Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Are these the same products?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Are these the same products? Next Topic  

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  09:03:13 AM  Show Profile
I've been able to get organic items in bulk from my health food store for the last 15 years that seem exactly the same as MJ's, such as the corn and black bean chowder, black bean flakes, pinto bean flakes, black bean hummus, and felafel mix. Are these the same products? They taste the same to me. Or does MJ make her own out mixes from scratch there at the farm.

Although I like the serving sizes and packets (ahhh, neat and tidy!) that MJ has to offer, the bulk items I've been getting for years only cost about $3 a pound (18 cents per ounce). MJ's cost double that to over $1 per ounce. I don't mind paying more for something worth more, but can someone tell me the difference? Is the high price due to packaging maybe?

Thanks, in advance, for the product info.

Allison, the frugal housewife
(sorry to be so blunt but we only make about $30K a year and I like to choose my purchases carefully)

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  1:38:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Allison.
Those products you were getting in your health food store could well be our products -- we sell bulk to lots of health food stores and co-ops. You can also buy our products in bulk retail -- we have a handy 3-lb. bulk bag that gets your cost down if you're not depending on the cook-in-the-package convenience of our packaged foods (essential for backpacking and other times when you can't use indoor cooking appliances). And we do make our own mixes from scratch right here at the farm -- all from MJ's own recipes.

Thanks Allison, and don't hestitate to ask any other questions you might have about our products!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  4:11:27 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for answering. I will ask the co-op about who they are getting their bulk items from and let them know about you guys if it's not MJ. I'd love to be able to buy things like the bread mixes bulk locally, too, just because I like to support local business.

Enjoy Spring!
Allison
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Are these the same products? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page