Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Machine Embroidery?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Machine Embroidery? Next Topic  

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2006 :  05:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Anyone use their sewing machine to embroidery? I am still looking at machines to buy..and wondered if this embroidery feature is a good thing to have?
Jan

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  08:33:56 AM  Show Profile
My machine doesn't have it, and so far, it's been fine, but my mom's does, and I know she's used it a bit. The only thing I can think of that I would like it for is to label things that I made - lettering, mostly. I wish I had more experience to be more helpful, but for me, it wasn't that important.

That's so fun to be looking for a new machine - I hope you find one that you love!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  10:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Libbie~~ The janome is on sale this week~Still trying to decide if my basic singer will do for now...or if I need/want something else....
Jan
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  4:16:29 PM  Show Profile
I bought the low-end Brother dedicated embroidery machine, thinking my old Singer zig-zag sewing machine still worked fine. But I am sorry now - I think I would have been happier if I had invested in either a sewing machine that does embroidery or a more capable embroidery machine. I want to do a crazy quilt project and can't stitch an embroidery stitch over the seam like I would like to, I'm limited to a four-inch embroidery area.

But I was hedging, because I wasn't sure I would do enough embroidery to justify the higher cost. After using it for a while I have decided I do like to do the machine embroidery! Now my sewing machine is giving me fits with bottom tension, and I would like some additional stitches besides the basic zig-zag, and I'm not sure which machine to upgrade first!

Maybe I'll look at a Janome if they are one sale, I had been thinking Husqvarna or Bernina, but I don't know much about any of them.... Of course, I hate to spend the money for any of them!!!!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  8:07:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi,
I have a Pfaff embroidery machine. I do not have the soft ware for computer but it sews lots of fancy stitches..more tham 100... and I can combine these. It also can do whole designs with the proper cards. Actually you start it and can walk off while it sews.You only have to come back to change thread. It pretty much does everything except be able to download stuff. It was a gift so I did not pick it. What I have learned is that I really enjoy all the preprogrammed stitches. I have not been that impressed with the embroidery because you have to be good @ setting up the program etc. I do not enjoy the set up at all. I'm too impatient. It's to "computer-like for me. I just enjoy sewing. If I'm gonna embroider I would rather do it by hand.
If you sew alot the cost definetly is worth a good machine. I felt this one was too pricy and would not pay for itself. My best friend told me I had already paid for it with 20 yrs worth of sewing for my family of 6 on my old Kenmore. So I accepted the machine. Don't get me wrong ,I would not give it back and I enjoy the Pfaff. I just would have picked a different model.
Now if they could make a model that finished up all the unfinished projects while I'm starting new ones I would pay BIG money for that one!!!!

Let us know what you deciede on the machine.
Happy sewing, Teddie

Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  08:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
It seems like our threads are all tangling lately but in a good way. On another forum, someone gave a link to the Paisley Pincushion and I noticed that they have an article about embroidery machines. You might want to check it out. The address is www.paisleypincushion.com I hope this gives you some interesting information that will help you make a decision about what to buy. There is also a magazine out on the market that is specifically for people who have embroidery machines. It has some pretty fantastic projects in it and you might want to try to find one of those to get some ideas of how you could use an embroidery machine. I never thought of them as being of much use until I saw one of the magazines and the beautiful things they can be used to make. In any event we will enjoy hearing what you decide and what wonderful projects you make with your new machine.

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Machine Embroidery? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page