Previous Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic A sad realization... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rea231
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

139 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  08:29:31 AM  Show Profile
I raised 2 boys... Although they balked at the ruffles and lace both are awesome in the kitchen. I am hoping for grand babies to dress in pink!

The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  2:10:30 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Siobhan, How are you doing dear?? I have been thinking about you lots and hope everything is going good for you! My prayers are with you! Let me know if I can do anything!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  03:45:54 AM  Show Profile
I am in the opposite of your shoes. I have three girls and have always wanted a boy. I never liked the lace and ruffles thing for myself and was actually horrified when my first daughter started insisting on it! She is now fifteen and is ALL GIRL! My middle daughter is my tomboy and that has softened the blow for me. She is 9 now and works by my side in the garden and the barn like a trooper. My youngest still has a ways to go before we know which way she'll turn. She's only 16 months old.

I was told when I was only 14 that I'd never have children. At 17 I had my first and firgured that was it for me, my miracle baby. That's why the ruffles and lace so horrified me. Then 6 years later came another surprise, number 2. It really helped when she turned out more like her momma and became my tomboy. Then 8 years later, number 3. I didn't even know I was pregnant till I was 5 months along! I was told she would have downs syndrome. My DH and I never even hesitated about keeping her. Turns out the doctor was wrong and she doesn't have it. We were blessed with 3 miracles and we have accepted that there will be no little boys for us. My mom had 3 girls as well and always wanted a boy. Now she has three grandsons and four granddaughters. I guess I'll have to hope for the same.

On a side note just to share a giggle... My dr told me I absolutely had to stop with this one. He said at the rate I was spacing them, 6years then 8 years, my next one would be born in 2018 and he was retiring in 2016! He said he would not come out of retirement just for me and he wouldn't trust anyone else to deliver me so I had to stop! LOL!

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  03:56:45 AM  Show Profile
My son only had 2 little girls, no son, but they stopped anyway. I have to say they used to be little devils but not now. Everyone would say, "How pretty, look aat that long black hair," and I would think "if you only knew." lol
Go to Top of Page

greentea
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Alicia
Wisconsin
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  09:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Send greentea an AOL message  Send greentea a Yahoo! Message
I'm in the same boat. I have one son, and would love to have a girl too. But my marriage is unpleasant so i can't add another child. I thought I'd come to terms with this, until my son started to realize he's a boy...around age 4, and suddenly it's harder again.

My son's blog (designed to keep in touch with Grandma and all her friends:
http://babycork.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LouisvilleMom
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

Kathryn
Louisville KY
USA
246 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  8:40:53 PM  Show Profile
I am the mom of 4 boys and I understand what you are saying but I actually prefer my boys! I love my friends girls but ALL of them have told me it is much harder to raise a girl. I know it is all a matter of preference but I think God gave us what he knew we would raise best. I do wish my youngest were not special needs but boys are an absolute blast! Give me a dirty creek and a bucket of crawdads over tea parties anyday!

SAHM mom to four great boys.

http://ksfarnsworth.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  08:00:45 AM  Show Profile
i am the mom of 4 boys. its the finest thing i ever did. the dynamics were perfect for me. i enjoyed every minute. i was so discouraged when my last was a boy. well that ended quick. he is such a fine man now. now i have 4 granddaughters and 6 grandsons. so we are still throwing a lot a boys around here. i am a tough cookie and boys worked for me. i taught them to cook clean drive hunt fish. they taught me to lighten up laugh not to sweat the small stuff and to ask for help when i needed it. i have 5 strong men to love me and care for me and to celebrate my life with. happy days sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  08:47:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sherrye! I think I am finally coming to terms with it and actually loving the idea of raising all boys now. Especially when their little friends who are girls come over to play in our yard, I realize that I don't know a thing about girls and they kinda scare me. The good thing is that I am at home with my boys and they are always very interested in what I'm doing, whether it be cooking or gardening or sewing or knitting. I think that I will still be able to teach them to do a lot of what I would teach a girl. I mean, what better way to bless my future daughters-in-law than to teach my sons to cook and clean up after themselves, right? :) I am also finding as they get older that they become so laid back and easy going and that is good for me. I don't know now that I could even handle the drama that comes wrapped in pink and bows LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Kerbear
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Kerry
Middle Tennessee
USA
261 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  2:17:52 PM  Show Profile
I was just telling my DH the other day that I wouldnt mind having a second boy because our son has been so much fun. I dont think I would know what to do with a girl either, Siobhan. Boys are so much fun!

You have so many wonderful things to share with your boys! And boys do love their Mommas.

~Kerry Anne
Farmgirl Sister #975
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  3:40:56 PM  Show Profile
I have one each and I think raising a boy is much easier than a girl. DD has two boys and one girl and she says the same. Enjoy those little guys they grow up to be Men too soon. My DS is 35 and I still tell him he's my baby boy!

Hugs, Brenda

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matter compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

homsteddinmom
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Brandee
bullard tx
USA
441 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  05:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Send homsteddinmom a Yahoo! Message
I have a girl and boy. I know what you mean about getting the baby fever. I had no choice but to close the factory down after my last i was 26 years old. I so wanted more. Now add 10 years to that and i dont want anymore! My oldest is gonna be 13 and youngest 10 so got my hands full now...lol

Homesteading Mom in East Texas. Raising chickens, Rabbits and goats here on my farm!
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  08:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I had to ask my mom which was easier and she said girls were. lol I have 2 older brothers ( 19 and 18 years old) and one younger sister ( 14 years old). My brothers can be handfuls at times but there great. :) So is my sister.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  06:40:50 AM  Show Profile
My cousin had 4 girls before he stopped trying for a boy.

For me, it took so long to have a baby...I didnt think I could have one at all. I was working on trying to close that door in my life when my son came. I would have liked to have had another child, but my age and health meant that was not likely. DS is 4 now and I wish he had a brother but its just not meant to be. I feel blessed that I have one child. I know so many women who could not have even that. I hope you find your peace.
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  1:58:07 PM  Show Profile
My Mom is the only girl out of 5, so sometimes she jokes that my grandparents wanted another girl! But I think God knew that my grandparents would have granddaughters to spoil! I'm the only grandchild on my Mom's side so far, but I hope my uncle and soon-to-be aunt have more girls!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic A sad realization... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page