Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Thinking of sunnier days Next Topic  

peafarm
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Penny
South Dakota
182 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  6:37:58 PM  Show Profile
I fought the snow tonight to do chores - a nice gentle snow all day for a few days means a lot of snow no matter how you look at it.

When I got back to the house, it made me think of sunnier,drier days and made me want to share one of my favorite pics with my favorite pet ... Molly. (She's the mini!)

It's been fun watching Molly go thru stages with the different dogs. The 'pups at heart' dogs want to play and they have some rip-roaring games of tag. When we first got her, our corgi thought it was his job to keep her in check. She disagreed and ran him out of the pasture. This went on for a few weeks. One day when we were at work they must have had quite the discussion as it changed completely overnight. He told her exactly what he wanted and she listened with no argument. And now they've moved to a more mutual relationship and take turns bossing the other.

I do love my mini! She's long on personality!

Anyone else reminiscing while tucked into our warm houses?

peafarm
http://peafarm.weebly.com/

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  6:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh she's beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  8:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I sure have been! It's snowing right now as I type and I am dreaming of the first green blades of spring grass for my girl- Tala. I am sure she is sick of only getting hay and grain ;) I am really looking forward to being able to take her out for walks and build up her muscles for riding!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  06:45:54 AM  Show Profile
hi penny welcome to farmgirl. we have had a break the last few days. time to clean stalls and get things dry again. then we will get hit one more time with winter here. i so enjoy my animals too. our calf cocoa was out ( i forgot to shut the gate) thats a kris trick. she and the goats and dogs ran all around twisting and bucking. so cute everyone happy. today i am hibernating with curtains closed and old movies and goodies. rest day here. it feels good already and i just got up. lol lol anyway welcome penny lets get to some more chatting. do you make soap or what are your hobbies etc. lots of the gals here are so talented. i learn new stuff everytime i am on here. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  07:48:18 AM  Show Profile
Well, this morning I woke up and the sun was trying to poke through some thin clouds. I went to feed the animals and didn't have to wear the usual 10 layers of clothes and jackets. So I grabbed a few books and put a chair on the driveway (the only solid surface on this property right now) and sat out there for about 5 minutes. I have discovered it's only warm when I am moving. I just about froze and the sun never did come through the clouds. So I came back inside and started some soap. I just looked out the window and it's SNOWING now! Good grief, what is going on here?

Now they'll probably freak out and call school off early. I'll miss Bible study again. It seems like Mondays are the snow days and holidays. Next Monday is President's Day. So I'll have Kansas. I have been to 1 Bible study since it started.

Anyway, the birds were so happy flitering aroung and singing. I saw the leaf buds in all the maple trees. So Spring is really just around the corner. Really. Isn't it?

Oh, welcome to the forum, Penny. Love the mini and the dog. But the picture is gone now. Have a great day. I hope it nicer where ya'll are.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Thinking of sunnier days Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page