Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic
Page: of 102

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  10:40:32 AM  Show Profile
Linda
you have to go to photobucket, set a an acct there & then follow the instructions under the FAQ here. It might take you a while with yopur dial up. Or just email it to me & I can put it up here. Kiss Snackcake for me. & Lotty sends her a big ole hillbilly smile!
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  2:29:46 PM  Show Profile
I want to see pictures of everyones new "kids". I gave up on trying to post mine. You ladies that know how, I hope you let us see your pictures. Since I have only one doe right now, and she has already kidded, I am having withdrawals. I am accustomed to having at least 5 or 6 kids.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  06:46:57 AM  Show Profile
It's a girl!!!! Abby had hers this morning. I went out to feed and only saw the 3 girls standing looking at the barn. So I had a feeling. I went out their and sure enough, there was Abby in the corner with a little one that looks just like her. Still a little wet so within the hour. I felt between the legs and did not feel anything!! So it's a girl! And she's a cutie. Black with tan underneath and the spot on her forehead and eyebrows. So here we go! I wish they'd all have them and get this over with. I had 3 people call in one day wanting goat milk. I'll have to start milking Abby because she's huge and with just one kid she'll need some help. I was thinking she may have another one but it's been too long now. But that's ok with me. I'll be keeping this one.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  07:41:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
YAY Kris!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  08:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I am so happy for you Kris!!! What are you going to name her?
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  09:13:02 AM  Show Profile
congratulations happy days on the farm sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  10:13:50 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Abby!! Kris, let us know her name. She sounds adorable. So, how many more does to freshen?

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  11:08:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ya'll. She is adorable. She even has the white spot on her backbone like Abby does. We have 3 more to go. Faith has got to be next. It's her birthday today. 7 years old. I don't know what to name her. I asked the grands to thinl of names. I need a theme. ANd my mind's a blank right now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  1:39:48 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Kristin.
Glad she do so well and the little one is doing well. Its definately spring for the goats. Now we just need the pasture to start growing for those new kids to enjoy. Its been rainig here for 5 days. Its suppose to stop and be partly suuny tomorrow afternoon. I don't know if they know what they are talking about or not. My goats have barn fever.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  4:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Linda, it's been raining here about that long, too. I am slip-slidin' all over out there. It's dangerous! I just had to milk Abby some. She is huge. I always have to help them some til the kids get bigger. And with just a single she'll never drinl all that milk. So the cats and dogs got some good warm goat milk tonight. They love it.

I hope you get a nice sunny day tomorrow, Linda.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  8:19:51 PM  Show Profile
OOPS I posted this in the wrong spot..so here we go again:

**Pics of Linda's babies**
Posting these pics for Linda. Hope the sizes are OK; they have completely changed photobucket since I was there last
The pic of the baby laying in the sun is Snackcake's..she is 3 days old & she looks like my girls that I got from Linda..Although mine are fat & sassy now
The one of the "litter" are April's aka Apey They are 4 days old
& the one with Linda holding it is Luna's baby.She is nine days old.
& I want to kiss all of them on their nubi-dubi-du sweet snoot!!!
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  8:23:26 PM  Show Profile
Kristin I expect to see pics of your baby next..Congrats!
Don't you have a grandbaby Kansas?? Maybe you could name the goats cities in Kansas..Just a thought...
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  8:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
so cute!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  07:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Very cute babies!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  07:48:24 AM  Show Profile
Lisa, that's a good idea. Or maybe state names. I like that.

I love the Nubian kids. They are adorable with those long floppy ears. I hope I get 2 from my Nubian this time. I am more excited to see hers than the Lamanchas. But Abby's is so cute.

And if I can figure out how to email pics could someone post some for me, too? That would be so nice.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  09:26:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Lisa for posting them for me. I have not figured out how and my internet is so slow. It took me 1 1/2 hours to email the pictures to Lisa.

Snackcake is walking 50% better then yesterday. She is still stepping like eggshells on her front feet but not nearly as bad. She stands up now and eats her hay for over 1/2 hour now before laying down. Her back legs are improving also. The nerve damage is slowly healing. I know 4 days ago I really thought she would never get better. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it looks pretty bright!!! Thankyou to everyone who had to read about my problems. I probably should have not posted them. Anyway wanted to say a big thanks to everyone for their super support.I am truly grateful.

Kristin I hope to see pictures of your babies too. I think lamancha babies are the cutiest. And guess what it stopped raining. Its still cloudy but its brightning up. They said the sun will be out later this evening and for the next couple of days. I can then turn all the babies out again and let them run in the sun.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  05:45:44 AM  Show Profile
My doe Faith is in labor right now! I just came in to get me something to eat and some coffee. It's chilly out there today. So it might be a long day for us here. She has had the biggest cow udders for a few months now and the past week they have gotten bigger. I don't know how she gets around. So I know she'll be glad to get them milked out.

I'll let ya'll know what she has soon, I hope!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy7896
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Sarah
Douglas MA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  1:39:41 PM  Show Profile
Cutie-pie my lamancha has goen into labor! I'm hoping for a better/easier delivery then my last doe, for her sake : ) I will be back later to update what she has!!! Fingers crossed for some does

I love my goats
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  2:02:02 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, I hope you have some does. I am not getting any here. Faith had twin bucks this morning. Both white. They are ok.

And Abby's kid is a buck, too. I didn't feel anything the morning it was born but now I do. So 3 bucks so far.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  8:10:28 PM  Show Profile
Sarah, any kids yet? I hope everything went ok for her. I was just checking.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  8:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Kristin, boys are cute, but I hope you get your does too!
Speaking of which, here are a couple of pics of my beauties, these are Snackcakes sisters, I got them from Linda, & they are my sweet sweeties!! Lotty & Lucy
Pics are with my nephew at Thanksgiving. Sorry I can never get a good face shot, cause they always want to be right up in my face!

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  9:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
So cute Lisa!!! Thank you soo much for sharing!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  06:18:29 AM  Show Profile
They are so pretty. I love Nubians. They have such personalities. And they are such babies. My Sandy is. She hated being alone. So I hope she kids before Sadie does. Or we might have to bring her in the house.

All the boys and mommas are good this morning. Abby's boy is doing a great job at nursing. I was going to milk her this morning but didn't need to. I did have to milk Faith though. About a half a big coffee can full. She was as big as a cow, really. SHe's got really good milk. I have never had a problem with her milk. So all is well here today.

Hope everyone else has a great day. And I hope to hear from Sarah about her new kiddies soon. I am on my way out to get worm med for the girls. Gotta get that done now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Daisy7896
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Sarah
Douglas MA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  07:06:57 AM  Show Profile
Cutie pie had twin bucks aswell, they both look just like her all black with white legs and strips on their face. One more doe to deliver maybe she will have a doe.

I love my goats
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  07:23:21 AM  Show Profile
I'm so glad things went well. But my goodness, is this another buck year? I hope you get a doe with the next one.

That sounds like my 2 does that just kidded. They are black with the tan underneath and stripes on their faces.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 102 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page