Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic
Page: of 102

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  09:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Kristi! My goat herd is small too ( I have 10 also) but it keeps growing each year. ;)

It's been in the low 60's here and raining. I hope you will all feel free to send some heat over here! ;)

Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  11:16:55 AM  Show Profile
That's a lot of goats. I only have 4 right now. But maybe will be getting 3 more. I haven't heard from my friend about them yet though. I also have my 3 ewes and a ram lamb. He is almost 10 weeks old Thurs. and I am still bottle feeding him. I have all this milk and need to use it up. SO I am still feeding him 3 times a day. He is so big and chuncky. I guess I should go down to twice a day. Then gradually stop.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  1:01:58 PM  Show Profile
I am trying to figure out how to post pictures. I would love to share some pics of my goats. Here is an attempt at a pic of Zilla. She is a registered Saanen, and one of my milker does.

The door is always open, and the coffee is always on.
Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  1:05:13 PM  Show Profile
Okay, that worked, so I will try a few more!

This is KennyRoanie. He is one of Elci's triplets. He is SO friendly.

Buttercups twins, Wendy and SpottedKenny

Elci's doeling, DeeDee. I am keeping her (and probably Wendy too)

Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  1:09:47 PM  Show Profile
Zilla, KennyB and KennyRoanie

Juliet and Buttercup, in the separation pen. (I separate them from their kids for a few hours before I milk)

Zilla, loooking out of one of the shelters in the pasture. Most of this years kid crop hanging out on the right.

A very pregnant Elci--my herd queen.

Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  1:12:20 PM  Show Profile
My gelding, Dakota and me.

That is probably more than enough. I hope I didn't post too many pictures! I get carried away sometimes.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  3:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Kristi, You and your animals are BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you soo much for sharing! I love seeing what other people look like along with their animals. :) As most of these ladies know, I can get carried away with posting pics of my animals too. lol! Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  5:16:38 PM  Show Profile
Your goats are beautiful Kristi. I had goats for years...my favorites were always the Saanens.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  5:42:10 PM  Show Profile
I love my Saanen girls too. They are just so sweet, compliant and affectionate. They make milking easy by just being so darned agreeable! I have friends with Nigis and Nubians. The colors are so pretty I sometimes wish I had more color grazing in my pasture. I wouldn't trade the gentle good nature of my Saanens for anything though.

Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  5:46:45 PM  Show Profile
kristi kristi i am so excited....i live in redmond oregon. my next dream fulfillment is a horse. i tried to email but you dont have it set up. so i am so happy to see a neighbor on here. so we picked up the rescue cow. her name today is toddy. it will change. she has bad back legs. big adventure. gotta milk. just got home. so will come on later. she is sooooo cute. my friends renamed the farm....the broken bovine rehab. center. happy days sherrye so toddy can be a cow instead of someones burger dinner.

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  6:33:47 PM  Show Profile
How do I set up email?

Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  6:41:22 PM  Show Profile
Okay, went back to my profile and I think I have it set up right now. You should be able to send email.

HearthCricket Farm. Where the door is always open, and the coffee is always on.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  04:53:48 AM  Show Profile
What cute goats, Krisi. I have thought about getting a Boer to breed my Nubian doe with. I did that about 5 years ago and she had the cutest kids ever. ANd the horse is just beautiful. You have alot of room for all your animals, it looks like.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  07:13:48 AM  Show Profile
so where are you in redmond? i am off canal. your herd is beautiful. do you ride your horse very much? we finally have some nice weather for it. kris how are all your goats and new babies doing? i have not seen or heard from grace for awhile. heres hoping the roof is going on now and things are better.

Kris is bubba being any nicer to your new little dog? well gotta go milk and check on toddy this am. i am starting out a little slow today. happy days to all you farmgirls sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  08:57:39 AM  Show Profile
I am about 4 miles east of town off of the O'neil Hwy. I do ride a lot. My gelding injured his leg about three weeks ago, and has been recovering, so I have been riding my little mare instead. (I have two) Dakota is probably ready to start riding again though as his leg is looking pretty good. They are both good horses, and I love them both dearly, but he is my favorite to ride. I always joke that she is my dependable old station wagon and he is my Turbo Corvette! :-) I won't get much riding in this next week though. I usually only work part time, but with everybody getting in their vacations before school starts again, they have me scheduled a LOT of hours. It's gonna be hard to get all the chores done around here, never mind getting to ride. I am trying to get a bunch of my milk used up (two batches of cheese going) because I know I won't have time next week to get anything "extra" done around here. Just milking, feeding, and going to work.

How is your new cow doing Sherrye?

Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  09:02:14 AM  Show Profile
This is my little mare. She is the black in the middle. Her name is Macai and she is an Arabian too, like my gelding. This pic was taken on a campout in the Ochocos with my saddle club. My friend Dee is on the Paint and my friend Shar is on the bay.

This is on a camping trip to the Steens with my Aunt Marilyn.

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  10:44:41 AM  Show Profile
Kristi love the pictures. You have really beautiful animals. One day when we can get high speed internet I hope to post pictures. I love to see everyone elses animals.

Congrats on the new cow Sherry. Glad you were able to get her. Hope she works out well for you.

Kristin how is the dog working out? I hope with time they will get along.

Off to change the boiling hot water outside for cool water. We are hitting 98 today with a heat index of 116 degrees. I am watering the animals 4 times a day now. I can't believe its been staying this hot everyday. Its crazy. I hate dumping the water but it gets so hot I feel I need to. Everyone stay cool and if your cold stay warm.....lol.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  11:08:36 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful horses. Looks like a rgeta place to camp and ride.

Hey Linda. My hubby came home awhile ago and I didn't hear him til the door opened. Stella was outside and Bubba was in. But he was almost out when I got to the door. I have to teach my hubby now! But maybe he can help hold Bubba while they snif each other. She's back inside in the crate and so is Bubba. He's fine with her in there. Hot as heck here too. I just filled up water again too and made sure it's all in the shade. I need to go out now and mist poor Abby goat. She is just miserable in this heat. I would love to bring her inside but she's pees and poops too much.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  4:08:20 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Girls, hope everyone goats and cows are doing good today. Yesterday, for the first time I made my own salve/udder balm! It turned out great! So excited now. And do you remember me saying that I was going to plant an herb garden where I could grow herbs for my goats?! Well I did and it worked! I'm busy drying the herbs right now.
Well I gotta go…..
Hugs,
Hannah

P.S. Kristi, Your horses are beautiful!

Farmgirl sister #1219!

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  4:20:22 PM  Show Profile
So what kind of herbs did you plant, Hannah? I think I will plant some kale just for the goats soon. They love that stuff and I don't. And it's SO good for them too.

We got some rain and lots of clouds so it's cooled off alot/ I did get the side yard mowed and the goat holding area before it rained. I did get wet before I was totally finished. And that hurts the eyes when I have on mascara.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  5:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone have an personal experience with soremouth in goats? I'm worried Blake may have it.

Farmgirl sister #1219!

Go to Top of Page

BC girl
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Rose
Duncan BC
Canada
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2011 :  10:57:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone, I'm Rose and am new on this site. I am back into goats after 30 something years, and just love them. I really enjoy reading all your day to day stories of your animals, esp goats. I have two doe kids, one born in march, one in feb of this year. One is alpine/tog cross, the other saanen/tog/ nubian cross. They are awesome pets, but will also be for milk, hopefully next year. Its great to pick up info on goats, so I will just listen in and enjoy....thanks for being there!!!
.....Rose, on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  06:42:32 AM  Show Profile
wow your first post. a big howdy to you. this is a fine place to be. we surely love goats here. well we are off this morning to get another jersey cow... this one is just fresh and giving 6 gallons a day. GOT MILK??? we will be gone the whole day. back in time to milk. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

mydakota
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

kristi
redmond oregon
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  07:49:41 AM  Show Profile
I would love to see pics of your cows!

Hello BC Girl! I am new here too. We are the Freshman Class, I guess. :-)

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2011 :  09:56:35 AM  Show Profile
Sherry you are going to be swimming in milk. How many cows will have have after you pick this one up? Is this cow a handicapped cow too? Good luck and be safe.

Welcome Rose. This dairy thread has gotten pretty big. But lots of good info and girlchat. Feel free to share.

Another scorcher today. I am so tired of this heat and humidity. I dread my water bill. With everyone showering twice a day and dumping the hot water its gonna be a big one. My goats are holding up pretty well considering. They spend most of the day back on the hill where the cedar and other trees are thick. Its so much cooler up there. My pyrenese are not doing as well. I have been giving them cold goat milk along with there kibbles in the evening trying keep them cooler. They love the cold goat milk.

Well its about time to do a water change again. You all stay cool.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 102 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page