Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  03:31:17 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone ever had their appendix removed?

I woke up lat night w/ a terrible stabbing pain in the lower right front side. Kind of similar to a bad folicle bursting but more sharp and very localized

It eventually went away...just a huge gas bubble from vegitable soup yesterday . Thank goodness!

But it got me to thinking .....when you are stubborn and think you can work through pain, at what point do you give it up and make a trip to the e/r.

My mom had her appendix taken out, but I was about 6 and don't remember much

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  10:48:29 AM  Show Profile
When I had appendicitis many years ago, it started like a bad pain in my side similar to what you described. However it got worse over the course of a day (this was on a friday) then the next day I was sore but not so bad so I figured it was just a bug or something. The next evening, it flared up again with a vengence and I ended up having surgery at 1 AM. I almost waited too long. I was only 17 at the time and I got out of the hospital on my 18 birthday.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  11:17:53 AM  Show Profile
I had my appendix out in my early 20's. I felt a bit nauseous in the morning and a little achy.
It didn't seem like anything I had experienced though so I went in to the doctor and he said it could be appendicitis, but to go on home and see how I felt later. I didn't have a lot of pain, but there was rebound pain, you push on the spot and it hurts more when you let go. I went back late afternoon and they removed the appendix within an hour or two.
That work through pain stuff can be very foolish. My mom didn't want to "bother the doctor" if it wasn't anything serious, and ended up having to be carried out of the house when her appendix actually burst and she was laid up for quite a while.

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  05:18:27 AM  Show Profile
I had my appendix out just the past April. My pain was in the gall bladder area. I thought it was just something I ate. That evening I was getting ready for bed and the pain became severe and went to the er and right in to surgery. Dr said sometimes appendix and gall bladder mimic each other. So if this occurs again, your gall bladder may need to be checked.

Blessings, Brenda
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic apendicitis Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page