Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Not your regular flylady thread...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Not your regular flylady thread... Next Topic  

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  10:34:18 AM  Show Profile
I know we have a few flylady threads, but, do we have one that people post to to tell their accomplishments with it? I'd love to have a thread to post to when I've done my Kelly's Missions, or my 15 minutes of decluttering, or when I've shined my sink extra shiny!

Thie week we're in the office and main bath!!!!!

What are you guys doing today?

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
www.cattleandcupcakes.blogspot.com

Edited by - walkinwalkoutcattle on Mar 17 2010 1:52:31 PM

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  11:38:26 AM  Show Profile
organizing my scrapbooking stuff....I set my timer for 30 minutes a day...otherwise I find all of the scrapbooking stuff too overwhelming

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  11:52:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh good for you! My scrapbooking stuff is upstairs, have yet to get to it. My upstairs is my "storage" area, and when it gets warmer, I'll add it to my zone list!

Starbucks and sushi to green fried tomatoes and corn pudding-I wouldn't change it for the world.
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  4:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey Megan!

Is it snowing in Paint Lick today? And have you heard that it is supposed to be fairly warm this weekend here in KY...As for me I am cooking supper and trying to get rid of some things that I don't need anymore. Need to make a trip to Goodwill to get rid of some of my sons clothes that he has outgrown...and looking forward to the weekend where my DH and I can get outside and take care of a lot of things that need taking care of...

Smiles...

Love like there is no tomorrow...

"Country Girl at Heart"...
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  05:08:03 AM  Show Profile
Nopers! No snow here. What goodwill do you go to? The one in Richmond is AWESOME.

If it IS suppossed to be warm this weekend, we'll be working in the greenhouse! My husband's family owns a seed company (tobacco) and we need to re-do the greenhouse. I always ask for a few square feet of floater space to keep my seedlings in.

The seeding company is already out seeding other people's greenhouses, but we've still got to re-do our own. We're totally gutting it and putting new plastic on it, along with a new heater.

For today, I've got to sweep those ucky cobwebs that have gathered on my front porch. I've actually got TWO front porches. One which we don't use during the winter months, since it's steps down to a lawn (REALLY MUDDY); and a side porch which we use that's screened in, and there's a concrete walkway to the cistern. I need to tackle BOTH of those with my broom to get the cobwebs off. I also need to fold laundry and bake my bread that's been rising. Today's going to be a busy day! But, I did do my swish and swipe today so my DH has a nice clean bathroom to use.

Come on ladies! Tell me what you've been decluttering!

Go to Top of Page

phonelady
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

Carla
Loveland Colorado
323 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  7:13:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! I am trying to get all the genealogy paperwork up off the living room floor and get the books and fabric bits out of here!
I am the worst for putting things down and just leaving them there. It’s like they become invisible if I don’t put them away or out with the rubbish or wherever they are supposed to go. Currently, the coffee table has grown fabric scraps and the garden journal pieces and whatnot.
Have to get that all cleared out by this evening.
The kitchen is neat and tidy though. I’ve gotten’ good at putting pots and pans back where they belong instead of piling then on the counter “near” the cabnit where they belong…
Smiles!
Carla

It's not just Life-
It's an Adventure!
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  04:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm working on my clutter too!! I'm working on draggin more into the house! Hahahahhaha I usually only make a stop at Goodwill on Monday afternoons. The kids went to Youth Group last night and I needed to kill an hour. So I decided I would "just browse" at the Goodwill. Well browsing turned into buying and now there's a big bag of stuff sitting next to my desk. I did get some really cute stuff though. Excuses, excuses. LOL

I just don't know where you girls get your get-up-and-go. If any of you have some extra, will you please send it my way?

Have a lovely day!
Melanie
farmgirl #1190

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  05:03:42 AM  Show Profile
It seems like I've got so many projects going, that by the time I get one cleared up there's another mounting up. It's a no win situation around here sometimes.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  08:02:04 AM  Show Profile
I hear you! I've still got moving stuff upstairs (in boxes!) which I'm DREADING. That's my spring project. But, 15 minutes at a time, I'll get it done. My DH is building some shelves for me to put those dreaded cookbooks on, and I cleaned out one cupboard yesterday night. I didn't get to sweeping the porch yesterday. I did straighten it up, but I didn't get to sweeping it. That'll be today. I DID have to do an extra load of laundry, since when I went to feed cattle, I fell in the cow poop mud! LOL!

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  09:00:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh Megan thank God for washing machine's!!!

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  09:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Well my second job called off this aftenoon, so I am home. I have put the dogs outside since it's sunny and 45 degrees. Yay Spring is coming!!! Anyhoo since they are outside I have no excuse!

I second the amen for washing machines, Megan! Something similar happened to my daughter the other day, but she landed in doggy doo.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  1:58:21 PM  Show Profile
hahaha. My wonderful DH also happened to take a picture of me (Two, actually) before saving me, and thoughtfully posted them on Facebook. LOL.

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  6:38:58 PM  Show Profile
I didn't get any of my goals done tonight besides shining my sink. As soon as I got home, DH needed cattle sorted and loaded, then taken to the stockyards-we didn't get home till 9, and since I get up at 5, I need my 8 hours! LOL.

Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2010 :  6:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I didn't shine my sink either. I really thought I would get to it. I was doing so good earlier too. I cleaned my front porch and my entrance area. That wasn't hard because they're really small areas, so I moved to the dining room and I got half of it cleaned good. Then I had to get the kids from school and the phone started ringing and dinner was cooking and I guess that was the end of my cleaning spree. But I also did other little chores like get the trash out, a few loads of laundry and dishes are washed up.

Tonight I think I'm going to sit in bed and write a couple of letters and try to get to sleep before 10 and hope that Danny will let me sleep till 5:30.

Have a good night!
Melanie

Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  7:58:20 PM  Show Profile
Today was another loser day for me! my friend had a baby, so we were at the hospital until just now. Just enough time to shine my sink, lay out my clothes, and hit the hay.

Go to Top of Page

FaziFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Jane
Fort Worth TX
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  3:58:52 PM  Show Profile
I scrapbook too. I finally bought a cabinet from IKEA with glass doors which holds all my albums (12x12) and leaves room for plenty more. Now I can access my albums as I want and they are safe from little gross dirty hands.

quote:
Originally posted by mellaisbella

organizing my scrapbooking stuff....I set my timer for 30 minutes a day...otherwise I find all of the scrapbooking stuff too overwhelming

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

FaziFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Jane
Fort Worth TX
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  4:09:05 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to say I got a hoot out of your experience with the auction...too funny!

quote:
Originally posted by walkinwalkoutcattle

Today was another loser day for me! my friend had a baby, so we were at the hospital until just now. Just enough time to shine my sink, lay out my clothes, and hit the hay.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

walkinwalkoutcattle
True Blue Farmgirl

1675 Posts

Megan
Paint Lick KY
USA
1675 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  1:51:21 PM  Show Profile
Thank you! I've got another doozy I need to blog about. I dropped my ONLY SET OF keys down the elevator shaft at work! The maintenance crew had to get the elevator crew to come out and get my keys. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

Anyway, tonight I will be doing Kelly's mission from Monday. I really need to declutter my bathroom cabinet!

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Not your regular flylady thread... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page