Page: of 2

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  4:22:24 PM  Show Profile
I use a wet pail. Its a 5 gallon pail I bought from the bakery. Use to contain apple pie filling....hee hee....

I keep it 1/2 full of water with some 7th gen bleach and borax. I also have a handheld Bidet attached to the toilet tank. I swear I don't know how I cloth diped Grace without this thing!! IT's amazing...NO DUNKING THE POOPY DIPES!!!!

I wash every 4-5 days because my bucket is big and Zoe pees a lot. I treat stains *NOW* with Kirks Castile (used Fels until I learned more about it....ew ew ew.)

And I have to concurr....cloth dipes smell a lot less worse than disposables...Our house does not wreek of baby stink like a lot of people's do.

When I wash, I throw them all in with about half of the water thats in the bucket (The rest is just flushed) and I use 7th gen soap and bleach, then depending on the day, I dry them on the line or the dryer. DON'T USE FABRIC SOFTENER!!! It takes away fromtheir wicking ability as well as their absorbtion ability.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  4:38:48 PM  Show Profile
Where in Minnesota, Tasha-Rose? Thanks for the tips! We thought about the bidet on the toilet but wondered how we'd keep our (eventual) toddler from playing with it!

Catherine

* Proud wife of Dan * Jackson's Mom * Still missing Lucy the Cat... *
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  7:29:28 PM  Show Profile
For some wipes, I cut up hubbie's old white undershirts that are just plain cotton. When he has some undershirts that are old and stained, I cut them up into squares. The cotton is old, soft and broken in. I will order some flannel ones though. Or maybe I can go to a second hand store and pick up a few old shirts to cut up. It would be okay to do that wouldn't it?
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  8:46:19 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely! I just ordered the wipes with the diapers because it was easiest for me at the time. But I've since thought of making more from lots of different types of "leftover" fabrics around the house. I just don't like using those store-bought wipes. We have some of the Seventh Generation ones for diaper changes out in public where water isn't available, but I much prefer using a cloth just wet with water. It's better for their bums. (Our doc told us to stay away from those until he's much older, and we're listening!)

* Proud wife of Dan * Jackson's Mom * Still missing Lucy the Cat... *
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2006 :  9:26:56 PM  Show Profile
I have a 4 year old and she never messes witht he bidet....

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2006 :  09:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies, Kate here, for some reason I couldn't log on, so I had to create my new "identity" but I am the topic starter.
I wanted to share a website I found, www.greenmountaindiapers.com, they are so great. Call them. All of you mama's that are trying cloth for the first time, they are great.

I just bought some of the kissaluvs fitted diapers off ebay, and I love them! They are are so soft, and the colors are cute. I have been using them without a cover at home, so Emme's bum can breathe! Check em out.
Kate Talley
Go to Top of Page

revellry
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

1 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2006 :  11:35:07 AM  Show Profile
!
[
quote]Originally posted by abbasgurl

Are "rainbow" diapers still around? They were a flat diaper-no folds, but contoured. I never had any problem drying them! :)

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
[/quote]

I used rainbow diapers and loved them - just looked at the site I bought some of them at and couldn't find them. Potty training is finally done here, so I'll probably put mine up on e-bay - you do see them come up on there from time to time. Hope that is helpful
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  2:30:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey,
I just found a store on ebay, that will sell 3 dozen Diper Service Quality DSQ prefolds, for $28, that is a great deal...
If any of you fellow cloth diapering mama's need some new ones, I don't think you can beat this price, on line or anywhere else.
alpinesilverleaf is the name of the online store.
Kate
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Cloth Diapers Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page