Page: of 3

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  10:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Spring has sprung here in south Texas. It is 73, muggy, and stormy.

I have my garden started. I planted herbs, flowers, lettuce, cucumbers, and started my tomatoes outside.

It is weird to be planting already. I moved here to Texas this past July. Spring usually didn't get to Ohio until May.

Have a wonderful day.
Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  1:10:41 PM  Show Profile
I walked across our backyard for the first time in months this afternoon. Slippery and wet but you can just smell spring in the air!

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2010 :  3:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I drove over into Oregon with my hubby to check on feilds, We live right on the Oregon border in Washington. There is something so magical about this time of the year with all the "hints" of color. I really love it.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

dawnm
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Dawn
Blueridge Mts Va
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  6:39:02 PM  Show Profile
Signs of spring showing up everywhere! It's been in the 60's for the past few days. Loving it.

Small farm farmers rock!
Go to Top of Page

jclambert
True Blue Farmgirl

149 Posts

Judy
Stringtown Oklahoma
USA
149 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2010 :  05:43:05 AM  Show Profile
Grass is getting green and I saw some daffodils in bloom yesterday. Yay for spring, my favorite season.
This makes me want to drag the travel trailer to a park somewhere and sit around a campfire.

Judy

*Love one another*
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  10:20:53 AM  Show Profile
I just noticed that in the regional hills, the bushes are turning color since we have had some weather in the 20's.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  12:13:26 PM  Show Profile
Claudia, I live outside of Colville and am fairly new to this area and always wondered why does Deer Park get colder temperatures than up here? Stay warm! JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  12:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Ha Ha! I just gritted my teeth!! ;0) I know there are micro climates all over and my Dad used to tease me when my husband & I moved here by telling me we had moved to a snow belt. Colville is in a valley and I know that Kettle, being on the Columbia is warmer. To say all that, I really don't know, but I am friends with Jason Kadah (former KREM meteorologist) & I shall ask him. Then we both will know. Where do you live around Colville? I used to have family around Kettle Falls and my folks had a farm north of Chewelah. I hope you enjoy Colville. Have been into the "Talkin' Coffee" to get latte's when we drive though. Would love to see the new hospital, as I am a retired RN. Maybe in the future. Have a great weekend.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  12:53:16 PM  Show Profile
I live southwest of Colville about 8 miles from Colville. We are at about 2400 feet so we are a little colder than Colville. During the winter it's quite interesting to go to town. Could be snowing here, freezing rain half way down and raining in Colville. We moved from Mn so the winters are balmy compared to there. What I really have enjoyed are the summers and lack of humidity. Haven't been to that coffee place yet but did you know we now have a Starbuck's in the Safeway store.JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2010 :  3:49:22 PM  Show Profile
JoAnn....a Starbucks!!*%^+! Well, you should have one...after all Colville is the county seat. Perfectly understand about how the weather can differ all over. Some friends were surprised that my squash leaves had frozen. Good thing I had enuf coverings for the cukes, maters, peppers & zukes. Wow!

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic I just noticed Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page