Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Summer plans!? Next Topic  

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  12:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Farmgirls!
What are your summer plans this summer?!
It is really hard to go any place since I have milk goats but I think we are just going to chill out at home and enjoy it. Maybe go swimming, hiking, walking, biking, around here. I am really looking forward to it. Of cource, I am going to be sewing, crocheting, beading, etc for my esty site coming this fall. :) Can't wait. I am also hoping to get a job at the animal shelter!
What about you?!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  12:37:14 PM  Show Profile
It is our 10th anniversary. We are still finalizing our plans!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.eggsandherbs.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  12:43:48 PM  Show Profile
Congrats, Julie...that's next year for us (big plans, for sure!!!). I think we're just going to split it up into some looong weekends and drive all over Kentucky and Indiana. See some things we haven't seen and next year, head to the beach with my mom to let Violet dip her toes in the ocean, and then to Virginia with my man :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  3:47:26 PM  Show Profile
This summer will be sort of busy, sort of not! I have a basketball team, but that's all here in Milwaukee. My uncle's getting married, so my Mom and I will be making the trek to Michigan for that. I'm also watching my three cousins two days a week, and I hope to babysit a lot for a few people. Like Channah, I'll be crocheting and knitting all summer!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  4:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
wow! All of you farmgirls sound like you are going to have a great summer!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  6:44:41 PM  Show Profile
I am going with three friends and we are taking our Horses to the Happy Horse Hotel and staying in a bungalow with an outdoor bathroom and shower. It is in the hill country in Texas close to a place called the McKinney Roughs and we are going to trail ride our horses for four days. They even have a maze set up that you can ride your horse through. They have bon fires at night with musicians who come and play. I am so excited to go somewhere I can take my horses and not have to rent someone elses. I am so looking forward to it. It is just a few days but it is going to be so much fun.

I hope everyone has a great summer.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  7:11:17 PM  Show Profile
I will be working (praise God) but I am planning to do yard work and get my house back together. No beach because of the oil spill! I will enjoy the pool in the backyard probably just as much!

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  8:44:57 PM  Show Profile
We will be camping on weekends as much as we can. I'm going to VA to visit my parents the middle of July for about a week. Just me and Truman. I'm looking forward to that, but I know I will miss my hubby and the other two boys. We also have a trip planned for three days at Sesame Place in PA with the boys. We went last year and they had so much fun! Me, not so much as I was 8 months preggo with Truman, so this year I will really be able to enjoy it :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  07:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
thank you so much for sharing ladies! I hope you have a wonderful summer!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Thweattheart
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Julie
New York NY
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  07:40:19 AM  Show Profile
My hubby and I will be headed upstate to a B&B for my birthday in June and then ALL plans revolve around my daughters wedding at our home in August...her wedding dress came in today and it is just beautiful...made me cry just to see her hold it up in front of her...have yet to see her in it since she ordered it over the internet...

Julie~
If not me...then who?
If not now...then when?

Go to Top of Page

Thweattheart
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Julie
New York NY
USA
21 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  07:42:28 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Faransgirl

I am going with three friends and we are taking our Horses to the Happy Horse Hotel and staying in a bungalow with an outdoor bathroom and shower. It is in the hill country in Texas close to a place called the McKinney Roughs and we are going to trail ride our horses for four days. They even have a maze set up that you can ride your horse through. They have bon fires at night with musicians who come and play. I am so excited to go somewhere I can take my horses and not have to rent someone elses. I am so looking forward to it. It is just a few days but it is going to be so much fun.

I hope everyone has a great summer.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".

This sounds absolutely fabulous!! Although I haven't been on a horse in years, this sounds like a dream weekend...I hope you and everyone have a wonderful summer!!

Julie~
If not me...then who?
If not now...then when?

Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  7:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Well the 27th of May mine and my DH anniversery. And we are getting our 2 granddaughters for 3 weeks in June and 1 week in August....Cant wait..oh yea..I am going to Myrtle Beach with a few girls from work. for 2 days at the end of June...but I am more excited about having my grands with us
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  09:29:18 AM  Show Profile
I would love to take the grands camping this summer. My parents gave us their very nice big camper with AC and kitchen and bathroom and even a master bedroom with queen bed. Plus a bunk room. So I would love to take it to a nice park on a lake and leave it for awhile and go on weekends. I could come home to milk the goats and check the gardens and feed critters then go back. My kids could go and spend the weekend too. That's what I would like to do. Don't know if it will happen though. It's such a busy time here in the summer.

I hope everyone has a very nice happy summer.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on May 26 2010 7:37:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  11:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Kristin! that sounds like tons of fun!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  6:37:08 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
Summer WOW we are out of school as of today and we are so glad and only 13 days until we leave for vacation. My daughter and I will be flying to PA to visit some very close friends and then see our special Amish friends as well and doing a visit to DC while we are there and on the boat for a couple of day and I am planning on see Staci--another farm girl while we are there cant wait!!!!! A FULL vataion!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  7:09:51 PM  Show Profile
I really need to clean my house now that I am off for the summer as of today. I'm going to meet the Farmgirls on the Loose at the site near Independence, KS and I have a 35th class reunion coming up. I'm also, taking watercolor painting and belly dance classes. Of course, I hope to get some sewing and craft projects completed. WE might do some weekend trips around Kansas.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Summer plans!? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page