Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 I've been making my 2 year old CRAZY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic I've been making my 2 year old CRAZY Next Topic  

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  08:27:24 AM  Show Profile
Ever since we moved into this apartment Kaylee has been scared of her room at night. Kept claiming there was a spiderman under her sisters bed. Her cousin who is 4 LOVES Spiderman so I figured it was something she got by hanging out in his room or something.. so EVERY night before bed we look under there and assure her there is NO spider man under her bed.. then we turn off the light and the yelling starts.. Mom! Mom! Baddreams! Spiderman! We have been soothing about it, we've pretended to scare spiderman away, tell spiderman to go away and let her sleep, I've been sleeping in her room with her off and on, we have gotten mad and told her to knock it off, we have pulled her into our room to sleep with is, and just ignored her.. every time it's the same thing, nothing made her give this spiderman thing up!

Today I went to see where she was and she was on the floor with her legs sticking out from under her sisters bed, I asked what she was doing and she said Spiderman was stuck under there. I asked her what spider man looks like and she said he was green. I said "I thought Spiderman was red!!" She said "no.. like planets" (she has glowing planets on her lampshade) so then I was intrigued! I pulled the bed away from the wall and low and behold, there was an ugly scary looking glow in the dark skull head with these grabby spread out fingers.. (It came out of the candy dish because we ended up with it trick or treating last year) It was wedged between her sisters bed leg and the wall in such a way that when the lights are on you don't really see it because it's white, but when the lights are off and you look down the crack you can see him glaring up between the bed and the wall!

Poor little kid! THAT was her spiderman, and he really was a creepy thing to have looking up at you every night! I removed him and told her that she was right there really WAS a spiderman but he really was gone now so not to worry!

I am not sure how he made it from the candy dish all the way to under their beds, but at least we know that bedtime is going to be a whole lot simpler! After telling her that there wasn't there for 5 months I'm suprised she believes anything we say!

Guess the Boogyman can be more real than we think!

B.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  08:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
It is amazing sometimes we think it is our imagination and sometimes it is real and in this case it is both. Glad she will have good dreams from now on.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  6:12:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! Poor kiddo! I was not expecting this tale to end with a REAL Spiderman! How funny kids are-and how quick we are to dismiss them, huh? Been there!
When my oldest was 5 he had quite an imagination. He made serious claims that hungry wolves were riding in on the freight train that passed near the house, climbing onto the porch roof and leering at him as he tried to fall asleep at night. After threats, bribes and "just ignoring it"... we finally happened on an amazing product. "Wolf Away" spray came in a simple plastic spray bottle, looked alot like tap water, but was "guaranteed" to keep those pesky wolves at bay when sprayed liberally around the parameter of a room. Worked like a charm! I recommend it to all parents of small children. Similar products such as "Monster Away" and "Boogey-Man Away" are just as effective. :)
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  6:16:23 PM  Show Profile
We tried that with the Spiderman!!! unfortunatly I doubt she has much faith in that spray now!

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  6:49:39 PM  Show Profile
oh my goodness, you had me laughing out loud at this. poor kid. she knew she was right, had been for 5 months..only she had his name wrong! now you just wait til she is in her teens, she'll say "mom I am right and you were sooo wrong!" LOL ..just you wait! LOL it'll come back at ya LOL (joking of course here) but that is funny. glad it had a happy ending and hopefully she'll be back to sweet dreams again.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2006 :  7:44:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh- Don't you hate when things like that happen? You know that years from now this will be a funny memory for all of you!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2006 :  4:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh Tina I know.. That one is a tough cookie, and I am sure this isn't the end of it!!

When she was under the bed huffing and puffing trying to yank him out from behind there, it gave the impression of: "OK if mom and dad can't get the job done, I'm going to handle this myself!" I guess if nothing else it is a testiment to how strong that kid is, because scared of it or not, she was fed up, and it had to go NOW!

B.

Edited by - Whimsy_girl on Jul 11 2006 4:09:13 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic I've been making my 2 year old CRAZY Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page