Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Watching Children Sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Watching Children Sleep Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  8:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sooths the soul. Nora is a big girl of 3 and a half now. It has been a LONG time she fell asleep in my arms. But tonight she curled up in my arms and we snuggled with a blanket. Soon her eyes were rolling and she threw one of her arms around my neck just like she used to when she was a little baby. After that she sighed a couple times and was out.

Watching her sleep in my arms was a little bittersweet. I know these times are numbered and she is such a big girl now, but at the same time it was very healing to the soul. She is such a sweet girl- very loving and kind. It's a gift to be able to hug and cuddle her like that.

Thank you my daughter.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  5:37:31 PM  Show Profile
I love watching my kids sleep too. At night before we go to bed, I go in and check on them one last time to make sure they're all covered up and cosy. I love looking at them in their beds, content and comfortable.
Moments like that are ones you cherish forever!

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  7:29:30 PM  Show Profile
I use to love watching my kids sleep and having them curl up in my lap and fall asleep. At 24,22, and 21 I thought those times were over. However, recently my youngest had a very serious car accident and it took me 6 hours to drive to where she is. She was out of the hospital (just barely) when I got to her apartment. That evening when she got ready for bed I was sitting in the old recliner in her living room and she came and sat down on me wrapped her arms around my neck and laid her head on my shoulder. After a few minutes of tears she fell asleep. I held her for a very long time just being thankful that she was still alive for me to hold. She had flipped her car end over end two and 1/2 times.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  7:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Alee! It's okay, my Mom still watches me sleep sometimes and I'm 14! I won't tell her that, but I think it calms her to see her "baby" sleeping.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  8:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Megan, as a mother of a 14-year-old, I can whole-heartedly assure you: Yes, it does a Mom's soul wondrous good to watch her "baby" sleeping. :) Makes me want to cry, it's such a beautiful thing! Sometimes I even catch a glimpse of my once little boy's face in his innocent, sleeping countenance. It warms my heart, especially after one of those days when we just can't seem to connect on ANY level! I miss those times when I was the be-all, end-all of his little world. Now his world is so huge and his horizons so vast, and sometimes I can't help but feel a little lost in his big picture. It's natural, and he certainly doesn't intentionally do anything to make me feel this way. It's just SO different now that he's a teenager. It's a good thing, of course! But sometimes I really miss my little boy. And at night, when the house is quiet and the crickets are chirping, and all the cares of the day have melted into darkness, I can peek into in his room and find my little one is still there... That simple slumber-watch helps me know all is right with the world. :)

Megan You are surely the apple of your Mom's eye, the sunshine in her day, and the love in her heart. Someday, when you're a Mom, you'll cherish this memory of your Mom. Warmth will fill your heart, tears will well up in your eyes, and you will truly understand: there is no love like that in a mother's heart. :)

May God bless you and your Mom, Megan. May God bless all Mom's hearts, and the children that they so deeply and profoundly love!

Hugs,

Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Aug 28 2010 8:28:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  8:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh Nini! That is so beautiful! Thank you so much! I just read that to my Mom and she was like, we like her! Lol! She and I have such a good relationship, and I'm so happy for that. I tell my friends that, and they say that they wish that they could have what my Mom and I have. I think it would calm anyone to watch someone else sleep, but mothers especially!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  8:59:53 PM  Show Profile
I had the pleasure of holdin my little one till she dosed off just last night. She's almost 2 and doesn't want to sit in momma's lap anymore. I so love it, but you just can't force it with a squigglin mass of jello! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  07:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I got kind of teary reading this. My baby is almost six. It has been some time since she slept on me. I sometimes get up at night and watch her sleep.

I sleep better knowing that she is sleeping peacefully. Plus the sweet face she has when she is sleeping is priceless!!!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  07:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy- I think that has to be one of the hardest parts of being a mom- The letting go part. I already feel like at 3.5 Nora already is so independent and I miss the days of the sweet baby breath and the just-had-a-bath scent and counting the eyelashes where they kiss the baby's cheek and they drift off to sleep. Or the complete relaxation of all muscles in their body as they crash into sleep and you think that somehow even their bones have taken on the consistency of a limp noodle.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2010 :  11:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
It is very hard. She is very independent. Which is good. She never cried when I left her somewhere or held on to me and didn't want to let me go. I am so blessed to have a girl who is independent.

I can't have anymore babies. I think I might have said this before. So my time for all of this is gone.

But I do get a smile meant for me. Like she is letting me know she is ok and she knows that I feel better with her smile. Oh, the over whelming urge to grab her, hold her, and not let her go. LOL

Aren't we lucky?? I am so blessed.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Watching Children Sleep Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page