Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 I just had to laugh!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I just had to laugh!!! Next Topic  

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  5:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
I work at a school and everyone was talking about their Spring Break plans for next week. Most people are staying in the area, doing stuff around their homes, etc. I mentioned that I'm making my daughter's Easter dress to one of the teachers and she was impressed, but it cracked me up because she said "You never really hear of people doing that these days, do you?" ROFL It was hilarious because she was so surprised that someone "would actually sew a dress". hehe When I told her I have several sewing projects in mind for next week she was just floored. Kind of felt good though!

Looking Toward the Son,
Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  6:18:11 PM  Show Profile
it is a neat feeling. My sister always thought I was crazy for spinning when you can buy yarn until one day just a few wks. ago. She stopped by when I was in the middle of alot of spinning for a rug, she sat, watched & then asked if she could try. I loved it.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  8:41:53 PM  Show Profile
I get the same reaction with about everything I do...people are funny. I am so glad to have you girls who understand!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  9:16:36 PM  Show Profile
Me too! "Why knit it when you can buy one so cheaply?" makes mewant to scream. Stu and I are very passionate about hand crafted items. So few people appreciate the care and love that goes into creating something wonderful with your hands. You go girl!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Farmgirls do it organically!
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  11:06:28 AM  Show Profile
Total agreement! I am always shocked that folks are surprised by skills I think are necessary just for everyday living.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I just had to laugh!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page