Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Button Swap!! UPDATE FIRST PAGE!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Button Swap!! UPDATE FIRST PAGE! Next Topic
Page: of 10

knitnpurlgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Georgina
Cammack Village Arkansas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  7:23:59 PM  Show Profile
I have received some wonderful buttons from MarcyL,CandyC, One Crafty Bugger, MeadowCrone, and Missgive. Thank you so much. I have enjoyed going to the mailbox everyday and finding an envelope with some buttons. My 15 yr old daughter has been just as excited. She has asking for some of the buttons to make into rings. This is the first swap to be involved in, and i am loving it. thank you ladies for being so wonderful. Georgina

knitnpurlgirl
Go to Top of Page

knitnpurlgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Georgina
Cammack Village Arkansas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  7:26:38 PM  Show Profile
I also received some buttons from Elizabeth Long. Thank you. I didn't have you on my list but I am sending out my buttons tomorrow and have included your address. Thank you Channah for all the work you have done to make this possible. Georgina

knitnpurlgirl
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  9:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You ladies are most welcome!! I am so glad you are having fun!! Thank you all for doing it with me!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  05:46:05 AM  Show Profile
I sent my buttons out yesterday (Tuesday, February 16) at our local post office. In fact, the postmaster was working the counter and he was going to hand stamp each envelope so hopefully they will all come through okay. The postage for mine cost $0.88 each envelope. I have received buttons from LisaL, CandyC, Robin, Bernadine, and MarcyL. LisaL and MarcyL buttons came in "we care envelopes and the enclosed document was inadvertantly damaged in handling". Both of Lisa's buttons made it through but only one of Marcy's buttons arrived. Love them all and am enjoying the variety. On Saturday, I went to the Arizona Button Society's annual show and found the buttons that I sent to you all.

Carole

In light, love, and friendship!
Go to Top of Page

marcyl
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

marcy
st peters mo
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  06:40:04 AM  Show Profile
I got buttons from Candace, Robin and Carol, I'm sorry you didn't get your buttons Candace, I will resend them today.This was my first swap, think I have learned a little about packaging.

Edited by - marcyl on Feb 17 2010 06:47:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  12:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
Greeting all Ladies wanted to tell you got a call of the hubby while teaching and he said that I had lots of mail --he said it like Christmas and I wanted to say thanks for the buttons from Candace, Lisa,Robin, Bernadine,Linda, it was a fun day I received some sweet buttons Thanks to all of you!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  1:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for my buttons from Bernadine, Robin, Marcy, Kim and Candace.
Mine will go out tomorrow. Enjoy!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  2:48:49 PM  Show Profile
Carol, the Arazona Button Society!??? that sounds like fun, can you tell us a little about it? I am not sure, but I dont think we have anything like that here in Mass.

I also recived buttons today... How claver! the wooden spoon wrapped in buttons from Ms. Cook and the star button from Kim in Fla. Thank you ladies!

Oh happy day!
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  4:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
Kim thanks for the buttons I recieved in the mail today the envelope was tore but the buttons ares good!!!

Thanks again.

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

bjhuff
True Blue Farmgirl

325 Posts

Betty Jo
Sturgis South Dakota
USA
325 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  4:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Send bjhuff an ICQ Message
I wanted to mention thanks for the awesome buttons on the wooden spoon what a sweet idea from Bernadine and the card was a sweet card from Candy--I love the heart as well!!! Thanks to you all!!!

***BettyJo****
Go to Top of Page

elisa in the woods
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Elisabeth
Central Florida Florida
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  5:56:15 PM  Show Profile
Thank you to Marcy L!

I received your envelope today, torn a bit, but the buttons were there!

I think that we who are new to this are learning about mailing buttons successfully! Some of my envelopes have arrived torn, and I did get one back that must be remailed, so please don't feel bad!

Thank you again!
Lisa L

Thou wilt keep them in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee. Isaiah 26:3

http://elisa-in-the-woods.blogspot.com/

Edited by - elisa in the woods on Feb 21 2010 07:08:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

missgive
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Kim
Blairsville Georgia
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2010 :  6:55:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
I love the buttons I got from Lisa, Marcy ad Robin and the great little spoon from Bernadine - I will have to try this with my little Farmettes as we work on the buttons badge with them. They make a great addition to my collection.

Blessings,
Kim

Kim (aka missgive)
Proud Farmgirl Sister #927
A Farmgirl Sister headed for my mountain home and farm in 2010.
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  07:19:14 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I received buttons from Betty Jo (BJ Huff) and Kim (Missgive). The Arizona Button Society annual show was interesting; it is the first time that I've gone to one so I don't know that much on how it works. There were about 15 vendors selling a variety of buttons. On Saturday evening, dinner was scheduled with a guest speaker, Jocelyn Howells, who has written a couple of books on buttons and she also writes for the Bead and Button magazine. The society had literature on button collecting. In fact, I mentioned to one of the vendors that I was buying buttons for a button swap on MaryJanesFarm website and she recognized the name and said that she had read the magazine and would have to check the website out. There is a National Button Society, which has a website.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  3:35:50 PM  Show Profile
I received buttons from Marilyn. Great variety. Thanks!

Farmgirl sister #308
handmade cards, vintage organizer bags and more at www.jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
http://jeanpatch.blogspot.com
www.fullerdirect.com
id#0920150
www.watkinsonline.com/rjaramillo
Go to Top of Page

elisa in the woods
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Elisabeth
Central Florida Florida
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  3:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much to Betty Jo (BJHuff) and to Marilyn(Edlund33) for the beautiful buttons that I received today! It was a pleasant cheer-me-up on a day when I am battling some kind of bug.

Thank you again
Warmly,
Lisa L

Edited by - elisa in the woods on Feb 21 2010 07:13:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  4:36:08 PM  Show Profile
I received buttons today from Betty Jo , Marilyn , Candace .The buttons I have been getting have been so much fun. A really good spring pick me up.I have been away from the list for a while . It has been fun getting started back with a Button Swap
I also sent the rest of my buttons out today.
I would also like to know if you could put the last names with the 2 Robin's so I know when people have received mine.
Thanks so much

Robin
Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From Sheep to Handspun."
http://mountainmorningfarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - shepherdess on Feb 21 2010 09:28:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltingfarmergirl
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Barbara
Cato NY
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  5:37:30 PM  Show Profile
I had 2 more envelopes with buttons waiting for me tonight when I got home! Thanks to Linda C and Marilyn E..beautiful and all arrived intact. That big pink one is a dandy, Linda!

Barb
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1497 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  5:50:04 PM  Show Profile
As of today I have received buttons from Candy C, Betty Jo H, Robin M, Bernadine C, Kim , Carol M, Debbie S, Marcy L, Channah O and Lisa L. Thank you so much ladies - they are all very delightful and have arrived intact!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on Feb 21 2010 08:35:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  5:52:17 PM  Show Profile
A big thanks to both Barbara from NY and Betty Jo from SD, your buttons were waiting for me when I got home. I love seeing how we each have our own "button" packaging style.
Carole, thanks for the info on the National button society web page, I am going to check it out! Who knew!??

Oh happy day!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  5:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
YAY!! I am so happy my buttons got there ok Marilyn!! YAY!! My last swap, I don't think anyone got my buttons.... I have learned alot from that swap!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

dixiecuz
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

patricia
cleveland ga
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  04:10:12 AM  Show Profile
hey ladies finally got all buttons in the mail thanks for the buttons i have recieved allready hope you enjoy the buttons
Go to Top of Page

foreverbooks
True Blue Farmgirl

514 Posts

Carole
Tombstone AZ
USA
514 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  05:23:54 AM  Show Profile
I received two more sets of buttons last night, from Linda C. and Betty Jo. They seem to be coming in pairs. This has definitely been an enjoyable swap!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

mamawolf
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Heather
Sublimity OR
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  08:29:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies! I just wanted to let all of you know that my buttons will be going out today or tomorrow. This is my first swap, and I've been a little disorganized. I love the buttons I have received thus far!

Thanks Bunches,

Heather

We Are,...American Farmgirls(and darn proud of it!)
Go to Top of Page

elisa in the woods
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Elisabeth
Central Florida Florida
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  11:02:35 AM  Show Profile
My DH just brought me the mail, crying,"You've got buttons!"

...And I do! Thank you to Barbara, Debbie, and Marcy! The buttons are wonderful and everything arrived in perfect shape!

Sending and receiving has been such fun! Again, I'm so inspired by the precious ladies that took part in this swap, but also with the incredible women of MJF. This adds such a special dimension to my life.

Thank you again.
Warmly,
Lisa L

Edited by - elisa in the woods on Feb 21 2010 07:03:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  12:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I mailed out the rest of mine so let me know when you get it!! Thank you all for doing this swap! It wouldn't have been as much fun without you!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Button Swap!! UPDATE FIRST PAGE! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page