Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Big big news!!! It's about Sadie!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Big big news!!! It's about Sadie!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  2:10:07 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the birth of Ebony Jane. Take care of you and Sadie as well as the baby.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  3:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Christine and Beth!! I e-mailed Marly the pictures so hopefully she will be able to post them!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  5:37:46 PM  Show Profile
What wonderful news! It just made my day to read about Sadie and Ebony Jane. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  8:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
That is so awesome I am glad things are all ok----
Betty jo

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

miraclewelsh
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Samantha
Northern Wisconsin
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  8:50:39 PM  Show Profile
Channah, I'm so happy to hear your wonderful news!!! Congratulations on Ebony Jane's arrival--I saw her photo and she's just darling! Very excited for you--enjoy her!! Thank you for sharing your story. :-)

Samantha

Miracle Welsh Mountain Ponies

http://www.miraclewelsh.com
http://www.foxhillphoto.blogspot.com
http://www.howtoraiserabbits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  08:21:02 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Cindy, Betty, and Samantha! She is a keeper!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  12:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Well I decided to let Sadie nurse her baby. I feel that it is the right thing to do. She is such a good mom and very caring and gentle with her baby! I was having a really hard time trying to feed the baby because she would not eat out of a bottle. So on day 2 I thought maybe she would nurse from her mom. It worked!! You just can't replace and mom with a nipple! :) She is a happy little girl now and so is Sadie!! They are so fun to watch!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  07:58:03 AM  Show Profile
Ebony Jane is perfect, I am so glad Sadie is nursing her baby, your story was not too long and CONGRATULTIONS to all of you. I leave my kids with their mothers until they are 1 month old and eating hay, then I seperate them at night and milk the does in the morning, I release the kids, as soon as, the milking is done and let them nurse all day. My inside pen has a moveable wall, so the kids and does are still in the same pen all of the time and can see each other. My kids bleat a little the first night or two and by the end of the week start going into "their" with a little encouragement.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  08:21:07 AM  Show Profile
Channah, I'm glad Sadie let let nurse. It's so much easier to have the mothers raise the kids. And the kids seem to be much happier with them. So good, Now you'll be able to get some much needed sleep! Can you show us some pictures of mom and baby together now?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  10:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Kathryn, That is exactly what I was going to do!! That is so cool!! I feel it is the right thing to do!!

Kris, sure I can post a picture of mom and baby together!! But I can't post pictures so if some sweet person would post them for me that would be great!!!

I am letting the baby spend all day out in the goat shed with the other goats and then I bring her in at night and let her sleep by my bed. It workes great!! She nurses in the day and sleeps at night! She's my little alarm clock because she gets me up at 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning!! But I don't mind. When you look at her sweet little face you forget why you were mad. :) Sadie is doing great and is a very good milker! Her teats are very small and hard to milk but it is perfect for the baby to nurse. I let the baby nurse as much as she wants and then I milk what is left in her udder. She is a very loving mom!

Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  2:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I e-mailed Marly ( Bear5) and she said she would post a picture!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  7:34:20 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Channah, looking forward to seeing your family. Toni
Go to Top of Page

theprimitivepilgrim
True Blue Farmgirl

217 Posts

Michelle
Baggs Wyoming
USA
217 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  8:34:42 PM  Show Profile
Channah,

What a great story, and thank you for sharing your joy with all of us! Congratulations on your sweet new arrival.
~Michelle
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Big big news!!! It's about Sadie!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page