Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic
Page: of 102

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  5:52:19 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I can't believe I just read this. How sad. I am so sorry that happened. You must be heartbroken right now. How old was he? I am not sure I understand all that happened but I am so sorry for him. I hope you and your mother are able to work things out.

Hugs, Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  7:35:34 PM  Show Profile
oh my sweet friend i am so very sorry for you and your daughter. how sad this is and a difficult situation. please remember to breath. sending you love and support through this tough time. it is going to be a tough one to rise above. remember love never fails and it does forgive freely. in time you may be able to forgive her. so sorry sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  8:04:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm sitting here in shock. I can't imagine how you must feel. Sounds like there is a dynamic involved that goes beyond what happened today. I'll send healing thoughts to you on that. Casper did not associate what happened with you at all. The animals know who is good and who is not. Please hug your daughter for me. That grandmother has no idea what she just did to her relationship with her. So sad. What she did was wrong, intentional or not. You have a right to be upset. Be careful where you point those feelings until you have a chance to get over the shock. Losing an animal to a natural course of events is hard. Losing an animal to violence is awful. Been there done that. I'll be thinking about you.
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Author: Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  03:07:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh my I am so sorry to hear what happened!! You know you can tell her to never touch another animal of yours again! Have already warmed hubby that I may do the same eventually to FIL if he goes near mine. He is very rough and doesn't think twice or maybe care but no one will treat my animals badly. Prayers and a huge hug and love coming your way!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  05:24:02 AM  Show Profile
Angie, how are you this morning? I have been thinking about you and this whole situation. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

No babies yet. I am getting way too anxious here. I want some kids right now. But they do have 6 more days. I don't know if I am going to make it. I went ahead and put them back up front. That grass and clover is getting really high out there. It will be a jungle by the time I finally get lambs. I may just put Mazie and Chuck out there for a few months. Then I could put Chuck in a stall at night and milk Mazie. She just doesn't seem to have much milk. I know this is her first calf and she won't have as much as a cow that's had many calves. But should I just wait til the next calf to milk her? I watched Chuck nursing last night and he goes from one to another really fast. Just back and forth for a second on each teat. But he looks healthy and growing like a weed. So I think he's getting enough milk. I think I might need to wait another month or so.

Anyway, Angie, please know we are all here for you, farmgirl friend. Let us know how you are doing. Sending big warm hugs your way today. And a shoulder to cry on if you need it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  06:31:50 AM  Show Profile
I am doing ok. My dd's are doing ok. there are still a lot of tears. I am not sure I can stop those tears for now.
I so appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. I got up extra early and got all my chores done, so there was no confrontation. I want to sit down and explain, I do not treat my animals this way. Nor will I allow her to do the same. She is still certain she had nothing to do with his death. Now he has no way to get to extra food, he was not even out of his pen till she let him out. Then she grabbed him by his horns and drug him over 100feet, lifted him by his horns and threw him in the pen. He stood up screaming, ran to the corner of the pen,collapsed and then was screaming until he passed. His mouth,tongue and nose were white by the time I ran to him. He had a severed spinal cord. That is what killed him. She can not deny that. I am not ready to discuss this part with her.
I am gonna ban her from my barn yard. We will not allow this to happen again. We are closing on five acres this weekend. As soon as we get that fencing up her horse can be on that land along with their cows. This will help with keeping her away from my animals.
I do agree she has now changed her relationship with her youngest granddaughter.
I just pray she didn't do this on purpose. I also pray she didn't do this to get back at me, she has never liked or agreed with me. There is all this going through my head right now.
Thank you ladies for all of your support. I needed it. I really do appreciate all you ladies do to support me and each other.

Come visit my blog
http://angieruralliving.blogspot.com/

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  10:26:26 AM  Show Profile
Angie, sounds like you have it under control. Is this your mother or step? I read somewhere that your dad is buying property up the road. That will be nice. I really do pray that y'all are able to work this out and that she realizes what she's done.

I think we could have babies any time now. I had Abby and Sandy up front and when I went to check the mail I noticed how huge Abby's udder has gotten just since this morning. She is waddling big time. She stood at the gate like she wanted to go back to the barn. So I took them both back there. I put the pig back in her room and got some alfalfa and water in the barn for the goats. Abby went right to the back hay rack. She's just nibbling some hay. Her tail is very loose. So I think she could have some kids in the next few days. I am so excited! But poor Abby looks miserable right now. I bet her udder weighs at least 10-15 pounds.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  10:51:19 AM  Show Profile
Angie, It does not matter if she thinks she did it or not. You know what you know. Let that be enough. Trying to get her to admit it is wasted energy. It just puts the focus on that power struggle instead of what actually happened. It sounds like you have a plan that will eliminate future conflict of this kind. I don't believe you "allowed" this to happen. That makes you partially responsible. You are in no way responsible for her actions!
You were on my mind all evening and this morning. Know we are with you in spirit as you work through all the emotions this has brought up.
Go hug an animal, and treat yourself gently.
Hugs on you,
Connie

"I have three chairs in my house: one for solitude, two for friendship, three for company."
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  11:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Angie just caught up and read all the postings on the last 3 pages.
Is this your birth mother or stepmother?
I am so sorry for your loss of your buck. I can't even imagine what you have been going through. Praying for all of you.I don't know what else to say. I am with you in your sorrow. Peace and Hugs.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  12:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Angie,
So sorry for what you are going through! We are all here for you any time you need to talk things out. Big hugs for you and your daughters!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977
www.calicocandy.etsy.com

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  4:55:25 PM  Show Profile
Well, she done did it. And while I was gone walking with my friend up the road. I was only gone 1 hour and 15 minutes. I had a feeling she'd do it. So when I got home I went to check on her. And sure nuf, there were 2 little ones beside her. And they are adorable! I am going to make everyone guess what they are. They both look like Abby, black and tannish. But the 1st one has a perfect # 3 on it's right side. The 2nd one is a bit bigger and has white spots on it's sides. So cute! So one down, one to go. And 6 days early too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  8:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Yea for you Kristin! I guess one of each.
Connie

Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  03:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Kris-I guess does! I am so happy for you!
Thanks everyone for all the support. She is my birth mother. She has emotional and mental issues. I just never thought her capabible[sp] of hurting an animal. She has raised a lot of animals. She has told my youngest DD that our goats are just to fragile for her. I do not truly feel they are fragile. You can not drag any animal by their horns. Anyway, she has agreed not to go near my goats again. And I am looking for another buck to put with my Carmel. I do not want him depressed by himself. Well off to do chores and milk.

Come visit my blog

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

CMac
True Blue Farmgirl

1074 Posts

Connie
Ashland City TN
USA
1074 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  06:02:17 AM  Show Profile
Glad you have that bit of resolution,now hold her to it. Kids know bluff when they hear it as i'm sure you know. :) Still sending you love and light for healing and strength.
Connie

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  07:08:46 AM  Show Profile
Kristin I am thinking does for sure or at least one. Now quit making us wait and tell us already.....lol.. :)

I am glad they are healthy and cute. Congrats on your fur babies!!!

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  07:19:42 AM  Show Profile
Ok, go look on the One Down, One to go post. Sorry bout that for making y'all wait. I almost called you last night. I thought for sure she was going to have a few more kids. And I saw another little bubble. But it was just the afterbirth. Silly goat. She still looks like she could have had 4 more.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  5:28:33 PM  Show Profile
I love the pics, thanks!

Come visit my blog

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Angie, I am so sorry this has happened to you! You are in my prayers!

Sherry, I put up more pictures!

Kristin, your babies are cuties! I have one more doe that might be due in July. So excited! When is Sandy due?

Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:27:59 PM  Show Profile
Hannah, she is due any time now. I was thinking she might have them last night. She had a string of goo. So I checked on her a few times but nothing. So this morning I went out with a nice warm bucket of molasses water, but there she was, as fat as ever. Then I was gone all day with Mrs. T. It rained all day. When I left this morning it was just cloudy. So I opened the gate where Abby and the kids were and they were outside when I left. I worried about them all day. But I got home and they were all in the barn and dry. I was so relieved. And still no kids from Sandy. So we wait some more.

Your kids are SO cute. I want to come out there and bring Daisy home with me. Please????

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi All,
I am a city girl who knows almost nothing about cows or goats BUT my daughter married a Dairy farmer with about 300 cows. The big ones still scare me a little but I love bottle feeding the calfs. (I will never eat veal again!)My little grand-daughters feed calves most days. The cows are machine milked twice daily. They also have 1200 acres of crops-this is a family farm. I think they have 2 hired hands. I love going to the farm. I love the animals and I love seeing wheat swaying in the field. I have always wanted a little gaot and a sheep but my SIL says no. We'll see who wins in the long haul.
Anyway, I've read most of the 77 pages of posts on this topic and just "listening" to y'alls conversation delighted me, so I wanted to just say thanks.
Angie, I am SO sorry to hear about your goat. It just cuts to the heart. I hope you and your daughter can begin healing. Hugs, Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2011 :  4:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'm afriad little Daisy isn't for sale. ;) LOL! She is a cutie for sure though!

Joann, I'm so glad you enjoy our conversations! I hope you win the long haul and talk you SIL into getting some goats. :)

Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

"Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away."

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  6:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Not much happening here today. Daisy and Blossom are growing up so fast, I can hardly believe my eyes! Oh, how I wish they could stay little for a bit longer. ;)

Kris, any babies yet?!

Angie, How are you doing?

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219!

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  6:39:34 PM  Show Profile
I think Sandy might have them tonight. I put her in the stall where Abby had hers and moved Abby and her kids to the front. Sandy was standing outside the barn earlier and I didn't want her out there. She looks like she could have them soon. I am going to go check on her later. It's so cold here. And tonight it looks like it could rain any minute. The sky was purple and it's windy. I had to turn the heat back on. I have all the grandkids tonight.

Abby and her kids are doing great. I have noticed they are nursing on only one side so I have to milk her already. The cats and dogs are happy. I hope to get some soon. I wormed her with Ivemec Thursday, just to be on the safe side. They look fine. I may just do this one time.

I hope everyone has a great night.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2011 :  9:12:16 PM  Show Profile
oh kris keep us posted i am so tired from hazel new cow and farm. i gotta sleep. tomorrow i will share. but for now i am waiting to hear about your babies kris. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2011 :  05:09:28 AM  Show Profile
Nothing last night. I checked on her every time I woke up. And it was cold out there. And nothing this morning. I think she'll have triplets. She wants to come out. I'll let her since it's going to be nice today. Abby and kids are outside now. I milked her already.

Sherrye, she must be a handful. Is she hard to milk? Is the milk good? Can't wait to hear more form you. I hope you had a good nights sleep.

I got 6 meat chicks Friday and they are in a dog crate on the dining room table. They're about 5 weeks old so don;t need a heat light. When it gets to be May I will put them out in the back yard in a crate that I can move around so they can eat grass too. I put a cover on the cage at night and they all go to sleep. Then back to being chicks in the morning again. They are already pretty big.

Abby's kids are so cute. And so friendly so far. They follow their momma all over. They have such long legs. So cute.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 102 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page