Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Northern Illinois Chapter?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Northern Illinois Chapter? Next Topic
Page: of 2

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  08:33:50 AM  Show Profile
I have been searching the pages and can't seem to find any chapter for northern IL. It would be nice to have a "local" group to get together for little events (picnics, county fairs, even camping) I know there will be an Upper Midwest campout but maybe the fellow Northern Illinoisans can start a group. Anyone interested?

-update:
I filled out the Farmgirl Chapter form on the MaryJane site. I will be getting the kit soon! So just let me know If you are interested! We can start planning events when we know who wants to join. It is for anyone in Northern Illinois or neighboring areas. Most likely we will meet in the middle or try new spots. So anyway, just let me know if you want to join! Thanks!

Edited by - NicoleG on Apr 04 2006 10:56:30 AM

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  11:49:09 AM  Show Profile
I think it sounds like a lot of fun! You can count me in, Nicole!
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  10:29:38 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Mary Ann! I hope we can get a few more. I'll let you know when I get the kit and we will give some time to let more people join. Then we can start planning what we want to do!
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  06:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
Where in Northern Illinois are you Nicole? I am done in central Illinois, between Bloomington & Champaign. I would love to find a group close by.

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  09:46:57 AM  Show Profile
I am in the west suburbs of Chicago. (Elmhurst) But the group is for anyone in the whole North part of Illinois. I'm guess we will do a lot of mail projects and contact but once in a while we can pick a central location for all of us to meet and have a fun day or campout planned. I'm sure not everyone will be able to go to every event but we can still make it a fun group. So you are more than welcome to join!

I used mapquest and we are about 2 1/2 hours apart.
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  11:17:05 AM  Show Profile
I got the package last week. I apologize for not posting sooner, I have been pretty busy. So far we have Horseyrider, possibly Sillyfoulks, and Countrygirl84 (I think that's her site name. She hasn't been on lately but I contacted her.) So if anyone else wants to join or knows of anyone who might be intersted, let them know. Otherwise, we can start to think of a way to start the group...letters, get-together, whatever. Let me know!
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2006 :  06:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
We just had a Farmgirl introduce herself in Farm Wagon. Kari is her name, and I believe her screen name is My Life. I think she is in Atkinson. She sounds wonderful, and sweet. She is a life long Farmgirl, and I am sure has lots to share. Maybe a special invite is in order?

Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page

My life
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Kari
Atkinson IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  5:21:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals,
Count me in! I think this sounds very fun. I live about 2 hours from everywhere! Chicago, Champaign etc. It would be rewarding and I'm sure quite entertaining to have an Illinois Chapter. I'm, so new, I really don't know what all would be involved, but educate me because, I'm willing.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  9:58:38 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Yep, count me in!

Laura

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  2:38:02 PM  Show Profile
OK ladies. I am starting to look up a place we can meet maybe in June. Someplace sort of in the middle of us all where we can maybe do a tour, visit some small town shops, hike a trail, or just have lunch and chat. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, let me know. I will be searching online so any idea is great! I'll keep you all posted.
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  2:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Ladies,
I'm from Wisconsin but would be willing to travel to meet up with you. Would you mind a cheesehead in your group?

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  3:10:58 PM  Show Profile
I wouldn't mind at all. Any farmgirl is always welcome! We will be glad to have you :)

Another idea is berry picking or something like that so if anyone knows of a good place, let me know!

Edited by - NicoleG on Apr 25 2006 4:51:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  10:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
I'm not sure how far it is from everyone but Starved Rock State Park in Utica has some beautiful hiking. I don't know of too many good places to shop, but I know downtown Geneva, IL has quite a few cute and unique shops. Just some thoughts!

Laura

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart." Anne Frank
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2006 :  04:56:20 AM  Show Profile
Ahh, Laura! This is sort of my home turf!

Starved Rock has a darling little town close by called Utica. They have a handful of little shops there, and a nice Irish pub. They also have a nice museum there made from an old stone mill house, and a bike path that stretches from LaSalle/Peru to well past Morris. It's beautiful back there! I just wish they'd let us take horses on it. Anyway, there are antique vendors in a large pole building that's fun outside of Peru, and a huge craft mall there, too. But mostly, Starved Rock and it's neighboring parks Mathessein and Catlin Park are wonderful oases of wild land in the middle of all the farm country. I know these trails well.
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  09:13:44 AM  Show Profile
I must not be thinking. I have even been to Starved Rock a few times and I completely forgot about it! Thanks for reminding me!

I looked up the events and on June 10th and 11th there is a garden walk in Utica with plant and craft sales and wine tasting. It is $5 to do the walking tour. If we want to go that weekend we could camp Friday night and do the tour/shopping Saturday. Let me know if this would be ok. Here's the links to the tour and park:

The Garden Walk- Scroll down a little bit
http://www.utica-il.com/Calendar.asp?EventBeginDate=6/10/2006

Starved Rock State Park- More info and camping fees are on the right bar
http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/i&m/east/starve/park.htm
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2006 :  06:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
I had checked out Utica myself, just the other day. This sounds fun. I am not sure if I can make the overnight camping, but I am pretty sure that I could make it for the day on Saturday. This is a pretty busy time of year. The kids will be out of school and the vegetables will be in full swing. It is also smack dab in the middle of summer football(dh is a coach) and cheerleading(I am director). It is also just a few weeks from our big 4th of July, when we are expected many out of town guests(lot's of planning). It just seems to be anywhere from April to November is always jam packed for us.

Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2006 :  7:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Those days will probably work for me! It will be great to meet all of you in person and we'll have so much fun! I'm looking forward to it! Hope everyone's well!

Laura

Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  09:25:30 AM  Show Profile
It sounds like we are interested in Saturday for sure. So we can either meet up Saturday morning or some of us could camp out Friday night. If you are interested in camping Friday, let me know. That way we can start to plan out what type of site we want.
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  11:19:59 AM  Show Profile
I can probably do one of those two days, but not both. And I really can't camp; I have to do chores. But I'm only about 45 minutes away, so it shouldn't be too bad. I can't have hubby do two weekends in a row; I'm heading the following weekend to Kansas for a get together of people from a horse board I moderate.

It's amazing to think that these are all people I never would have known had there never been an internet.
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2006 :  11:39:00 AM  Show Profile
I've been watching this thread...I have a craft show that weekend, but would LOVE to join you another time to meet everyone!
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  2:19:20 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda, we would love to have you whenever you can make it. This is only our first one so there will be many more I'm sure.

Well, it seems that Saturday is a good day so should we make it a date, girls? We can meet in town at the plant sale (where we pay for the tour anyway). Send me an e-mail if you would like to go and if you would be camping or not. Thanks! :)

Laura, we can camp if you want to (and anyone else who wants to). It is a bit of a drive for early Saturday for us so if you are up for it, we can have our own little campout. I could probably even pick you up on Friday night...I think you are sort of on the way anyway. But we can talk about it. E-mail me if you want to.

Edited by - NicoleG on May 02 2006 2:21:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - May 02 2006 :  6:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Ladies,
I would love to join but my youngest graduates from High School and my oldest leaves for Fort Irwin Ca. that weekend. (Back to the army after leave.) Please keep me posted on your next meeting.
:>)

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  12:25:36 PM  Show Profile
Ok so it looks like Laura (CountryGirl85) and I are camping Friday night and then Mary Ann (Horseyrider) and possibly Elizabeth (sillyfoulks) will be meeting us in Utica Saturday morning. This should be fun, girls!
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  04:36:33 AM  Show Profile
When we get a little closer to the date, we should confirm a time and place. There are going to be lots of people there in town, so it'd be nice to be able to tell you from the others!
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2006 :  08:49:31 AM  Show Profile
The garden walk is already coming up! How about we meet around 8:30 at the plant sale (corner of Mill and Church). That way we can look around a little before we do the walk. I know Laura said she has to leave around 12. It all starts at 9 so that gives us half an hour to find each other and decide what we want to do. How should we tell each other from the crowd? I'll be there with my boyfriend. I'm the one who's 22 but looks 16! Haha. I'll figure out some type of thing to wear to find me. I'll let you guys know. And let me know if 8:30 is ok or if you want to meet sooner or later.
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2006 :  06:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
I am sorry girls. I will not be able to make it. We have had some stuff come up that I just can't get out of. Maybe next time.

Elizabeth

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Northern Illinois Chapter? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page