Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Big big news!!! It's about Sadie!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Big big news!!! It's about Sadie!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Ladies, at 10:00 this Saturday night I went out to my goat shed to give them some hay and guess what?? My little Sadie gave birth to a beautiful and health baby girl!! Everything went so well!! Ok, here is the whole story. I was sitting on the couch crocheting and it was about 10:00. I was going over in my mind weather I should go out and check my goats and give them some more hay. So after thinking for a bit I got Terrah my sister to come out with me and get some more hay out of our other shed as we had none in the loft. So we go out there and Terrah is carring the hay and I shine the flashlight in and there on the ground is this little baby goat, so at first I just stand there and think I am seeing things or going nuts! I was already really tired so I thought I was seeing things! So then I finally wake up and get to work cleaning the mouth and nose and wipping it off. it was really cold so not thinking I wrap my best coat around it! Sadie meanwhile was crying so I told Terrah to go get dad ( I prayed so hard that if Sadie has her baby that dad would be here to help me, and he was!!! ) So we get a boxs ready for The baby we bring it inside and it feel right asleep! Sorry there is so much to tell but I should close. To sum it all up mom and baby are doing great!! Sadie is doing great and eating! The baby is so small and perfect! She is black like her daddy with white spots on its back, she has her moms cute little face, and let me tell you there is no problem with her lungs! She is a sweetheart! I want to thank you all so much for your prayers!! God truly took care of my two babies!! I cryed and cryed thanking god for being with my little sadie and her baby! We are having a little trouble feeding her but are getting stuff into her! I so wish I could post a picture of her!! And tonight I saw how much Sadie really needed me!! She would go nuts after I left her to go up in the house and make sure the babies was alright! My dad milked her while I talked to her and told her what a wonderful job she did! I am so happy!! So tonight I will be up feeding this little one. It was so cold outside that we brought the baby inside to sleep by the fire! Right now she is out like a light! I will try and post as much as I can! My whole world just changed! Me and Sadie are both Happy Moms!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  04:46:51 AM  Show Profile
I'm so excited for you!!!! Congrats to you and Sadie. You have started a whole new life adventure, ENJOY!

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  05:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Congrats! I am so happy for you! Can ya show us some pics???? please!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Jesus is a feminist.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  05:20:24 AM  Show Profile
Well. see? She did just fine and no worries at all. Good for Sadie.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  05:31:54 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I enjoyed reading the whole story.
:-)

Linda in Scranton, PA

Jesus is a feminist.
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  06:34:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh I am so happy for you and Sadie.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  07:21:31 AM  Show Profile
Great news!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  07:31:12 AM  Show Profile
that is so great. i am wishing i was there, then i could rub that soft new fur on my cheek and smile as i get cozy inside. good for you and sadie. i wish i could do pics too. i know there is a tutorial i need to do it. so happy days on your farm sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  07:33:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's great- So are you bottle rearing the baby or is she going to stay out with her mom?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  07:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all so much!! I really wish I could post pictures but sadly I can't.

Alee, I am bottle feeding her because she won't nurse from her mom.

I will keep you all updated soon!! Right now I a little tired as I spent the whole night up with her while everyone was sleeping. I enjoyed it so much though! I think we might call her Ebony or Maggie.

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  08:08:16 AM  Show Profile
Congrat's on the birth and see everything went just fine. I must say my Ebony and Maggie would love to have another name sake in the world. My Maggie Saturday gave birth two twins - a boy and girl. No names yet just pounching healthy sweethearts.

Enjoy the little one and remember we get cat naps where we can.
Blessings

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  08:18:59 AM  Show Profile
...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Channah! That is wonderful! Does that make you a Nana? (giggles)
Congrats!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Laur
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Laurie
Boonville MO
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  08:45:29 AM  Show Profile
Sooo happy for you Channah, I was thinking about you while I was working in the barn at the dairy, hoping all came out fine and how perfect; you got a little doeling too! Congrats:)! Laurie
Go to Top of Page

Species
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Jan
CT
29 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  08:47:57 AM  Show Profile
Channah, that's great news. I'm so happy that everything went well for all. Enjoy this time! jan

"Getting old aint for sissies" Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  09:24:00 AM  Show Profile
congrats on new baby. Glad Mom and baby are fine. Vicki
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  10:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh, thank you all so much!!!

Karrieann, yes I guess it does make me a Nana!! (giggles too)

Her name is Ebony Jane. What do you all think of that?

If it would not be too much trouble could someone post a picture of her if I send it to you by e-mail??

Yes, mom and baby are doing well!! Thank you all again for your prayers and thoughts towards me and Sadie and Ebony Jane!

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  10:43:05 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad everything turned out fine. Aren't babies fun? I think Ebony Jane is a great name. Hang in there and rest when you can!

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  10:50:10 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sheri, babies are so much fun!!! Right now I am running on pure addrinalin ( I don't think that is spelled right. I am just to excited about the baby!!)

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  11:01:05 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Channah!!! Don't forget to take care of yourself too. Looking forward to the pictures.

Hugs to you, Sadie, and Ebony Jane.
Sharlet

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  11:08:33 AM  Show Profile
Its so much fun to read your story and feel some of the excitement you are feeling. Congratualtions!

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  11:16:22 AM  Show Profile
Awweee that is so awesome!! I am so glad everything went well and that your dad was home

~Kayce~

Check out PenPals for FarmKids http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38599
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Channah:
I could read your happiness and excitement. How wonderful. I'm happy all went well for you and Sadie and the baby. Send me the picture in an email, I'll see if I can post it to the site. I'm so happy for you! Hugs to the new baby. Keep us posted on her progress.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Sharlet, Susan, Kayce and Marly!!! I found out the meaning of her name!! Here it is.

Ebony means- From The Black Wood

Jane means- The Lord is Gracious

So putting that together it is----- From the black wood, the lord is gracious. I think it is so pretty!! What do you all think?

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

Chives
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Victoria
Shelton Washington
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:32:12 PM  Show Profile
It is the perfect name for your baby. How exciting for you. Vicki
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:37:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Vicki, can you see me jumping up and down?!?! That is what I am doing right now!! The good Lord took care of everything!! He had it all under control!! I feel so truly blessed!!

I would also like to give a big THANK YOU, to the ladies who have helped me get ready for this baby!! I really could not have done it without you!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

Marly, I will send you pictures as soon as I can!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

farm~maid
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Christine
IN
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  1:57:08 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited for you. Glad all is well with the goats. I hope you do share pictures. Nothing is sweeter than a baby!

Christine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Big big news!!! It's about Sadie!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page