've trained minis to be service animals, the horses wear special boots so they can walk indoors without marring the floor. I think a mini would be great for nursing home visits since they're so approachable. someday I hope to have some land in the country. then I can get some alpacas and a mini horse and/or donkey. What part of Wisconsin are you in? I'm in the southwest central part of Illinois. Would love to see pics. of the foals when they're born.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Go to Top of Page

Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Anne
Wisconsin
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  06:29:50 AM  Show Profile
Prairiehawk
We are in southwest Wisconsin,
yep minis have been trained as "therapy" animals for nursing home visits, etc.
They do have a way of making people smaile.
The foals will arrive in April and I will put up pictures.
Last year we had 4 but as we are cutting back only two for this year.
Wish us a happy healthy foaling season!
Anne

"Bless the beasts and the children, for in this world they have no voice, they have no choice...."

website havencroft@havencroftminis.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  07:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I agree with the never give up on the Horse dream sentiment! We are still relatively young (Husband turns 30 this year and I am 2 years younger). We just got my horse this last July. She is a perfect dream come true. A true sweetheart. Even though we are paying off debt in pretty decent chuncks each month we are managing to squeak the boarding fee through too. I must say that having her has been the best emotional therapy I could ever ask for. Stressed? I just head to the barn!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Horsey crafts Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page