Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 PenPals for Farm Kids-U.D. 2/18/10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic PenPals for Farm Kids-U.D. 2/18/10 Next Topic
Page: of 4

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  07:01:14 AM  Show Profile
Kayce, Chloe would not have minded one single bit to have a boy pen pal. She used to be the sweetest little princess and always wore dresses and all the girly stuff. But now she is so tomboy and has more guy friends. But I know how it is and it's better this way. Thank you for letting them join. They have enjoyed reading Kansas' letters from her pen pal.

I hope ya'll have a wonderful revival. We all need thet!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristina
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

kristina
Glastonbury ct
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2010 :  2:26:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi there Kayce!
I just wanted to write in and say that my daughters are so happy with their penpals. They race to the mail everyday!! I know that the guidelines stipulate that each participant can have only one pen pal but if that ever changes, they would love to sign up for one more. They are both homeschooled and so have some extra time to manage a second penpal. Let me know if the guideline ever changes! P.S. My oldest daughter will be eight next month and my youngest is 6 1/2.

Edited by - kristina on Mar 07 2010 05:51:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmmilkmama
True Blue Farmgirl

2027 Posts

Amy
Central MN
USA
2027 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  2:18:25 PM  Show Profile
I also have to say how much my boys are enjoying their penpals. I have never seen them actually WANT to write anything, but now its easy to work on writing. Its so cute to see them excited for mail call everyday to see if they have something from their penpal. Oh yes - and the "Can we go visit our penpals? Like tomorrow?" even though they are many states away? :) You gotta love it!!

--* FarmMilkMama *--

Farmgirl Sister #1086

Be yourself.
Everyone else is already taken.
-Oscar Wilde

www.wakeupstartlearning.blogspot.com
www.farmfoodmama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  1:01:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! I am so glad to hear about excited penpals. Revival was awesome and busy and my wedding is now only 7 days away

I know, my son also wants to visit his penpal. It is too cute.

Please keep spreading the word. I know this thread is slow. Dont really know why. I thought Farmkids would really be interested. Hmmm.

~Kayce~

Check out PenPals for FarmKids http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38599
Go to Top of Page

barefootmama
True Blue Farmgirl

133 Posts

Jennifer
BLOOMSBURG Pennsylvania
USA
133 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2010 :  05:15:02 AM  Show Profile  Send barefootmama a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kayce!

I have a 9 year old daughter who would love a Pen Pal!!! and a 5 yr old boy with no intrest yet lol...
Just let me know what to do ,she can't wait to get started!

Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves,for they shall never cease to be amused:)
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  08:37:22 AM  Show Profile
Kayce, we have confirmed for the 11 year old girls. And I just sent an email to Jennifer for the 8 and 9 year old girls. So yeah! Thank you for doing this. I can't wait to tell them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  08:41:20 AM  Show Profile
Yay! I heard from Jennifer so the 8& 9 year olds are paired up! This is so exciting. I can't wait to tell them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

greentea
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Alicia
Wisconsin
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2010 :  10:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Send greentea an AOL message  Send greentea a Yahoo! Message
My 3 yo would love to send/receive postcards....of course, I'd do the writing, but he'd pick out the postcard and tell the story.

My son's blog (designed to keep in touch with Grandma and all her friends:
http://babycork.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2010 :  06:20:30 AM  Show Profile
Kristina, Jennifer and Karen, I am so sorry my grands are such slackers. My daughter has moved so I am not going to see them as much as before. They will be here today so I will make them all sit down and write letters. Please tell the girls I am so sorry they're so slow.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2010 :  11:31:43 AM  Show Profile
I was actually wondering if there was a stop to the penpalling for our kids as my kids haven't heard anything in a few months from their pals. They each told me that it wasn't their turn to write, well, hmm, that could be true but you know how boys are! LOL I'll see if I can find the addresses of the boys they write to and get them to write anyway even if they don't think it's their turn.

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

http://achickenwithherheadcutoff.blogspot.com/
http://lateinlifemommy.blogspot.com/
http://www.youravon.com/kristenparkinson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic PenPals for Farm Kids-U.D. 2/18/10 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page