Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 What do you recommend for my husband?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic What do you recommend for my husband? Next Topic  

coconutcakes
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Emily
Summerfield NC
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  6:28:31 PM  Show Profile
My husband loves to do mountaineering, backpacking, adventuring of all kinds. He is a terrible in-the-house cook, but does okay out in the wilderness. Actually, he fixes mostly bland things that to me wouldn't sustain me for 24 hours! He talks mostly about this thing they do called "The Big Gulp" where they try to finish off even the last dregs of oatmeal, hot chocolate residue, whatever by adding hot water to the mug they've just ate/drank out of in order to get rid of any trace of food (animal precautions) and clean their dish(es). Then they drink the weird hot water concoction as fast as they can. Sounds really gross to me.

Anyways, he's got a big mountaineering trip planned in late June. I'm sure, if I was there cooking for him, he'd love something tastier than what he normally cooks for himself. We've never tried MaryJane's products for backpacking, so what would you recommend starting with for one person (a man who does like spicy foods) who doesn't cook that well and likes convenience?

I think I'm going to surprise him before he goes on his trip with some new food. I guess I'll have to let him try it at home first!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Emily

"After a long period abroad nothing could make me more homesick or emotional than an American magazine ad of a luscious layer cake, except one, and that was a pictured lemon pie." Irma Rombauer, Joy of Cooking (1943)

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2006 :  6:36:19 PM  Show Profile
The "Organic Hot n' Creamy Cereal" is my favorite. I think I could eat it every morning for breakfast - camping or not!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  09:07:39 AM  Show Profile
Also - the bars are WONDERFUL - ALL of them!!!! They would be a really handy thing to have and take along...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic What do you recommend for my husband? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page