Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic
Page: of 102

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  07:53:58 AM  Show Profile
well you girls have been busy. congratulations everyone so far. glad moms and babies are doing well. went goat shopping a couple times this week. not finding a doe lamancha. i did buy a boer percentage doe. not sure if she is open or not. very stocky and strong. bottle raised and very friendly. that was very important to me. she follows folks around. she came right up to me. i tried to remember my farmgirl training. she has an extra teat but no orafice. she said no fluid gets in there. she is 4. she had 3 kids this year and fed all three herself. we go get her end of week. now i would love a friendly weaned doe. wish you all lived around here. let us know when those babies come. KRIS i hope some girls are coming your way. sending girlie thoughts. my soap is almost ready. hope no one else has to help babies come into the world. you girls rock. was it channah that had to help mom good job sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  07:57:30 AM  Show Profile
oh i did want to ask linda how snackcake is doing today? sounds like she is on the mend.keep us all posted. the nubiens are so pretty. i had 2 for awhile. they have way more energy than i can handle. lol but i think the cutest goats ever. sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  08:04:02 AM  Show Profile
Snackcake is out today with her little doeling. She is still walking but not normal yet, but pretty good considering. But her attitude is bright and boisterious. Her baby likes to run with the other 6 kids and mom gets so upset. I have 2 more does due about the 22 and the other maybe the 27th. She looks to have four in her. I am trying to get caught up on rest because I know I will be helping that one. I am already tired from these 7...lol.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  12:20:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sherrye. I almost forgot about the soap swap. I'll get yours in the mail next week, ok? That's too bad you can't find a Lamancha. A friend called last week and knows a guy who has 3 for sale. 2 are in milk and he wants $200 and $175 for the other one who had not kidded then. But she nmay have now. Not a bad price for a just freshened doe with kids. And that's pretty common for Boer does to have 4 teats because they have so many kids. I hope to get at least one doe from my Nubian this time since I bred her to a Nubian buck. I can only hope and pray. She has had 2 cute little doelings before. It's about time for another one.

Linda, I am so glad your Snackcake is getting better. Sounds like she's going to get over this. You have been a good nurse!

I just wormed my first 2 does that just freshened. I used Ivermectin. I read on Fias co FArm where hse just goes 4 days with the milk withdrawal. I will use Cydectin in 2 weeks. I do not want worms this year. With so few does now I may not have such a bad problem. I hope. What does everyone else use to worm their milk does?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:46:27 AM  Show Profile
I just went out to feed and milk the does. I have been putting them up at night in a stall. So I get out there and I hear a little "mmaaaaa" and looked around the corner and there is one of the little white bucklings. He'd been out all night alone in the cold damp night. Oh my goodness, the poor little thing. I picked him up and hugged him and took him to his momma. He nursed for 5 minutes. I felt so bad. But he's ok now. Nice and full and up under the bench stuffed full of nice warm hay with his brother. I am so glad now it didn't rain last night. I'll have to be more careful from now on. That's never happened before.

But dang, those kids are too cute. I am so ready for more. I have been milking the does already twice a day and getting about half a gallon both times. The kids aren't drinking enough right now to get the udders milked down. And they are both huge. So they need some help. The chickens, dogs and cats are happy again. Fresh goat milk!! I can't wait to have some myself. But have to wait a few more weeks.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  11:38:51 AM  Show Profile
Kristin when you use ivomec do you inject them or use it as a drench and how much do you dose with? I hear so many different things about it. The cydectin are you using the pour on as a drench and how is it working for you? I just bought some of that this year. Am afraid to try it. I was told the milk withdrawel for ivomec was 30 days.Thats another one I see so many conflicting reports on.

Glad your little fella is okay. I bet you about had a cow when you seen him outside. I have a baby monitor at my barn and it drives me crazy sometimes but if a little one gets lost they sure do yell but Nubians have big mouths....lol. The pyrenese bark alot at night and thats what gets on my nerves sometimes. Usually the goats just sing or make like groaning sounds.I like to listen to themn.

What kind of does are you milking right now? I hope you get your doe kids but so far most people seem to be having a buck year. Last year was more a doe year for me. This year I have had 3 sets of trips and ended up with 2 bucks and 1 doe each time. Weird how that happens some years.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  12:57:06 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda. I have used Cydectin for quite awhile now. I like it. It really works for us. But I never use just one wormer because they will get immune to it in no time. So I alternate with another 2 weeks later. I have a very good goat mentor who was raised with goats and has had them all her life. SHe reccomends it also.

So yesterday I gave the 2 does that just freshioned the Ivermectin. They get 1cc/50 pounds. They are about 150 so they get 3cc. I went to Fiasco farm web site and she only goes 4 days with the milk withdrawal in her goats. Why, when it says at least 10 days? Because they use Ivermectin in 3rd world countries for people.

And then in 2 weeks I will dose them again with the Cydectin. And that is 1cc/25 pounds. I give it orally. I have always heard never to put it on a goats back. I really like it. I have never had a problem using it. With Cydectin there is no milk withdrawal time which is crazy as nasty as that stuff smells. I always wait at least a week after using it.

I am just helping the does right now with the milking. The kids don't drink much right now yet and they are both huge as a cow. These 2 are both Lamanchas. And both have wonderful udders and are great to milk. They're my 2 oldest does. 7 and 8. Sandy is Nubian and she should go any day now. I saw some white discharge earlier today. I can't wait to see her kids. Then Sadie Mae Belle is 1/2 Togg and 1/2 Lamancha. She'll be the last to kid. Then I'll be in the milk!

I hope I answered all your questions. If you have more just ask.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  3:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
How are all you ladies doing? And your goats?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  06:52:09 AM  Show Profile
Channah, I am doing ok. I still just have the 4 stinkin' bucks. Sandy is just taking her sweet time and dragging this pregnancy as far as she can. I go out there every morning hoping to see some cute little long eared baby goats and nothin'! She can't show any more signs of being ready that I know of. If her tail gets any looser it's going to fall off. Her hoohoo is as floppy as it could get. She's had some stringy mucus for weeks now. Her udder is not terribly huge but she never had a big udder. So I don't know what's going on with her. I just hope the kids are ok. I see them moving around. I am just a little too impatient I guess.

It sure feels like it's going to snow out there right now. It was beautiful and warm Sat. then rained all day Sun. Now it feels like snow. I did feel a few flakes when I was out feeding the multitudes. And walking through all the mud.

I hope all those cute little baby goats are all doing great and growing like the weeds are.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  07:38:53 AM  Show Profile
My Cassandra had 2 kids yesterday !! This is the 2nd delivery I have missed in 18 years. I went with my son and husband to pick out tuxes for the wedding in June. My other son stayed home. He doesn't know anything about delivering. I checked Cassandra before I left, she wasn't due until the next day. Not much of an udder and chewing her cud laying next to the other girls out in the sun.
Well 55 minutes after I left its a long drive to the city..... my son calls and tells me she had 1 doe and 1 buck kid. He was totally panacked. So I told him what to do and called a friend to come over and plug them in and make sure they were okay. I about had a heart attack when he called being so far away. She showed no signs that I could see and believe me I noticed even the slightest signs and when they do I won't leave until they have them. But she did it by herself and was pretty quick about it. Not like some of my other girls who drag on what seems like forever.

Anyway they are doing great. Mom is a first timer and doesn't have much milk so I am supplementing them and hoping her milk comes in better. This morning her udder looked a little bit bigger. She is a good mother too.

Kristin I'll be praying for does for you. Your bound to have some soon. So far out of 4 does that have kidded I have 7 boys born and 4 girls. I have 2 left to kid.

Kristin thanks for the wormer info too.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Mar 22 2010 07:39:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  07:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderful Linda!! How exciting! What are you going to name them?

Wow Kris! I hope she kids soon! It is always hard to wait. I am noticing little changes in Esther too. She is getting closer. And my goodness she is as big as a house! No joke! There has got to be twins or more in their. I don't care how many she has I just want her and her babies to be healthy and that everything goes well. Even if they are all boys I still won't care.

I am milking Sadie again and she is giving almost 2 cups a day ( I am milk twice a day). I am thinking that is pretty good because the baby is still nursing. I am giving her grain, and she always has water and hay in front of her. So far so good!

I am treating Joey with tea tree oil and I think it might be helping. Do any of you know how to get rid of dandruff? I think I remember reading that it was caused by a lack of a sertain mineral or something but can't remember what. Any ideas?

Now to little Ebony. She is growing like a weed! I look at her and ask " What happened to my little baby?". She just looks at me with this sweet little face that makes your heart melt. :) She is being wormed and as everyone knows debudded. Is their a diffrence between dehorned and debudded? And can you believe it?! She is already eating grain! I guess it is so new to me because when Joey and Sadie where little they didn't start eating grain till they were 3 to 4 months old. They loved their milk! Anyway, She is doing good. I watch her play and I think I should have named her Lighting or something like that because she is sooo fast! And I mean fast! She has her daddys long legs I guess. :)

And I think thats about it. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

aunt boby
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

toby
polo illinois
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:03:19 AM  Show Profile
I would like to get everyone's expert opinion on CAE in dairy goats. I've read so many different things on it. Have all you ladies had your herds tested for it? Have you tested for it yourself or had the vet do it? I read that CAE goat milk has no effect on humans, they just pass it to their kids via the milk. And another source said CAE milk could be linked to Crohn's disease. This summer I am going to start milking my girls and want to consume the milk as well as make soap. I want to be as prepared as possible.
Also have my fingers crossed for all of you ladies to have some does coming your way!!! Right now I have 37 bucket babies. Took some picures and will try to get them posted soon.

POOR IS THE MAN WHO CANNOT ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE- anonymous
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Toby, Here is a whole schedule on how to pervent CAE. I do pretty much what they do I just don't give vaccinations. I bet someone will have something better for you than I did.
Hugs,
Channah

by: Mary Blankevoort, DVM

Spring
Prepare for Kidding
Have kidding area cleaned and bedded with fresh straw several days before the doe’s due date.
Get supplies ready:
A good light in the delivery area.
A clean bucket for water.
Surgical scrub such as Nolvosan, or a bottle of mild detergent (Ivory, Joy) for cleaning hands and the vulva of the doe.
Obstetrical lubricant (Lubrisept, K-Y) and, if possible, disposable obstetrical gloves for assisted births.
Dry towels for cleaning and rubbing kids.
Iodine (7% tincture) for dipping navels. A small jar or film canister for individual use is handy. Dip navel immediately after birth, and repeat in 12 hours.
Scissors for umbilical cord.
Keep frozen colostrum from a safe, CAEV-free source. To heat-treat colostrum, heat colostrum to 135ºF in a double boiler or water bath and maintain temperature for one hour.
Clean bottle and nipple for feed­ing colostrum.
Feeding tube (12-18 French) and large syringe (35-60 cc, with cath­eter tip) for giving colostrum to weak kids.

CAE Prevention
Tape doe’s teats one week before due date with teat tape. This will prevent kids from possibly nurs­ing a CAE-positive doe.
Segregate CAE-positive parturient does from the rest of the herd to prevent horizontal transmission from infected genital secretions.
Remove kids from doe immediately after birth.
Feed colostrum from a safe source within the first couple hours after birth. Give 10% of kid’s body weight within 18 hours (e.g., 13 oz. for an 8 lb. kid). Then feed pasteurized milk, CAE-free milk, or milk replacer.

Nutrition for the doe
Have pregnant does on a rising plane of nutrition in late gestation, i.e., good quality grass hay, supple­ment with some leafy alfalfa. Grad­ually increase grain ration in last few weeks to provide energy.

Disease Prevention: Does
Be sure does are boostered for CDT in last 4-6 weeks prior to due date. Consult your veterinarian for advice on selenium supplementation for does and kids in deficient areas.
Deworm doe 1-2 weeks postpartum.

Disease Prevention: Kids
Begin Coccidiosis preventive or start monitoring fecals by three weeks of age.
CDT series at 4, 8, and 12 weeks of age.
Begin deworming at 6-8 weeks.

Summer
Be sure kids have gotten their CD-T boosters (e.g., 8 - 12 - 16 weeks).
Wet weather has given parasites a big boost in many areas. Practice regu­lar helminth (worm) control in all groups of animals. Doses of deworm­ers in goats are usually 2X the cow or sheep dose (4X the cattle dose for Fenbendazole--PanacurR). In the case of Ivomec, use the oral formulation. Resistance to all dewormers is appearing, so monitor success with quantitive fecal exams.
Rotate pastures every several weeks, if possible.
Coccidiostats for kids.
Check for external parasites; keep animals clipped and clean.
Be careful with grain overload dur­ing peak lactation, and when get­ting ready for show. Increases in concentrate feed must be made gradually, over a couple of weeks.
Be sure fresh water is present at all times. Consumption goes way up in warm weather, and during lactation.
Monitor presence of poisonous plants which may have grown within reach of animals.
When hauling in hot weather, provide good ventilation. If you break down, will animals have fresh air and water?
At show time, be careful not to “over-udder” a doe, as she can develop an allergic reaction to backed-up milk under pressure.
Build buck up for breeding season. Give him Vitamin-E/Selenium in Selenium-deficient areas. Keep feet trimmed. Give him a good diet of forage and increasing amounts of concentrate in late summer.

Fall
The Buck
Check and trim feet. Treat foot rot as necessary.
Check teeth on older bucks.
Shorten or remove scurs prior to breeding season.
Clip belly. Examine penis and prepuce for injuries and inflammation.
Check general body condition. Improve nutritional status if too thin.
De-worm.
Bo-Se in selenium-deficient areas.

The Doe
Check and trim feet before rainy season.
Correct body condition before breeding, especially if she is too fat. Fat around the ovaries may cause poor fertility. In general, corrections in body condition (too thin, too fat) are easier and safer to make before the doe is dried off.
Bo-Se in selenium-deficient areas.
Do milk cultures now, to pick up subclinical mastitis.
Consider dry-treating the herd, where mastitis has been a persistent problem.

The Herd
Check fecals in different age categories (does, kids) - to evaluate parasite loads. Treat accordingly.
Consider fall deworming, coming off summer pasture.
CAEV testing: Kids over 6 months old, new additions to the herd, any animals of questionable value or con­dition. Cull accordingly. Feed as few animals as possible through the winter.

Winter
Pregnancy check does early enough to be able to rebreed this season if open.
Booster vaccinations (Clostridium perfringens C & D, and Tetanus) in mid- to late-gestation at least 6 weeks prior to kidding. This pro­motes high colostral antibody levels at parturition.
Booster Vitamin E-Selenium in mid- to late gestation, in Selenium deficient areas. This bolsters uterine muscle tone and helps prevent uterine inertia and retained placentas.
Get does into their desired body condition while they are still milking; e.g., if too fat, reduce grain before drying up. Don’t dry her up and then starve her. There will be fewer problems with pregnancy toxemia if weight changes are made while doe is still metabolically active.
Pregnant does should get plenty of exercise. Fit and trim does are easier to freshen, less susceptible to pregnancy toxemia.
Don’t feed 100% alfalfa as a ration, especially to does in late gest­ation. Balance with grass hay so that does can mobilize their own calcium at the time of freshening.
Keep an eye on geriatric animals for weight loss and chilling.
Routine foot care for all animals.
Monitor for external parasites (lice) during this period where animals may spend more time indoors with less sunlight.
Eliminate moldy feed.
Get to know and enjoy your animals better during this slow time!

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:43:23 AM  Show Profile
Linda, that's great! And they can do it on their own sometimes. I have had to help a few so far. I have never seen Sandy kid though. I had to help Sadie with hers because the head was upside down. I had to go in and find the feet and pull him out. He's big. And poor Sadie has got the smallest birth canal ever, poor thing. She's still red and puffy back there. I am so glad she only had one. I'm glad your girls are doing so good.

Channah, I have noticed Sandy has goat dandruff, too. I just thought it was her. If you find out anything let me know too. I am so glad little Ebony is ok. I can't wait to hear about Esther's kids soon.

Toby, I have had my goats CAE tested. Abby tested positive. She just turned 8. And Sandy tested a weak positive. She's almost 4. I am ok with it myself. I have a friend who was raised with goats and now she works at a vets office. She knows alot about goats. I called her before my does freshened to see about getting them all tested again for CLA (?) and for CAE. We talked for a long time about it and I am just not going to worry about it anymore. Since Abby had a buck I didn't take him from her. And I am still thinking about Sandy's if she has a doe whether to pull her or not. Since it is only tranferred from the colostrum to the kids. But the way my luck's been so far she'll have bucks too and I won't have to worry about it. Last year they also both had twin bucks and I wethered them all. And castrated them, too. They all went to good homes for pets and weed control. Anyway, I just really don't think it's a bad thing for me. Mine are not registered. They are healthy as far as that goes. I am not bothered by it. I drink the milk cold straight from the goat and I am fine.

I have heard that CAE goats are kept in other countries and the milk given to HIV patients. Not sure but that's what I've heard. And it's supposed to be good for them. Anyway, I'd love to see what others have to say about this.

Toby, that's alot of babies. But you work on a dairy, right? You also have your own goats, too? How many kids do you have at home now? I would love to see some pictures.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  08:47:56 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
How do you test for CAE? Can I do it myself?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  04:03:51 AM  Show Profile
I have just put money down on three Nigerian Dwarf does. One will come to me pregnant and two are kids. I will also be purchasing a buck to keep. I will ahve to read thru this whole post, ut know this is where I need to be! I am so excited to sttr my little herd and learn all I can and all I need to to show and milk these little ones! Thanks for a great thread to learn from.
Well off for now. I am going to make some noodles today.

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  08:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Channah, wow, that's alot of information. Thanks. I am still in the middle on this. Since they all had bucks and I will castrate them all, I am not too worried about CAE. I had a vet come out and draw blood. It was sent to somewhere in Ga. If I do test them again I want it sent to Washington State to have it done. They are supposed to be the best.

Angie, I am so happy for you! I just love goats. I have never had the ND but I won't say I never will. I hope you have so much fun with them. Do you have other goats? And are you all ready for these guys?

All my stinkin' bucks are doing just fine. They are all playing together. Well, except Sandy's 2. I still have them in the pen. I'll let them out tomorrow. I wormed them all and will again 2 weeks after with the Cydectin. Then we have milk! I can hardly wait.

I had a call this morning from a guy wanting goat milk. So I hope I have enough customers to make a little money. At least eniugh to buy their feed. I said I wasn't going to sell milk this year. But what will I do with it all if I don't? I only need a little for soap. I will make cheese. But 4 does can produce a lot of milk.

I put my cows in the front yard to mow it for me. the goats aren't doing a very good job so far. So Mazie and Roxy are going to town out there. They are so sweet. I brushed Mazie and got enough cow hair to stuff a pillow with. Goodness, she's shedding all that red hair. Rozie is black and she's not got the thick hair like Mazie does. She's so cute. Looks just like a black Jersey. I hope I'll be able to milk these guys when the time comes. I am trying to get them both used to me touching their udders. So far so good.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  11:45:02 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Your welcome! I guess I didn't have to post it all. lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  10:04:48 AM  Show Profile
No I think it is a good idea to post it! It helps to remind all of us seasoned shepherds what has to be done & it is great help for newbies! I have one more doe to kid yet & I am getting anxious for her to be done! I made yogurt yesterday & am waiting to flavor it when I get home!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  12:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh good Karla. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  11:33:56 AM  Show Profile
thank you from a newbie. this is so helpful sherrye

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  11:34:51 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
How is everyones goats today? Any new babies??
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

karla
True Blue Farmgirl

1308 Posts

karla
Pella Iowa
USA
1308 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  11:35:43 AM  Show Profile
You shouldn't worry about posting these things because there will always be someone who needs just that info. Keep up the great work!

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  11:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Will do Karla! Thanks!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  11:43:41 AM  Show Profile
no babies here yet. have a boer bred to a boer. might be preg for april. bought her as open but she was with buck 2 months. she feels heavy like there is something in there when i let her belly down. sure hoping. just bought her. ginger my lamancha injured her eye. had vet check. gave her la 200 and ointment. the cloud is more localized now around the spot. there is a black spot on her eyeball. vet tried to remove but under tissue. i have been giving her extra nutrition. any other ideas. to me it looks bad. vet said i caught it in a day. so no permanent damage if the black spot comes out. sherrye we did have a pretty little white dexter heifer born yesterday

farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 102 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page