Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Fess up ...How many aprons do you have? =)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fess up ...How many aprons do you have? =) Next Topic
Page: of 2

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  07:51:19 AM  Show Profile
That's so cool - especially that it is a family heirloom apron!! You will love wearing it.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  07:57:48 AM  Show Profile
That is very sweet! Mend it and love it and wear it often =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  07:17:03 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan, don't feel bad. I don't have one either. But I hope to rectify that this week. I bought patterns years ago to make one but never got around to doing it.
Go to Top of Page

Leelee
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Wraylee
Diamond WA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  4:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Ah Aprons, is there anything better, really? I have around 50 vintage aprons. My most cherished is one that my husbands great grandma hand stitched and painted a parisole lady on. It's so incredibly dainty! Second fav would have to be one made from a flour sack from Lehi Roller Mills in Lehi Ut. Great topic, I could go on and on!

Feeling down? Saddle up!
www.quiltcropandcabbage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  5:19:38 PM  Show Profile
Wraylee, where is Diamond, WA? I just got 4 aprons for Christmas and one of them was handmade by my grandma's aunt - it is so cool!! Love the old ones

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  5:31:08 PM  Show Profile
I've never counted but probably around 15 to 20, I have some here of course and some at my cabin. And I've given some to my daughters. My two favorites are my Grandma's apron, and my Great Grandma's apron. I never got to meet my Great Grandmother, but I've learned a lot about her.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  5:41:42 PM  Show Profile
Some of my fondest memories of my Mom and Grandma are visions of them in their aprons. I always loved them on them. But, I have to be honest and say I don't own a single one. I just don't look good in them. But, it doesn't stop me from admiring everyone elses!!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Leelee
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Wraylee
Diamond WA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  08:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Amy- Diamond is not far from you, actually! We are that little tiny town between the Palouse Empire Fairgrounds and Endicott on the Endicott HWY. We live outside of town, just above the Palouse River.

Feeling down? Saddle up!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  09:14:00 AM  Show Profile
I have never counted but my favorite is one my mother gave me for a birthday. She is very artistic and painted scenes from our farm on it. A rescued kitten, a lamb that we lost when it took off under a fence, horses stomped it to death, a nest of field mice in the hay and my favorite rooster. I lOVE that apron.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  5:53:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh duh, I knew it sounded familiar Wraylee!! I have driven by the turnoff taking my son to baseball games. We should have a palouse get-together this spring maybe:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Leelee
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Wraylee
Diamond WA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  10:21:50 PM  Show Profile
Amy- A Palouse get-together sounds great! I have a big grassy yard and am out in the country, be happy to host something if we could pull it together!! Spring may be teasing us but it's still a ways off.

Feeling down? Saddle up!
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3327 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3327 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  11:40:23 PM  Show Profile
You know...I don't have a single one!

Not one!!

I know, I know...I am apron-challenged. First, my 2nd hand sewing machine took it's final bow about a year ago ( I had that lovely ton and a half masterpiece of a sewing machine for ions!!)and I haven't been able to find a real sturdy 'vintage' replacement. Second, I am not a very good seamstress and I envy all 'yall out there who are artists with a needle and thread! I have limited myself to doing embroidery, hand quilting, hemming curtains, redwork and the occasional replacement of a button now and again. But, ladies I just never acquired the knack of sewing with patterns, etc. I attribute it to my former high school home ec teacher! She told me once I had a "lead foot!" Must have traumatized me!

I do love spying a vintage apron at rummage sales and at the Goodwill, but I have never bought one. Sniff!

Sad, but true...

Melody

Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fess up ...How many aprons do you have? =) Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page