Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Fess up ...How many aprons do you have? =)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fess up ...How many aprons do you have? =) Next Topic
Page: of 2

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  3:08:10 PM  Show Profile
I'm up to 13 ( I'm a beginner apron fanatic!)and have some wonderful fabric and patterns for more...I especially love to find them in the antique shops I think of all of the love and care that is in the fabric of those aprons and it brings special kind of happiness to me

I'm thinking of hand sewing a half apron this weekend if I get the time. A girl can NEVER have too many aprons!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  3:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I only have 2. :)
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  3:15:02 PM  Show Profile
Let's see, from what I can recall while sitting here, I've 8 of them. Most were sweet gifts from my Mom and my dear farmgirl friends :)
I found a pattern I loved and made a few in that pattern. :D After all, when you find a good thing...hehe
hugs,
Jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  3:21:13 PM  Show Profile
I have 3 or 4 that my grandma made, and then 2 that I have made!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  3:23:58 PM  Show Profile
6 all of them gifts!!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  3:29:29 PM  Show Profile
I've been collecting for quite a while - most are vintage aprons from thrift stores, a few have been made for me and two are family heirlooms. I have made a couple too - so my grand total is 43 - yikes!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  3:32:59 PM  Show Profile
Amy Grace, I'm gonna have to work real hard to catch up =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  4:32:14 PM  Show Profile
I have 8 but if you count the reversible one I have 9. Have fabric for a bunch more. I love my three girls but making things for them sure does take up time. LOL

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  5:47:30 PM  Show Profile
I have about 12. Maybe a bakers dozen I have yet to make one for myself. The others have been heirlooms, gift and thrift.

~Kayce~
Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)

Check out PenPals for FarmKids http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38599
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13647 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13647 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  6:47:12 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Two that belonged to my mother-in-law;
Five that are mine, some I made, two were gifts, one from the thrift store.
I make them . . . a lot of them as I sell them . . so I have my "inventory" as well.

FUN! FUN! FUN!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  6:48:29 PM  Show Profile
17 so far. but theres still time get more!

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  8:02:13 PM  Show Profile
I think about 12. You know Kayce I didn't realize it until you mentioned it I don't have one that I have made myself. Several have been made by my Mom. But soon I'm going to have 13. I'm going to make myself one right after I finish the one I'm trading for the Harry Potter books and the one for my middle sister's birthday and the one for my mom (she wants one like my oldest sisters) and the one for my daughter-in-law. I just finished one for my oldest sister's birthday and I was so excited to get to her birthday party I forgot to take a picture. It really turned out cute. OK well maybe not soon but I am going to make myself one.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1709 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1709 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  8:07:58 PM  Show Profile
8 so far. 2 that I made and the rest gifts. Need to make more. Aprons are so handy to have.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

donna rae
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Donna Rae
Virginia Beach VA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  4:44:10 PM  Show Profile
I only have 2, but they both belonged to my dear grandmother and I wear the everyday one with a happy heart!

Donna Rae
Farmgirl Sister # 593
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  10:35:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm guessing about a dozen. I have some vintage 40's to 50's era ones that I bought for $1 each when I lived in IL at a flea market. Then I have a couple that were my MIL.
I can't give a real accurate accounting as I still have boxes packed in storage from when I moved out here 5 years ago.
Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  11:13:04 PM  Show Profile
well I am on my 3rd container of aprons, at last count I had over 75...that was about 4-5 aprons ago! yikes I do have an apron addiction.
I luv collecting vintage "store bought" aprons, you know the ones that were factory made & sold in stores....because it was a luxury to buy an apron. I do collect vintage hand made ones as well and of course there are the ones I have made. The most recent one being made using a vintage late 1940's pattern.(on my blog)
I actually made a few for this summer to sell...maybe, if I can part with them....haha!
In fact I am making another Burlap apron & a Martini themed apron for a swap that I am in.
Luv those aprons....
easy to make
wonderful to give
delightful to wear....

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  11:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
52 at last count and my collection is going to continue to grow and grow : )

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

http://www.etsy.com/shop/justanotherhousewife
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  09:12:32 AM  Show Profile
Grace and Amanda I'm glad you all spoke up - I was starting to feel like an apron over-achiever. I love finding vintage ones for $1 - but I have gotten to where I have to be more selective. I am making a couple right now but not sure if I will keep them or swap or sell them
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  09:15:27 AM  Show Profile
You girls are an inspiration! I am in love with aprons!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  5:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Too many to count since I have to count all my grandma's and mom's that are in storage for now..We are getting ready to remodel our home for the first time since I own my grandparent's home which was built in 1958.

Love me like I am. farmgirl #801
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  12:11:58 AM  Show Profile
I have at least 30 total..but have about 8 that I wear all the time. I like the 1940's style aprons and wear them daily.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  06:28:20 AM  Show Profile
I'm ashamed to admit I don't have even a single apron. I am one who has to just change my clothes after baking and cooking. Isn't that pathetic? I made one for my mom though. It was really cute and I don't think she ever uses it :( Not only that, but she has my dad's grandmother's (the only farmgirl in our family) apron. My dad was practically raised by his grandmother, so he got her apron when she passed. I would really LOVE to have it, but my mom has it and she doesn't use it. It needs some repair too.

Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  07:32:33 AM  Show Profile
Siobhan - you need an apron!! Aunt Jenny - my favorite ones are my 1940's feedsack over-the-head models - they cover up everything and there is nothing more endearing than coming home to find your 17yo son wearing one while making cookies out of the 1940s edition Better Homes cookbook:D
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  07:33:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh and Annika - at some point you will stumble across the apron motherlode at a thrift store and next thing you know you have 50 aprons!!

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  07:36:16 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by graciegreeneyes

there is nothing more endearing than coming home to find your 17yo son wearing one while making cookies out of the 1940s edition Better Homes cookbook:D

Please tell me you have pictures of this :)

Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  07:43:44 AM  Show Profile
I just asked my mom if I could have my dad's G'ma's apron and she said yes! She is going to send it to me when she gets back from her trip to CA. So it looks like I will finally have my first apron! I'm so excited :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fess up ...How many aprons do you have? =) Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page