Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic mudd!!! Next Topic  

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  10:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Anyone just sick and tired of all the mud wherever you go. My driveway is just one huge mud hole.

blessins
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  10:35:30 PM  Show Profile
I hear ya!! I am willing to take snow, hail..almost anything rather than this awful mud and muck !!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  10:44:38 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Break up in Alaska is legendary for all the mudd. I am so tired of the mudd. i can't even walk across the drive way without getting muddy, and the dogs i swear they are going out and wallowing in it then coming inside and tracking it all over the place. Ahhh good luck controlling the mud around your places.

Valerie
Alaska Girl all the way
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Go to Top of Page

frontierlady
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

KY
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  06:22:35 AM  Show Profile
We had a delivery guy bringing in something heavy and I said, "Just
come on in with it." He told me that he didn't want to get any MUD
in the house.

Our rule is everyone takes their shoes off at the front door.
At least that way the mud stays at the door!

I'm kind of sick of it too.
Go to Top of Page

MullersLaneFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Rock Falls IL
596 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  05:08:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm wishing we had mud! It's been so dang dry around here the past couple of years! I would prefer having to clean up the mud instead of the loose blowing dirt/sand that gets everywhere!

Cyndi
Say NO! to National Animal ID
http://www.NoNAIS.org
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Illinois_Against_NAIS

Joshua 24:15

Muller's Lane Farm
http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

WednesdaysChild
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Mandy
Suncheon
Korea
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  02:19:29 AM  Show Profile
We have some mud going on here too with April Showers, but I'm really dreading Typhoon Season in a couple months. Maybe it will blow the mud away... o_0

Mandy

A Canadian farmgirl in S. Korea.
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  07:12:38 AM  Show Profile
I just love the mud because then I have an excuse to buy more and wear rubber boots. But I do hate keeping the dogs in but otherwise my floor would look terrible.

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

JanO
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Jan
Washington
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  07:31:43 AM  Show Profile
I am sick of the mud! We've been squishing in it since last fall, my yard is a swamp and now just when we think it's going to dry out, we got more rain and more MUD! We plan on putting down a lot of gravel this summer in hopes of taking care of some of the problem before next year.
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  7:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
We have wet sand! Sand, sand, and more wet sand. Does anyone have directions for one of those shoe scrapes that you can put outside your entrance? On the bright side my flowers are blooming.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

frontierlady
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

KY
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  06:44:59 AM  Show Profile
I went looking for a shoe scraper. This one is really nifty.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/ah_moneysaving_recycle/article/0,1801,HGTV_3131_1386589,00.html

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2006 :  11:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
wow great link. might have to go make one of these this weekend.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  07:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Thanks for the link. Printed it and will be constructing this week. One for every door. Good thing we don't have much carpet. Thanks again.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  06:04:46 AM  Show Profile
haven't found any mud-puddles to splash around in ... in 'ole kentuck! lots of GRASS growng though! honey hunk is gonna' have to get out that mower soon's he hits home!

my friends who are building our porch said they saw our olde resident friend, Jake the Snake slithering around! oh great! that's all i need .. if for a snake to drop into my hair when i go for the dog food! now that's the day .. i do indeed invent the latest dance craze! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2006 :  9:03:55 PM  Show Profile
We are wallowing in muddiness here, too... I have at least managed to wood-chip the main paths that I use to the animals and garden area, but WOW does that mud make it into the house!!! We have really old boot scrapers by the doors that were anchored into the cement when it was poured in the forties (thirties, twenties?!?!?), and they still work, but somehow, that red clay mud just makes its way into the house anyway...

It's this springtimey weather that really makes our mudroom feel like a true MUD-ROOM!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  12:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow - and almost a year later - the mudroom is, again, a MUD ROOM. I'm back spreading wood-chips around and slogging through the yard... Do you farmgirls have any new hints for mud-management?

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  3:00:03 PM  Show Profile
We have wet sand at our house too and luckily it soaks up the water pretty quickly but we do still have muddy places right after a rain. Unfortunately we have had rain all week

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  4:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Sneak out late at night and go play in it. Better yet, grab the kids, or the neighbors kids, play in the mud right in the middle of the day and remember how fun it used to be. Send cookies over to neighbor after you're done.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  7:21:26 PM  Show Profile
No mud here yet, I envy Valerie with her mud in Homer, but mine will be coming soon, just snowing again today. And mud is better than dust you guys!! jo

"life is drab without a lab"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum15.html
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  7:52:52 PM  Show Profile
Okay - it's muddy play day tomorrow!!! If it's warm enough, I'll join in. Thanks, Michelle, for adding such a fun element to what I always think as a pain in the neck! You farmgirls always have such good angles on things - I LOVE IT! ...and Jo - MORE SNOW?!?!?!? When does spring come to your neck of the woods?

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  09:24:42 AM  Show Profile
We call it mud season around here. Happens twice a year. Will have to hand feed the beefers, as getting a tractor unstuck is no fun. One benefit of feeding small square bales yet. Michele
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  1:17:07 PM  Show Profile
You know it's spring when you get asked at the local feed store "how's the mud at your place?" Happy Spring!JoAnn

I've always been called a dreamer, but I never listened. I did what others dare not do--lived my dream while they watched. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  2:26:57 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Don't worry Jo this is an old post if you look at the date of my last one it was from last year. I don't have mud either, I wish. All I still have is ice and snow. I knept hoping we would have an early spring this year but it does not look like it is going to happen.

Valerie
Yes, I live in my own little world. But that's ok they know me here.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic mudd!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page