Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Rain, Rain, Rain and Tractor Pulls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Rain, Rain, Rain and Tractor Pulls Next Topic  

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  8:45:41 PM  Show Profile
Its really coming down here at the Poor House. It has rained so much that #1 son got jeep stuck feeding my weanling calves. I had to go get the tractor to haul him out....really easy coz so muddy but we both got soaked. We have really had the rain fall this season but I hope where u r it is pleasant.

Just got my number. # 1093 The Chapter here is the Poor House Farmgirls and we are looking the add new members so come on down and join us for ice tea under the willow tree (virtually, that is).

I start stitching on Henretta tomorrow and then the sky is the limit. WOOO-HOOO to all!!! Daizy

PHR Farmgirl

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  9:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh so sorry about all the rain!!! Not fun!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  12:08:23 PM  Show Profile
We have had more rain than normal this year too. We have sun today and are suppose to all weekend but Monday it is suppose to start again. We have a lake in the back yard and the pastures are horrible. The horses are up to their knees in mud. They have been in the stalls for three days. They will be out today and the weekend then it is back in on Monday. They are so bored one of them tore hug holes in his hay bag and the mare next to him shoved all the bares out between them and then started on the cinder blocks. She has three pushed through. We need at least a week of sun for it to even start drying out.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  4:48:39 PM  Show Profile
Daisy:
Here in SW Louisiana, we had another day of rain. YUK. Hope it misses your area.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  5:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Same stuff is coming from the sky as yesterday only now its drizzle and a fine mist...not the kind of rain that drips off your hat and off your nose but the kind that covers you with that fine mist that even gets under your hat....somehow! Well the cows were feed and being the Farmgirl that I am I did not get stuck (but I came close). Don't tell #1 son...It would be a blow to his ego that Mom can do it and he can't.

Tomorrow is suppose to be rain off and on so maybe I can finally get that fence pulled during the drier times. I hate to sit in the truck and wait so I usually end up in the elements anyway just to "get it dun".

Hay, Faransgirl, have you tried the big balls for the horses to play with while in the stalls. Sounds like you better try SOMETHING before the barn is demolished. LOL.

PHR Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  7:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Yep its been rainy here all day too, hopefully tomorrow will be prettier! Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  05:40:08 AM  Show Profile
It's still rainy here. Daizy, a few weeks ago the trash truck got stuck in our yard trying to turn around. I knew it was gonna happen. So I had to go get my neighbor across the road to bring his tractor and he pushed him out. So now we have big truck and tractor tire marks all over our clay mud pit. My DD started the mess out there and it's only getting worse. There are ponds all over. My gardens are under water. My cow is knee deep in it. All I see of my goats is their heads poking out the barn door hollering for more hay. "Hey (hay) lady, where are ya? We're starrrrving out here. Come on with the food now! Quick! Hurry before we pass out." That's all they want from me. Pigs! The cows are the same way. Except they're bigger pigs. Mazie will start climbing up the fence when she wants more. Big pig!

Poor horses, Beth.. It does sound like they are bored. I have my calf in a stall, too. It's wet in half of it. But I can tell she wants out bad. But it's the same way here. At least it ain't snow!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Rain, Rain, Rain and Tractor Pulls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page