Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Who else wears thier baby
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Who else wears thier baby Next Topic  

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  10:49:51 AM  Show Profile
Out of curiosity who else wears thier baby in a baby sling, snuggly, etc.?

My littlest one is all snug here sleeping away.

This sling has been the most useful baby "equipment" I have.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  11:19:12 AM  Show Profile
I did.... and my daughter has with her two! I loved it.. it gave my hands back!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  11:30:54 AM  Show Profile
I did...planted a garden last Spring with Violet snug as a bug in the sling when she was only 2 months old. I used it throughout most of the summer and autumn, but once she started wanting to stand, move, etc...it was all over for the sling. Great way to keep her satisfied and calm, though.

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  12:11:26 PM  Show Profile
me, I love it!

Of course my inlaws think she's going to die in it. But, she's been fine, and loves it!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  12:42:57 PM  Show Profile
used one with all 4 of my kids, and they are now 29-36, living on a farm/ranch, you almost have no choice, things gotta get done, and you can't leave the baby alone, so...I passed on the slings to my D-inLaws and they too used them.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  3:01:12 PM  Show Profile
We never owned a stroller. Our kids were in a sling or backpack and I loved it. We rented a stroller a few times at Sea World, until I realized we can take a wagon in. I liked keeping the kids close and they loved it too.

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!
Don't out smart your common sense!!
Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  6:32:19 PM  Show Profile
I never had one. I wore my daughter on my hip and was one handed most of the time. She learned how to hold on around my neck to give me two hands for some stuff. I still wear her a lot at 20 months old! Only now it's on my leg. She likes to hold onto my belt loops and stand on my foot while I walk around the house workin on stuff. She even helps me carry things to be put away if she can pin it between her little body and my leg. I think she'd ride on my shoulders if our ceilings weren't so low! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

TexBetsy
True Blue Farmgirl

314 Posts

Betsy
Princeton TX
USA
314 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  6:48:48 PM  Show Profile
I "wore" all my three babies! Of course, they are 28, 26, and 24 now And even though just one lives somewhat close to me (the others are in Ohio and New York), we are still very close. I think that's because I kept them so close to my heart in their snuggly. Enjoy those little ones and keep them close to your hearts!

Betsy

"God does not command that we do great things, only little things with great love" Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

drag0nfly
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

sally
buckley mi
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  05:09:53 AM  Show Profile
i wanted one of those maya wrap slings for my first baby.. but couldn't bring myself to buy one.. then i finally made one for my second baby and it was a godsend!!! i can't believe i didn't do that sooner.. I ended up making and selling and giving away probably over 50 of them in the next two years.. haha. my kids are 5 and 3 now.. and i still get requests for those darn things.. They are just so easy!
Go to Top of Page

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  07:27:43 AM  Show Profile
With my oldest I didn't have a sling but with the other two it was a godsend. They loved it and slept so well when I had things to do. Also was wonderful when we were out because I could nurse and nobody knew. Every mom should have one.

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  4:16:54 PM  Show Profile
I happily wore all three of our sons. They are 8, 10, & 13 now. I loved the baby sling. I swear they all had an aversion to the stroller anyway and it was a waste for us. Couldn't take it down the dirt road anyway, but the sling was something that was fantastic for us. I loved how versatile it was.

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  6:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Angela at 20 months old you can still wear her. I wore my daughter oldest at that age. Boy, I wore her almost 12 hours a day, at a amusement park when she was that age. It was in a KangarooKorner sling. But, would of worked probably in some made for older children too. She is very very outgoing, but I think ALL the people around intimidated her. She was very happy the whole time in her sling!

Go to Top of Page

EarthMamaJEM
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Jenn
PA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  7:09:18 PM  Show Profile
I do! I am a huge believer in the "4th trimester" and attachment parenting in general and love my Beco and Ergo once they are about 4-5 months but use a pouch when they are wee. Although my 3rd loved the Mei Tei from a young age.

There are so many different kinds of carriers out there....I find the Beco or other SSC's to be the most versitile. My youngest is 18 months and about 28 lbs and I wear her at least once a day.

I am Jenn. Wife to A, mama to S, B, L and V.
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  9:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah DD2 loves the mei tei since she was like 2 months old! She sleeps the whole time in it.

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  09:13:19 AM  Show Profile
I have a Heart to Heart sling that I bought when our middle son was a baby. I find it the most versatile from newborn to toddler (I carried DD1 on my back when she got too tired on walks).

We also attachment parent in our home.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  08:40:00 AM  Show Profile
I wear my baby. It is much easier than pushing a stroller or carrying that heavy baby bucket infant car seat. I see people lugging those infant seats around and I feel sorry for their backs.

We attachment parent also, baby is always close to mama.

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 5.
Go to Top of Page

MerryHeartSister
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Christy
Tuscaloosa Alabama
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  10:36:50 AM  Show Profile
I wear my baby some. I give her time to play under her gym and swing but if that fails to keep her calm then I have a wrap of green knit interlock fabric that I use to carry her.

Go to Top of Page

woolgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

901 Posts

Elizabeth
Great Lakes IL
USA
901 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  11:04:12 AM  Show Profile
I loved wearing my baby when she was small enough. We are very into the attachment parenting theory here as well.
Go to Top of Page

TeaPriestess
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Dionne
Duluth Georgia
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  08:33:51 AM  Show Profile
I wore both my babies and loved every minute of it. For my daughter we had a snugli and we had a couple different ones for my son because he just didn't like the snugli ones. Wearing them made it so easy to nurse. My hubby wore our babies too. We still had our stroller for when they were napping.

"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world."- Tien Yiheng
Yay I'm Farmgirl Sister #1690!
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  1:10:03 PM  Show Profile
I couldn't live without my Ergo!! In the house Mason is usually just on my hip but outside or in town he's on my back in the Ergo. :)

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2010 :  05:35:48 AM  Show Profile
I"wore" all my babies too -- and would not trade those memories for anything!

farmgirl sister #1927
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  1:58:29 PM  Show Profile
I puffy heart my BabyHawk mei tais. I actually have two of them - one is 4.5yo, other is 2.5yo, and they're still as fabulous as when I got them (even if the khaki one isn't as pristine).

I had my 6mo in the MT twice today already (farmer's market and library), and the day's not over yet. With so many kids and only two hands, I get creative.

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys and growing a new little sprout - born at home in a creative place Feb 2010
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  7:22:59 PM  Show Profile
I wore all of mine. When we lived in Holland I wore my son under my parka and when we lived in Alaska I wore my daughter under my parka. When we moved over seas I wore one on my front, one on my back and my husband had one on his back. We traveled all over Europe that way. Never had to worry about one going missing from a seat or stroller.

Farmgirl Sister 572

When manure happens just say "WOO HOO Fertilizer".
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  7:24:47 PM  Show Profile
Sorry posted the same thing twice - deleted this one.

Edited by - Faransgirl on Aug 29 2010 6:42:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lovely Rita Milk Maid
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

RoseRita
Chicago IL
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2010 :  5:21:45 PM  Show Profile
I wore my twins, although mostly one at a time. So did the hubby. We have a great picture of him wearing one and my brother wearing the other on a family camping trip. They had extreme GERD/Acid Reflux and needed to be walked and bounced at all waking times.

I loved the NoJo Sling & Beco best. The twins are 3.5 and I just finally gave my Beco to a pregnant friend. If my girls weren't so big I'd probably still use it.

Attachment parents (as much as parents of twins can be) here too.

Cowgirls, Gypsys & Wildwomen, Welcome Here.
Go to Top of Page

highlandviewpantry
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

WV
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  5:06:16 PM  Show Profile
I wore my first daughter and loved it. It was very convenient as well as bonding. Then her brothers came along at close to ten pounds each and my back couldn't take it. But I really enjoyed using the sling with my oldest. Her father likes to tell her how she was attached to my hip.

www.thehighlandviewpantry.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Who else wears thier baby Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page