Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Treadle Sewing Machine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Treadle Sewing Machine Next Topic  

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  06:19:05 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone use a treadle sewing machine? I have been wanting one for some time...I use to sit beside my grandma at her's and there was just something so peaceful about the rythm of the machine that I loved. I would have to find one reeeeeaaaalllly cheap to be able to afford it though. Just wondering if anyone still used one, had any advice on which kind to buy, where to find one, etc.

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  1:42:25 PM  Show Profile
Ashley, I have fond memories of helping my grandmother at hers, I loved pushing the peddle. I still look at it when I visit, she still uses hers. I hope you have luck in finding one. I can only recommend looking on the net for information. I know that there are some book guide books and repairing books out there.

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  10:12:03 PM  Show Profile
I was given one his fall, but have yet to get on it. My goal is to get on it come summer. It is really beatiful and looks nice while waiting for me to use it.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Deb H
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Deb
Glendale Missouri
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  07:26:46 AM  Show Profile
Well, I was hoping to find more information myself about Treadles, because I just bought one, and was hoping someone out there could tell me more about them. . .

"Well-behaved women rarely make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  08:12:52 AM  Show Profile
A simple search brings up this original 5 page topic on treadle machines, with alot of shared info present: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119&SearchTerms=treadle

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Edited by - Clare on Apr 08 2006 08:15:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Deb H
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Deb
Glendale Missouri
USA
46 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  08:38:10 AM  Show Profile
Actually, Clare, I've been sitting here reading those 5 pages of info and clicking on links and bookmarking the ones I thought I might use. I bought and paid for a White Treadle machine yesterday, but didn't have any way to get it home yet, so it's still at the antique mall, waiting for me. . .Thank you for the info, though!

"Well-behaved women rarely make history" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Treadle Sewing Machine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page